shape
carat
color
clarity

My pearl projects

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, am a long time lurker but am so excited about my new pearl projects and hope to get some suggestions from you pearl experts for them.

1. Blue baroque akoya necklace and earrings (9.5-10mm)
I am a very 'cool' tones person (blacks, blues, silver are my typical colours) I have been looking for a blue akoya necklace for the longest time after reading and seeing all you ladies' blue babies. Finally found this and it was :love: (or lust) at first sight.

blue_baroque_pearl_necklace_project-beauty_shot_57.jpg

I have asked the vendor to extend the length and also to quote me for either a round or baroque earrings.
This is a strand that I see myself wearing to office so I thought to go with something more formal for earrings, like a simple stud. Am thinking that a round could be out of budget so might end up with a baroque stud instead.

Question #1: Which (round or baroque) would you ladies suggest if budget is not a consideration?

2. Multi-coloured graduated chinese nucleated strand

kdn1617_kdj2840__1_large.jpg

Description from Kojima's site: This gorgeous necklace is made of natural color Chinese fresh water bead nucleated near round pearls graduated in sizes from 11-14.5mm. The pearls include, silver/white, deep pink, soft peach, lavender, and a couple of brilliant golden pearls with rainbow flashes.

This one is quite a bit bigger than all my previous necklaces, so am a bit nervous but I have been eyeing it for the longest time and decided to go for it when I saw that Sarah is having a sale. I have asked Sarah to extend the length to 20 inches, change the clasp (not gold colour!) and also to provide matching earrings. I actually love the darker colors especially (in order) the blue, the rainbowish purple and the green and have requested for more in those colours to lengthen the strand, hopefully to add to the left hand side of this pic so that we get a good mix of the dark colours all over.

Question #2: What colour would you suggest for the thread/knots? Am thinking of purple rather than the current tangerine thread, just cos I really love the purples in this strand (too few blues unfortunately).

Question #3: Any suggestions for the earrings? Both in terms of colour and style. Am thinking of dangly earrings but I don't have enough experience in larger pearls to know what to look out for in terms of practicality, style and comfort.

3. Still WIP but am looking for a large FW tear drop pendant in 'cool' colours (rather than creamy) and matching earrings

Sarah is helping to look for a FW tear drop (in cool colour) that is > 15 mm for a pendant. I am hoping for something elegant and/or sweet... and also for earrings am also looking for a dangly earring setting.

Question #4: Am clueless about setting/bale tho and any suggestions is much appreciated, like where I can go to look at settings or if you have seen any nice ones? Been googling but can't seem to find anything so far... :???:

Thanks for bearing with this long post! Again, any suggestions and tips will be appreciated...

P.S. Thanks for sharing all your lovelies so far. Don't think I would have made the 'jump' if not for all your lovely pearls. Soooooooooo tempting...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Hi icy-jade! I am no expert and new to the forum -- but I'm a pearl LOVER! (Proof -- as I type I've placed my newest acquisition, a 45" AAA multi-colored freshwater strand, on white paper between my screen and keyboard so I can gaze down at it (lovingly) -- I am more and more charmed by this lovely, simple necklace as the hours pass). Okay, back to you! I am going to respond to questions 1 and 2, I don't know how helpful I can be with 3 and 4:

1) The blue baroque akoya strand is 9.5 - 10mm. How large will the pearls in your earrings be? I like larger pearls in my earrings than my necklaces. So if they were, say, 11-12mm or larger -- speaking only for myself, I'd have them dangle. I would choose large baroque/drop dangling earrings. And if they weren't available in the exact color/size I wanted -- I wouldn't compromise but rather wait and wear other earrings with the necklace in the meantime.

2) My first thought was purple, too! I have a new triple lavender strand and I like the purple thread. But think it through -- it will change the look of the necklace and the appearance of each pearl. Given what you said -- being a "cool" tones person, it may produce the look you like.

On second thought, taking a closer look at your necklace, I am worried it will contrast/clash too much with the pearls. Now I'm thinking pink or even off-white so the pearls stand out as the stars in the show.

I am interested to hear others' opinions and am looking forward to seeing your finished products.

Enjoy the journey!

