shape
carat
color
clarity

My new SS pearl necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
It''s here! And I love it!!!!

It is a strand of white creamy ivory cultured South Sea Pearls from the beautiful blue waters of Australia. The pearls range from 11.5mm to 15.25mm and comes with a 14k white gold and diamond dotted ball clasp. It measures 19" in length - perfect for me.

These pearls have some blemishes but they are not obvious especially when the necklace is on the neck. I couldn''t see the blemishes in the mirror.

Here are shots of the necklace as well as the necklace with my SS pearl dangles. It''s not super matchy with the pearl earrings but I think I can get away with it.

NeckEarrings (600 x 800).jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Oops...that was so obviously not a neck shot.

Here''s the neck shot.

PearlNecklace2 (600 x 800).jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...those shots are huge. Sorry!

Here is a picture of the necklace with the diamond clasp from the seller.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...those shots are huge. Sorry!

Here is a picture of the necklace with the diamond clasp from the seller.

SSPearlNecklace1 (350 x 353).jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
o.k... all I can say is ............
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks cushioncutnut, D&T. I''m hiding it from my DH for now. I wasn''t supposed to buy another necklace and not so soon anyway
3.gif
20.gif
3.gif
but it was such a great deal that I just had to have it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
Wow! And it looks beautiful with your earrings.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous, and you have a great complexion for them. Wear them in health & happiness!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh tres yummy! Lovely choice DD!

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 6:30:27 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Thanks cushioncutnut, D&T. I''m hiding it from my DH for now. I wasn''t supposed to buy another necklace and not so soon anyway
3.gif
20.gif
3.gif

I hear you gal! I do the same thing...but I always seem to get burnt when my DH happens to be home when the postman/UPS/FedEX delivers!
23.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 8:56:00 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

3.gif
20.gif
3.gif

I hear you gal! I do the same thing...but I always seem to get burnt when my DH happens to be home when the postman/UPS/FedEX delivers!
23.gif

Honey...it boils down to timing. I try not to buy anything after Wednesday especially if I know I''ll get it within 2 days...hahaha....

When the postman rings the doorbell and DH is home and sees that it''s a box for me, he''s like a little kid who must know what''s inside! If I go inside the bedroom to open it and savour the surprise by myself, he''ll be like asking why do I need to open it in private
3.gif
boys!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, szh07, Sharon and Glitterata...if only I had somewhere to wear it....at least when I was still working, I''d wear it to the office but it''d be a touch overdressed for the gym or yoga class
9.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, chiquitapet.

Here''s another neck shot a little further away for perspective.

IMG_2488 (300 x 400).jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 9:02:24 PM

3.gif
20.gif
3.gif

23.gif

Honey...it boils down to timing. I try not to buy anything after Wednesday especially if I know I''ll get it within 2 days...hahaha....

When the postman rings the doorbell and DH is home and sees that it''s a box for me, he''s like a little kid who must know what''s inside! If I go inside the bedroom to open it and savour the surprise by myself, he''ll be like asking why do I need to open it in private
3.gif
boys!

I don''t mean to thread jack....but my timing... or should I say his timing never works in my favor. I am waiting to get my flameball pearls that were sent out on Tues. I emailed the saleslady and she told me they were sent UPS ground. If I get them tomorrow... that means that they will come when my husband is home from work. I thought for sure she would send them USPS Priority mail. My husband is not home when USPS delivers............. Oh ...I think I am going to be BUSTED.
6.gif
I guess I can tell him it is another birthday present that I saved him the trouble of picking out.
3.gif
(he hates to shop!) or I can find another way of telling him...........
11.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
WOWZAS!!
now thats a necklace!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh how pretty and I really like the clasp! I think your necklace + earrings look great worn together.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ckrickett, omieluv & Miscka. I''m loving it. Don''t laugh but I decided to wear it around the house today and am wearing it as I type my post. Hopefully, I can come up with a reason for having this necklace to DH and can wear it out to dinner tonight. Maybe I''ll tell him it''s shell
41.gif
3.gif

Cushioncutnut, fingers'' crossed that your DH doesn''t catch you red-handed on this. Can''t wait to see your flameball pearls!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 10:05:36 AM
Thanks, ckrickett, omieluv & Miscka. I''m loving it. Don''t laugh but I decided to wear it around the house today and am wearing it as I type my post. Hopefully, I can come up with a reason for having this necklace to DH and can wear it out to dinner tonight. Maybe I''ll tell him it''s shell
41.gif
3.gif

Cushioncutnut, fingers'' crossed that your DH doesn''t catch you red-handed on this. Can''t wait to see your flameball pearls!

