shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Double Strand

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
When I was selecting my white Freshadama strand PP sent me a few to chose from and I actually fell in love with two. I ended up selecting the rose overtone larger (9-9.5mm) strand https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/freshadama-vs-aaa-metallic.196420/ but I couldn't stop thinking about the 8-9mm almost metallic strand (it just missed the mark for being considered metallic). For days I obsessed over it after I sent it back to PP. Finally I gave in and contacted Hisano to have her set it aside and asked her to please see if she could find a 7-8mm strand to match with it to make into a double strand.

PP glamor shot
screen_shot_2014-01-07_at_8_2.png

She was able to find a AAA metallic strand that was very round and matched beautifully. I selected a 14k white gold with tiny diamonds clasp to pair with it, to make it a little more special. At one point I thought that maybe I should do another 8-9mm strand with it instead of the smaller strand, but Hisano convinced me that it would have a more casual and playful vibe if I kept with the original design. I am so happy that I listened to her and I absolutely LOVE my new double strand :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

Here it is 16" and 17" nested. The luster and colors on these strands are magnificent! It came out very creamy in this picture, but IRL it is white.

PP glamor shot
02-21-14a.jpg

Close up of clasp
clasp_square.jpg

Mod shots to follow...

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, someone get me my smelling salts! (said with a cute Southern drawl) "I think I'm having a fit of my vapors"!!! I think your double strand is better than gorgeous and I love that you used two different mm size pearls! I will make sure I'm sitting down when you post neck shots!

ETA - And that clasp is so elegant!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I was so excited when it was delivered that I had to try it on right away...in my very casual clothes :lol:
sweatshirt_double.jpg
tshirt_double.jpg

Dressed nicer :roll:
black_silk_double.jpg

Just for fun...worn as a triple with my 18" Freshadama strand
freshies_tripled.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
This photo does not show it well, but the strands are a very close match to my 8.6mm natural white hanadama studs from PP. They look stunning worn together! I would like to get some round dangles to pair with it too. I have the beautiful metallic drop dangles shown with my Freshadama strand, so I might go akoya for the round dangles for something a little different.

doubles_strand_with_akoyas_0.jpg

These white pearls are just so hard to photograph! Sorry for the low quality photos, but you can get an idea of how close in color they are.

boxes_double.jpg

box_double.jpg

On a white background (my PP microfiber cloth)...the sun is so bright they are coming across as very creamy in my light box.

double_on_white.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful and so timeless. You will wear that beauty many decades. Well done :appl: :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful Litgeek. It looks great on the neck every shot you took. Congrats. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The photo right above your triple is breathtaking! What luster! I want to climb in the photo and be with your necklace...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your new pearls, they are lovely!

DK :))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful strands, LitGeek. Love the two sizes of pearls. I think that I'm a fan of the old-fashioned graduated strand, but this is a cool variation. And, such beautiful pearls. That piece must be a pleasure to wear. :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
So classic and elegent, perfection :appl: :appl: :appl: The clasp is a good choice too. You collection is growing in a very good way :mrgreen:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1394050716|3628120 said:
Beautiful, beautiful and so timeless. You will wear that beauty many decades. Well done :appl: :appl:
Thanks Confection!

baby monster|1394056217|3628188 said:
Such a classic look. Lovely :appl:
Thank you baby monster! I do love a classic look :geek:

NacreLover|1394057623|3628209 said:
Just beautiful Litgeek. It looks great on the neck every shot you took. Congrats. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
THank you so much NL :wavey: I think the pearls are much happier being worn which is why they photograph so much better on. I am giving up trying to capture their beauty on their own :lol:

Harpertoo|1394057780|3628212 said:
those are truly gorgeous!
Why thank you Harpertoo!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek - Oh you had to go triple on us too! You couldn't do better if you had it made that way!!! And I think your natural white earrings are perfect with them. How are you going to decide what to wear everyday?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1394062014|3628256 said:
The photo right above your triple is breathtaking! What luster! I want to climb in the photo and be with your necklace...
You crack me up bsomlo :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you :wavey: That is my new black silk blouse from Everlane that I ordered just to wear with these pearls :geek: There is just something about the combination of pearls and silk that is so luxurious feeling!

dk168|1394065785|3628294 said:
Enjoy your new pearls, they are lovely!

DK :))
Thanks DK!

Fly Girl|1394075367|3628406 said:
Beautiful strands, LitGeek. Love the two sizes of pearls. I think that I'm a fan of the old-fashioned graduated strand, but this is a cool variation. And, such beautiful pearls. That piece must be a pleasure to wear. :wavey:
Thank you Fly GIrl :wavey: That was the look Hisano and I were going for...a twist on a classic :geek: And it feels absolutely sumptuous on, it is actually quite comfortable to wear!

4Ranch Girl|1394078702|3628431 said:
So classic and elegent, perfection :appl: :appl: :appl: The clasp is a good choice too. You collection is growing in a very good way :mrgreen:
Thanks so much 4RG :wavey: This is my first special clasp and I have to say I love having that little extra detail :twirl: And I have two very sweet pearl mentors to thank for my growing collection :wink2:

pkinnew|1394109927|3628569 said:
LitGeek - Oh you had to go triple on us too! You couldn't do better if you had it made that way!!! And I think your natural white earrings are perfect with them. How are you going to decide what to wear everyday?
Thank you pkinnew :wavey: I think it is so much fun to mix and match pearl types. Haha, before joining this forum I would have never even thought to do it :geek:

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous selection! I love the added touch of class with the clasp. :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LitGeek, it's such a treat to see your pearls! I love this latest purchase-- it looks gorgeous on you :love: :appl: !

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Amour_Et_Diamants|1394399697|3630619 said:
Gorgeous selection! I love the added touch of class with the clasp. :appl:
Thank you! I do love that little clasp :geek:

baby nurse|1394402157|3630630 said:
LitGeek, it's such a treat to see your pearls! I love this latest purchase-- it looks gorgeous on you :love: :appl: !
Thank so much!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
That's such a lovely piece! You make me so jealous with all your pretty white pearls.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Love the combination of the two pearl sizes. The double is such a classic look! Very Jackie O!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
SMC|1394558269|3631786 said:
That's such a lovely piece! You make me so jealous with all your pretty white pearls.

Thank you :wavey: There is just something really alluring to me about white pearls, haha, I know I am probably in the minority here!

I hope to see photos of your new PoJ studs in the what are you wearing thread soon! They are going to be gorgeous with your Tahitians and your freshadamas!

misskittycat|1394608122|3632327 said:
Love the combination of the two pearl sizes. The double is such a classic look! Very Jackie O!

Thanks :wavey: Jackie O's necklace was my inspiration for this necklace :geek: I ended up wearing it again yesterday with a soft pink collared button down (instead of the white) and my grey cashmere sweater...the pink made the white pearls really pop.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gosh I like those pearls! What a good idea to take such a classic idea and tweak it like that. Well done :appl:

And with that third strand ... outstanding ! Making me feel like ordering some pearls ... :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results