shape
carat
color
clarity

My pearls from Hong Kong

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those photos are excellent!!! Nice pearls, too. Smile.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy jade, your new tahitians are beautiful! :love: The colors are mesmerizing...definitely worth blowing your budget for I say! Wear in good health and happiness!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek said:
So Sweet ~ just love that ring with the tahitians :love: :love:

Thanks! Really haven't had the time to play with the ring with my back-to-back travel. Looking forward to be 'reunited' with my precious baubles soon! Hope you ladies are up for more pics. :cheeky:

bsomlo said:
Those photos are excellent!!! Nice pearls, too. Smile.
missy|1375554901|3496022 said:
icy jade, your new tahitians are beautiful! :love: The colors are mesmerizing...definitely worth blowing your budget for I say! Wear in good health and happiness!

Thanks!! :bigsmile:
I'll go back and compare against my other 2 tahitian strands. Maybe more photos? :naughty:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1375588345|3496252 said:
Thanks!! :bigsmile:
I'll go back and compare against my other 2 tahitian strands. Maybe more photos? :naughty:

So... I was really quite happy to finally get home and to be reunited with my new pearls. I was also really curious to compare the pastels against my other multi-coloured tahitian (more here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colour-graduated-long-baroque-tahitians-from-andy-m%C3%BCller.190979/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colour-graduated-long-baroque-tahitians-from-andy-m%C3%BCller.190979/[/URL]) and just to get a better sense of them in the day.

Am glad to say that I love both strands equally.

So I'll start with the 3 pieces that I bought, on the usual paper towel in my usual photography spot at home:

So a little more of my cute ring (on the oyster 'plate' that I just bought but I'll leave more re: the oyster plate in the Manila thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-watching-in-manila.191900/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-watching-in-manila.191900/[/URL]):

As for the earrings, think my fav bit (apart from the colour) is really how clearly I can see my reflection in it. E.g. if you spot a black rectangle, it's really my iPhone that's used for taking these photos and you can even see fingers in real life (think my photography wasn't always so great to capture the reflections clearly tho):

I also compared against my new peacock drops. Both different but very lovely:

img_7967.jpg

img_1569.jpg

img_7969.jpg

img_7964.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Then I compared my colour graduated strand from Andy Muller vs the pastel strand from Rio Pearl...

First the colour graduated strand:

Btw, my hubby bought the necklace stand for me when I was away. So sweet ya? Makes photo shoots so much easier. White stands were not available... we both agreed that a white one would be better for photography but hey, think it's still really convenient and a super sweet gesture.

Anyways on to the pastel strand:

Both together:

With the other cherry strand from PP:

img_7976.jpg

img_7975.jpg

img_7977.jpg

img_7978.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, one last pic...

Happy group photo together:

Erm... ok really last one. Couldn't resist taking the pastels on the black lipped oyster plate:

img_7979.jpg

img_7966.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot with you wearing all strands, please!

Welcome home.

Your love birds are so so cute!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375980864|3499043 said:

Welcome home.

Your love birds are so so cute!!!

Thanks, and it's good to be home.
Well... I was in PJs so didn't... :razz:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Such a lovely tahitian collection! Thanks for sharing photos, I enjoyed looking at them :wavey:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, on the topic of disappointing vendor pics in the other thread, I thought to mention how different lighting condition can really change the appearance of pearls...

In the store under intense fluorescent lighting...

Under (filtered?) sunlight indoors behind glass windows...

And under sheltered sunlight (no glass)

img_7966.jpg

All taken using iPhone, no photoshop. as you can see, definitely more intense colours under fluorescent lighting at the store vs sunlight.

So if you plan to buy pastel tahitians online, just be aware that the colours may not be as intense...

img_7533.jpg

img_7557.jpg

img_hk.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
You're right. The only way to be certain is to buy YOURS. :saint:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375980864|3499043 said:

Here's the pastel strand neck shot:

_8710.jpg

Not great at arranging multiples as you can see...

IRL the strands look more colorful. Not sure if its cos I am rotating the iphone camera to use the smaller one when taking self pearl-shots. The strands look like this on the table in the balcony where I took the photos...

_8711.jpg

_8712.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376067919|3499779 said:
You're right. The only way to be certain is to buy YOURS. :saint:

Or go to Tahiti! I've added visiting Tahiti on my 'bucket list', haha.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a wonderful collection of Tahitians! :love: :love: :love: Love the bird ring, too! How do you decide which one to wear in the morning when they are all so gorgeous?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pattye|1376232444|3500727 said:
What a wonderful collection of Tahitians! :love: :love: :love: Love the bird ring, too! How do you decide which one to wear in the morning when they are all so gorgeous?

Thanks!
Erm, I plan what to wear the night before... :rodent: :cheeky:

So... Tmr is lovebirds ring day cos my colleagues have been asking about it. :D

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
icy_jade|1376316719|3501347 said:
Pattye|1376232444|3500727 said:

Thanks!
Erm, I plan what to wear the night before... :rodent: :cheeky:

So... Tmr is lovebirds ring day cos my colleagues have been asking about it. :D

Aha! Icy Jade, what a perfect way to wind down in the evening, makes for happy dreams! :appl: :appl: :appl: Please report what your colleagues day about that darling ring!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, please update the "what I am wearing today" thread tomorrow with pictures of the lovebird ring. That is a wonderful piece.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1376336612|3501558 said:
Ahh, please update the "what I am wearing today" thread tomorrow with pictures of the lovebird ring. That is a wonderful piece.

Yes, what she said :mrgreen:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just want to thank you for the additional lovebird ring photos. What a sweet piece. :))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Just looked through this thread again.

Your pearls are crazy gorgeous!!! I can't even pick a favorite...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376546380|3503537 said:
Just looked through this thread again.

Your pearls are crazy gorgeous!!! I can't even pick a favorite...

Thanks! Love tahitians. :love:

Current favs: the Andy Muller strand, the pastel strand, both tahitian earrings, blue baroque akoyas and the love birds ring of course.
Think they stand a pretty good chance of being my long term favs too. The Tahitians are easy matches with my dark wardrobe and the akoyas have the loveliest lustre and overtone IRL. EVERYONE notices the akoyas. The ring is just so cute. And it makes everyone smile. :D :appl:

The Kojima kasumi like strand and earrings get decent praise IRL too, but are a tad too conspicuous for my sedate workplace. Plus my wardrobe has hardly any matching colours for the strand. I also reach for my white FWP studs often - easy work wear pick, so that's a really good buy.

Here's a more complete group shot: :tongue:

_8849.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is one of my favorite pieces on PS. The pastel Tahitians are a close second and the Muller strand is up there too. You have a smashing wardrobe, IJ.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376584357|3503779 said:
Your ring is one of my favorite pieces on PS. The pastel Tahitians are a close second and the Muller strand is up there too. You have a smashing wardrobe, IJ.

Wow that is such an awesome praise. Thanks so much! :D

Mmm... Does that mean that you may move on to acquiring more tahitians next? ;))

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Only if I can find some like yours! I need your help, Icy Jade!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376585998|3503813 said:
Only if I can find some like yours! I need your help, Icy Jade!

Haiz, if only I can quit my day job and be a personal pearl shopper!

But really, both strands were based on pure chance, or fate if you believe in that.
I had a string of bad luck with some purchases just prior so I think the commonality is that I managed to see and try these 3 that you like before buying. I must have gone thru dozens (of pearl strings) before them. Eg had no idea that I would look awful in peacock? Or blue (sigh)? Or even that I actually find very circled tahitian pearls quite nice IRL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results