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Hello bsomlo first off love that shade of blue looks almost aqua on my monitor. Question #1 - I like both traditional and baroque depending on my mood and occasion/feel I'm going for. That doesn't help you much does it? Question #2 - I have just finished two strands one purple 11mm with dusty pink silk the other strand are multi color 10-11mm kasumi like baroque that I used ivory silk on. I prefer to have the pearls stand out, not the knots. Question #3 - I like to keep my options open here too, I like having simple pearl studs with an attachable dangle for dressier or night time use. I have long hair so having earrings with size or length but lightweight works well for me so they can be seen. Question #4 - Again for me it's about keeping as many options available as possible, I use pearl enhancer (clip-on with safety latch) types. I can switch mix silver & gold chains, use it with beads or pearls, add it to a brooch. Good luck with your projects, can't wait to see what you finally choose!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade, I have two baby blue baroque necklaces with pink over tones. I chose the largest round with pink overtone pearls I could find and had them set in a romantic dangle setting from Pearl Paradise. I am not used to wearing small pearls so getting them off the ear dangling made sense to me and I like the look better. (I wear 12mm everyday so anything under 10mm seem small)
By the way, that blue strand is just Beautiful, congrats on your score.

As for the pearls from Kojima, I would ask for white double strand of silk if it was mine. I wear multi color pearls much of the time so matching silk to most of the pearls is impossible. I would rather the silk be as invisible as possible, not something screaming out. White would not be as obvious. The Chinese freshwater strand is very lovely. I hope you really enjoy it.

As for settings, many places will sell you just the semi mounts or bales if you ask. I have many from the South Sea line of Gem East Corporation. They don't show them on their website, but they are available though jewelry stores. They do have smaller semi mounts you can view on their website. http://www.gemeast.com/pendants.html You can have them created in white, yellow and rose gold and I have had them modified to fit pearls I have purchased. Anything with a gemstone head can be modified with a pearl post too.

Pearl Paradise has beautiful great quality diamond settings and I have purchased diamond settings at The Pearl Source also. You may also want to stop by your local jeweler and ask to look though their Stuller Catalog. Stuller has a huge selection of mounting.
http://www.stuller.com/search/results/?query=pearl%2014k&page=1&facetValues%5B0%5D.Second=2%7C106%7C&facetValues%5B0%5D.First=cat

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@bsomlo: I am sure I will enjoy your newest acquisition on another thread when you have taken some pics... and be awfully tempted to get a longish strand too (on my to-do list for pearls)... but on with these for now. ;))

1) I'll keep score for this... :twirl: so 1 vote for dangle instead of studs, and thanks for your input!
The vendor is asking the supplier to provide matches so I am hopeful that they can find a good match for this strand. Otherwise I think it'll be really hard for me to find a matching pair of earrings elsewhere. But yeah, the alternative is really to go with my ever reliable diamond studs. Am thinking 10 mm, or perhaps 11 mm but not sure if my budget stretches to 12 mm... bigger better? If so then no rounds then. Think baroques can still be affordable...

2) Pink is not an option cos I never wear pink... (cos I look really ill when I wear pastels) but think off-white sounds like a good option, so thanks.

@c langston: Oh those are the beauty shots, so I'm sure in real life the colours won't be as pretty but I like them cos of the overtones. I'm not sure if these are blue or aqua tho. Never heard of aqua akoyas? I just thought the colours look fascinating. But yeah, this vendor takes really pretty pics. I have this pair of earrings and they are pretty in real life but don't think I can take pics to make them look like this:

bubbles_earring.jpg

#1: Think budget is a consideration... I like round cos I think it looks more "work formal" if that is a right term but yeah, likely baroque cos I don't want to burst my bank (already digging deep for these purchases all at one go).

#2: Ivory is off-white? So that makes 2 votes. :twirl:

#3: I am intrigued by this suggestion... so how does it work? A smaller stud with a detachable larger dangle? Do you have any pics to help me visualise what it'll look like? If yes many thanks!

Erm, will these kasumi (?) pearls be too heavy for earrings? It's a problem I face with the pair I posted above, but the kasumis are almost half the size so I thought the weight would be manageable (the ones above are over 20 mm...) :oops: :cry: They may be reborn as pendants, haha.

#4: I thought about getting an enhancer clasp but I thought the likelihood of me wearing with a strand of pearl is small, cos I usually accessorise quite simply... but yeah good point about keeping options open... let me think about it a bit more.

Thanks!

@NacreLover: #1: Plus 1 for dangle. Perhaps a classic lever back would work? Wow 12 mm daily? I am still trying to get used to wearing pearl earrings to be honest. 10 mm studs and I was like... :???: Very self-conscious and I kept banging my phone on them...