LOL! I can just see you know wearing your pearls! I think that is a great idea telling him they are shell pearls. You think I could get away with that? Sometimes I just use the "oh these ol'' things- I got them at a garage sale"............. My husband has no clue about jewelry so it usually works!!
41.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 10:29:42 AM
Date: 8/14/2009 10:05:36 AM

41.gif
3.gif

LOL! I can just see you know wearing your pearls! I think that is a great idea telling him they are shell pearls. You think I could get away with that? Sometimes I just use the ''oh these ol'' things- I got them at a garage sale''............. My husband has no clue about jewelry so it usually works!!
41.gif

I''m really bad at lying and actually blush at times so I''m not sure if I can get away with it although I might still try the shell story. If we were in Singapore, I could get away by saying it''s something old coz I have lots more jewellery back home but I brought very few pieces to the US so he knows most of my significant pieces. Sigh....the temptations of pearls. I got to stop stalking Elana''s sale page.

I can''t wait to see your new pearls.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

3.gif
20.gif
3.gif

23.gif

3.gif
boys!

Hehe, I have the problem! Except with my dad. He doesn''t mind if I spend on things I ''need'', but he seems to think I don''t ''need'' jewelery, and even $30 on jewelery is a big deal. He especially doesn''t trust the internet as a place to buy jewelery, so...
20.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
first, let me say that those pearls are GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I really like the design of the earrings as well
9.gif

second, you guys are all so funny!!! if he asks I''d probably just tell him straight, "it was either less expensive now, or more expensive later --- so, naturally I went with now
2.gif
logic, pure and simple"

FI and I are pretty good, if either of us comes home with something new, the questions are usually, 1. was it on sale, and 2. are you going to use it/enjoy it? and we never really have problems because we don''t charge anything- if we don''t have the cash we don''t spend, we save for it

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Kasbaby, telling him straight is not going to work when it''s the second strand of SS/tahitian pearls in 2 months. Plus the matching SS pearl dangle jackets, 100 inch FW strand from TPO, pinky gold strand from Pearl Lunar, 100 inch fun lavendar strand from ebay, Malaya garnet diamond halo ring and 1 ctw moissanitea earrings (never bought moissanite before and it was an interesting experiment).....all this in 3 months. I''m so in trouble.....
3.gif
DH is actually not aware of my new white pearl necklace or the moissy earrings
11.gif

I bet cushioncutnut is probably in a similar position
12.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 1:55:56 PM
Author: szh07

3.gif
20.gif
3.gif

23.gif

3.gif
boys!

Hehe, I have the problem! Except with my dad. He doesn''t mind if I spend on things I ''need'', but he seems to think I don''t ''need'' jewelery, and even $30 on jewelery is a big deal. He especially doesn''t trust the internet as a place to buy jewelery, so...
20.gif

szh07, my dad was way more indulgent and patient with my shopping than DH
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 3:01:09 PM
Kasbaby, telling him straight is not going to work when it''s the second strand of SS/tahitian pearls in 2 months. Plus the matching SS pearl dangle jackets, 100 inch FW strand from TPO, pinky gold strand from Pearl Lunar, 100 inch fun lavendar strand from ebay, Malaya garnet diamond halo ring and 1 ctw moissanitea earrings (never bought moissanite before and it was an interesting experiment).....all this in 3 months. I''m so in trouble.....
3.gif
DH is actually not aware of my new white pearl necklace or the moissy earrings
11.gif

I bet cushioncutnut is probably in a similar position
12.gif

YOU KNOW IT!!! We have to tell our DH these things all in good timing... (and a little womanly manipulation couldn''t hurt either!)
9.gif
11.gif

and girl you have been busy since you have been to the states. I forgot that you were going to move here! I hope you are enjoying it so far...but I bet you miss family and the jewels!! You always had such an amazing collection and now even more amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to find the other threads that have your newer purchases..............
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Cushioncutnut, we are so bad aren''t we?!?
17.gif
12.gif
17.gif

I''m really enjoying the online shopping here in the US. Can you believe that all my new goodies were bought online? I''ve not been to a single B&M here since I''ve only seen the likes of Zales.

I do miss my family, friends and collection (most of which is back home)....but thank goodness for my PS and BTD community or I''d be so bored at home.

Also, I miss the opportunity to dress up for work i.e. the clothes, heels and bling bling bling....hahaha....I sound so shallow! Here I''m in my gym gear most of the time since I''m either home or at the gym with DH. On the plus side, I''m happier (no work stress), toner (all that yoga/elliptical is helping) and healthier (I cook most of our meals and I even do housework!)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results