Oh and for the strand the vendor had 2 strands for sale and think this could be the 1st strand that got snapped. Mine is the 2nd and may not be as pretty, but fingers crossed! I looked at hundreds of strands from online vendors and this was the only one that I couldn't forget...

#2: White double strand... do you think white vs off-white looks different based on your experience? Or mabbe off-white could suit me better cos my skin colour is not very fair. :lol:

I hope I will love them too! My first multi-colored strand like this. Very excited. And thanks again for all your suggestions and tips on buying settings. Will look up those sites you suggested. Unfortunately I don't know any good jewellers in my country... we have lots of jewellery chains that pretty much sell the same stuff...

Love your collection of pearls btw (don't we all?). :lol:

c langston

Shiny_Rock
@bsomlo ahhh yes those professional beauty shots of jewelry are enough to make me drool. I've never been able to take a decent shot of my little projects and it is a "STILL" object :cheeky: . Here is the smoky dangle (on & off) of my purples again my apologies for the quality of the shot.

_6247.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your pearly projects.

I own a 9-9.5mm silver blue baroque akoya strand from PP, and I recently sent it back to have pearls added to extend the length to slightly over 19 inches. So I hear you there. I wear my strand with 8-8.5 mm round silver blue akoya studs. Personally, I feel that the size of your earrings has more to do with the shape of your ears, and personal preference, than any rules about the size of your strand. Since I don't like the look or feel of large pearls in my ears, I choose to wear smaller ones.

If I were to do it again, I would choose these settings with the tiny diamonds. I have a pair of golden akoyas in this setting, and I love them. The little diamonds kick it up a notch as far as looking dressy.

I have a suggestion for larger pearls, but a way to keep them lighter. I recently purchased a pair of these silver blue freshwater soufflé (hollow) pearls from Kojima. They are gorgeous. They proved to be too heavy for my taste, so I gave them to my son's fiancée for Christmas. She loves them, and they look amazing peeking through her thick curly dark hair. They would look stunning, if a bit more casual, with the baroque akoya strand.

Love that multi-color strand from Kojima. I would choose a neutral ivory colored silk for them and let the pearls make the color statement. Again, I agree about adding a bit of length. I look forward to what Sarah chooses for your strand.

One more thing about pearl earrings and work. I convinced my boss to get us light-weight head sets for the telephone. We both love them, and they make wearing larger studs so much easier. I only wish it was a wireless unit, instead of being attached to the telephone base.

blue_26.jpg

earrings_with_0.jpg

soufflekde381_kdj640__4_large.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade congrats on your new necklaces! They are both beautiful! I agree with NacreLover and would do the baroque blue akoya dangles in the romantic setting from PP. Also, I would go with a neutral (white, cream, etc.) thread on your Kojima strand. Looking forward to seeing your sets when they are finished :twirl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1368407968|3445740 said:
Personally, I feel that the size of your earrings has more to do with the shape of your ears, and personal preference, than any rules about the size of your strand. Since I don't like the look or feel of large pearls in my ears, I choose to wear smaller ones.

If I were to do it again, I would choose these settings with the tiny diamonds. I have a pair of golden akoyas in this setting, and I love them. The little diamonds kick it up a notch as far as looking dressy.

Oh thanks! Yeah, they do look so much dressier with the little diamonds. I really like this setting! Not sure if my overseas vendor can do it tho... but certainly a great idea to KIV if I can't do it this time round...

And I took what you said about size and shape of ears... and wore my 10 mms to office today for an informal poll. My colleagues said that anything bigger would be a tad too much for office, tho a few admitted that they did not really notice the earrings until I asked, especially when I wore my hair down. I do have fairly pathetic earlobes... Erm, imagine me madly/trying to be unobtrusively taking shots in the office with my iPhone... here's a really crappy shot of my ear...

img_6747.jpg

Erm, yeah. :???: :oops:

Fly Girl|1368407968|3445740 said:
Love that multi-color strand from Kojima. I would choose a neutral ivory colored silk for them and let the pearls make the color statement. Again, I agree about adding a bit of length. I look forward to what Sarah chooses for your strand.

One more thing about pearl earrings and work. I convinced my boss to get us light-weight head sets for the telephone. We both love them, and they make wearing larger studs so much easier. I only wish it was a wireless unit, instead of being attached to the telephone base.

I still banged my pearls a few times while using the phone today... oh well.
Length-wise both strands I am asking for around 20 inches. Find that a comfy length to wear.

For the thread, am now extremely convinced neutral is the way to go. :) Thanks ladies!

Awaiting further updates from the vendors. Could take a while, but hopefully not too long!

Off now to look at other pearly projects on this forum. :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1368447881|3445899 said:
icy jade congrats on your new necklaces! They are both beautiful! I agree with NacreLover and would do the baroque blue akoya dangles in the romantic setting from PP. Also, I would go with a neutral (white, cream, etc.) thread on your Kojima strand. Looking forward to seeing your sets when they are finished :twirl:

Thanks! So glad to get stamps of approval for the selection from the ladies here. :razz:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the ear shot. You do indeed have tiny elfin ears and those 10 mm pearls look plenty big on you. I can see that using the phone will be a challenge with larger stud earrings. You may have better luck with smaller pearls or a dangle style.

Looking forward to updates on your projects.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,

Sarah came back with some choices to extend the necklace and earrings. Which ones do you like best?

kojima_adds_1.jpg

kojima_adds_2_0.jpg

Am leaning towards the 2nd ones (bluish with interesting tones) both for extension and earrings but am really interested to hear your thoughts and ideas. I.e:
- Bluish
- Purples
- Mixed (for the necklace)

Rather concerned about the size for earrings tho... while I do plan on dangles am worried my tiny ears can't take the attention (or weight). Or should I ask for smaller pearls for the earrings?

Am thinking to ask for a detachable sort of earring, that I can add to studs or hoops. Something like this:

kojima_idea_1.jpg

Or stick to a standard dangle setting?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade -- you can't go wrong with those choices. First, I thought the purples. Then. I thought the blues. Then I thought, a mix! You could even go with one blue and one purple earring! Too hard to decide... Personally, I don't think those pearls will be too large as dangles, nor do I think they'll be too heavy. I wouldn't go smaller than the smallest pearl in the necklace for the earrings. You could ask for a pearl matching the size of the smallest ones in the necklace if you are worried. Keep us posted and enjoy!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sarah has suggested the cutest drops for the pendant and earrings set that I asked for. Aren't they adorable?

p31655-se4.jpg

p31655-set1.jpg

Here they are pictured next to the drops that I'd originally thought I wanted. But Sarah's choices are so much better right? :)
beauty_shot_1.jpg

Off to write to her about settling 2 projects. Hopefully next time it's with the completed beauty shots.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
For the blue akoyas, I have selected 9.5 mm studs and to extend to 50 cm (approx 19.7 inches). Bad news is... the factory orders are all backed up so the vendor has informed me that knotting will take a few weeks. :((

Anyway, thought to share some of the earrings selection provided:

img61285895.jpg

img61285896.jpg

img61285897.jpg

Prices are sadly quite staggering for the larger ones (expected but still...)
The japanese vendor did explain that akoya pearls larger than 10 mm are rare, and 11 mm ones super rare (a few per year per harvester).

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Answers to your questions in my opinion as a pearl merchant & product designer :-

1. Your are wearing the baroque shaped pearl necklace (guess it's around 8.5-9.5 mm). The best way to showcase the earrings matching the tone / style of the necklace is wearing slightly dangling baroque earrings in same or slightly larger size. As round earrings don't go too well with the all baroque necklace even the round earrings showoff the luster better. The baroque earrings with simple stud look odd sticking out too much (due to off round shape).

2. Since your necklace is in rainbow colors, you can use white thread (recommend to be double threads & double knotted for extra safety) or purple thread. However, colored thread can stain (color came off) the pearls over time. So I would still suggest using white thread on the safe side.

3. I have answered you in one with reason & style for dangling or simple stud.

4. Your baroque necklace is clean, simple and elegant, so you want your earrings to match the necklace style too. I would suggest plain simple style, a pearl set on a simple fish hook (14 or 18K white gold or even stainless steel or with pure silver, silver goes better with the blue color). You want to showcase your pearl earrings so the setting on the earrings should be as clean and simple as possible, not to so the overpower the beauty of the pearls. I can email you some of the earrings style that we carry for your reference.

Kindly let me know if I answer your answers. Thank you.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very beautiful baroque pearls on the earrings. For me, I will add an adaptive clasp on both and make it a convertible detachable pendants for versatility. I do that for my customers, so their jewelries can be made as multi-use accessories. Thanks for sharing.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Been really busy with work, and finally have some time for some quick photos of my new pearls. I LOVE my blue akoyas... never received so many compliments on other pearls that I've worn to work. Really eye-catching and I think the size/length is great too. Definitely something in my 'inheritance' list. :cheeky:

img_7140.jpg

The photos don't show up the lovely pink overtones that are so eye-catching in real-life. :love:
They are now my #1 favourite in my little collection.

Btw, I got them from Rakuten/LeCollier. LeCollier was great to work with. They customised the length, added knotting, found matching earrings... and then they even shipped the pearls to me BEFORE I paid just cos they were having some problems with their PayPal account. I mean, like how great is their customer service right? I was frankly quite shocked when I got their shipping message cos I hadn't even paid and didn't expect them to do so until I made the payment. Think they may have felt bad cos I tried to pay for almost a week but still... so without hesitation, I'll now highly recommend LeCollier.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=&pf=&pt=&f=2&tl=0&sm=1&vm=2&sid=lecollier
[you can customise the language and currency options on the upper right hand corner]

The language barrier makes things a bit harder, but for akoya pearl lovers, Rakuten (Japan's largest online store I think, like EBay equivalent) offered loads of choices, i.e. treated/natural/untreated akoyas of all sizes ands colours and lengths. Look out for special deals and offers that pop up periodically. And some of the vendors have some really interesting pearls/types/colours that I haven't seen from the usual vendors mentioned here. Of course, go for those vendors that give good pictures. Some do look rather dodgy. I also find it helpful to be able to search in Japanese - after a while I managed to figure out some key search terms in Japanese.
E.g. right now LeCollier is having a special offer for their 8mm baroque blue akoyas:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/lecollier/item/10000904/ (¥29,800 or approx US$300 - a good option for PS-ers in Asia like me)

But enough of Rakuten for now - I can provide more info if anyone is interested but... back to my new pearls.
This next shot includes my dyed FWP cheapies from recent Thailand trip - managed to find time to go to a store to have a look. I like them for the size and the vendor customised the length as well to my liking and added a WG clasp.

And one more of my dyed FWP cheapies - my colleagues there were quite excited for me when they saw it. Someone mentioned that it's cheap but looks expensive. This strand has converted me btw. I was never a believer of dyed pearls. But if I compared these affordable FWP cheapies to my 6x more expensive and a few mm smaller tahitians... there is no fight. The FWP wins hands down in terms of 'presence' without even getting into the affordability constraints.

All the pics are taken under natural sunlight. They do look different under artificial light. For the akoyas the overtones are more apparent under artificial light.

img_7134.jpg

img_1224.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy jade -- Those silver/blue akoyas are crazy beautiful! Can you post some neck shots? The website looks interesting to explore. I get a kick out of the translations.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1372524497|3474332 said:
icy jade -- Those silver/blue akoyas are crazy beautiful! Can you post some neck shots? The website looks interesting to explore. I get a kick out of the translations.

@bsomlo: Thanks! They do look better in real life. Actually I did try neck shots when I wore them to office but the shots were a mess... they just look silverish and nothing like what you'll see in real life. I'll try again tomorrow in the day if I get some decent light (and if there is no haze)... neck shots are just sooooo hard, I dunno how you ladies manage to get such good shots. In times like these, I wish that I got a mannequin when I saw them on sale.

Btw do you want to see neck shots for the luster, colour or size? I actually have a strand of metallic white FWP from PP and a cream-ish gem grade FWP strand from POJ. In case the neck shot fails, maybe I can do some comparative shots of these strands against a paper towel? Unfortunately these are my 1st akoyas so I don't have a white akoya strand for comparison.

P.S. Re: the weird translations, I realised that some are literal translations. E.g.
Terry = overtone
Black butterfly = tahitian
Initially I was wondering why the pearls are called butterfly until I looked at the original pages and managed to read some of the chinese characters. The wonders of google translation. :loopy:
Have fun with the site. Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. I've a long list of bookmarked pearls/vendors from Rakuten.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Bsomlo: My neck shots were bleh so I did some comparatives, and ended up going thru my tray. Lotsa pics coming up!

So this is my little collection... a mix of faux and real pearls. Plus my usual diamond pendant for those sharp eyed ladies who spotted it.

My neck shot of with the blue baroque akoya with rose overtones:

Since I already had that on, I added the PP metallic FWP and gem grade FWP from POJ.
Top to bottom: (i) PP metallic FWP, (ii) blue baroque akoya with rose overtones and (iii) gem grade FWP from POJ

Then I took them off and laid them on the kitchen paper towel.
Top to bottom: (i) FWP baroque clicker (from Rakuten), (ii) FWP dangle earrings (from Rakuten), (iii) Misaki faux pearls, (iv) Tahitians from PP, (v) Dyed FWPs (from Thailand), (vi) Lavender FWP cheapies from eBay, (vii) gem grade FWP from POJ, (viii) blue baroque akoya with rose overtones (from Rakuten), (ix) PP metallic white FWP, (x) Misaki faux pearls, and (xi) Dyed baroque grey FWP cheapies from eBay.

Ok, maxed out attachments so I'll cont in next post...

img_1244.jpg

img_7155.jpg

img_7163.jpg

img_7167.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
K, recap:
Top to bottom: (i) FWP baroque clicker (from Rakuten), (ii) FWP dangle earrings (from Rakuten), (iii) Misaki faux pearls, (iv) Tahitians from PP, (v) Dyed FWPs (from Thailand), (vi) Lavender FWP cheapies from eBay, (vii) gem grade FWP from POJ, (viii) blue baroque akoya with rose overtones (from Rakuten), (ix) PP metallic white FWP, (x) Misaki faux pearls, and (xi) Dyed baroque grey FWP cheapies from eBay.

And now for a special on the blue baroque akoya with rose overtones, matching earrings and the metallic FWP baroque clicker that I just realised are a fantastic match...

Ok, next post...

img_7171.jpg

img_7174.jpg

img_7176.jpg

img_7181.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Again, from a distance:

Ok, next up for those who are wondering if the blue akoyas look grey, here they are next to to dyed grey baroque FWP. And the crazy rose overtones are pretty obvious in this shot:

And more comparative shots...
Top to bottom: (i) blue baroque akoya with rose overtones, (ii) PP metallic white FWP, and (iii) gem grade FWP from POJ

Another one:
Top to bottom: (i) PP metallic white FWP, (ii) gem grade FWP from POJ, and (iii) blue baroque akoya with rose overtones

Next...

img_1245.jpg

img_7184.jpg

img_7186.jpg

img_7189.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Since my pearls are all out, thought I'll take one shot of my current collection of white and pastel coloured pearls before moving on to the darker pearls...
Top to bottom: (i) Lavender FWP cheapies from eBay, (ii) PP metallic white FWP, (iii) gem grade FWP from POJ, (iv) blue baroque akoya with rose overtones (from Rakuten), (x) Misaki faux pearls.

Next up are my darker pearls...
Top to bottom: (i) Misaki faux pearls, (ii) Tahitians from PP, (iii) Dyed FWPs (from Thailand, but probably from China anyways),

Vs the pastels:

And how they look on me:

img_7191.jpg

img_7192.jpg

img_1246.jpg

img_7194.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Here are the blue akoya earrings vs the POJ gem grade FWP:

And my little collection again:

That's it. And I do love my new blue akoyas... :love: :D

img_7195.jpg

img_1247.jpg

img_7204.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy jade -- What a wonderful set of pictures to wake up to! Thanks for the various explanations and displays. I do like the blue akoyas A LOT and will ask you for links you recommend in the future.

My favorite pictures are your neck shot with your dark strands -- and the blue akoyas with the metallic baroque. They are a great match, indeed! Beautiful!

Enjoy your collection and thanks for sharing them with us!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1372596293|3474689 said:
icy jade -- What a wonderful set of pictures to wake up to! Thanks for the various explanations and displays. I do like the blue akoyas A LOT and will ask you for links you recommend in the future.

My favorite pictures are your neck shot with your dark strands -- and the blue akoyas with the metallic baroque. They are a great match, indeed! Beautiful!

Enjoy your collection and thanks for sharing them with us!

Yes to all of this! The blue akoyas-just...wow. I love them!

But the dark strands are something else. You have a great collection!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Icy Jade,

What a lovely collection of pearls for you to choose from every morning! :love: Thanks for posting such great photos, too.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You have an amazing collection!!!! Your new blue akoyas are absolutely tdf! I love them with the rose overtones. LOVE LOVE LOVE :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results