shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My little h geode souffles:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1410863772|3751729 said:
I have a question- are the sapphires faceted? And do they sparkle or does the resin actually cover the sapphires and they have more of a "gleam"?

That's an excellent question! I'll have to check it out today and I'll get back to you.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
They are so sweet, I love the texture the sapphires gives rough but delicate. I may have missed some posts above, but could you slip off the earring and wear as a pendant on a small chain?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1410876564|3751814 said:
They are so sweet, I love the texture the sapphires gives rough but delicate. I may have missed some posts above, but could you slip off the earring and wear as a pendant on a small chain?

Yes! The souffles are totally removable from the hoop (and the hoops are totally usable plain or to hang other pearls on!).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410874102|3751785 said:
I have a question- are the sapphires faceted? And do they sparkle or does the resin actually cover the sapphires and they have more of a "gleam"?

That's an excellent question! I'll have to check it out today and I'll get back to you.

Okay, so I just went and looked at them in the bathroom. I am pleased and relieved to report that they totally sparkle as I walk around them and as I move them in my hand. I don't know anything about gems, so you'd have to ask Hisano if they are faceted. Light does bounce off the surface textures. They are indeed set in a shallow "pool" of clear resin but sparkle through it. I just can't capture the sparkling with my cell phone -- just like I can't catch the sparkle of diamonds, either. Here are a few more shots:

close-up_13.jpg

close-up_14.jpg

close-up_15.jpg

close-up_16.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
THEY.ARE.DELICIOUS :love: like exotic frosted fruits :lickout:. Ear shots, please...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, calm down, Confection!

I paired the earrings with my white metallic and citrine neclace so the oranges could play off each other:

I don't know why I bothered to "giraffe it" to hide my face -- you all know what I look and sound like now!

Overview:

with_citrine_white_metallic_necklace.jpg

ear_shot_13.jpg

ear_shot_14.jpg

overview.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
As expected, they look lovely on you. The colors works so well with your skin and dark curls. I really like them with that necklace -- you might even consider slipping one of the earrings on an enhancer hoop to wear with that necklace.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: These are now my HG earrings!!! They look absolutely fabulous on you and with that strand!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am going to start saving...

Congrats and enjoy!!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo, there are no words for just how pretty these delightful earrings look on you! Perfect colors for you, and I agree; they look fabulous with that necklace!!! Kay's right about one pendant as an enhancer on that necklace ... you need a 3rd "earring" ... if you have to spllt another souffle let me know, I'll take the other half LOL ... Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, I never would have thought of that! I don't have any enhancers but I may slip the hoop onto the necklace and play around!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, everyone. I really like the pop of color and I'm so glad Hisano recommended the hoop.

Unfortunately, pictures absolutely don't do these earrings justice...

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
OH. MY. GOODNESS. those are AMAZING!!! so perfect, so perfect with the citrine/pearl necklace, so perfect on you! Good job, Hisano and Bsomlo!

(ps if you have any clasping earwire earrings like this http://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/h209319fy you can use one of those as an enhancer quite readily, if you don't happen to own one already)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I can't help myself -- here's a full-facial with my Fire Goddess:

for_hisano_2.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410877920|3751838 said:
bsomlo|1410874102|3751785 said:

Okay, so I just went and looked at them in the bathroom. I am pleased and relieved to report that they totally sparkle as I walk around them and as I move them in my hand. I don't know anything about gems, so you'd have to ask Hisano if they are faceted. Light does bounce off the surface textures. They are indeed set in a shallow "pool" of clear resin but sparkle through it. I just can't capture the sparkling with my cell phone -- just like I can't catch the sparkle of diamonds, either. Here are a few more shots:

thanks for checking =) they really are lovely and look spectacular on you. The small hoops are the perfect complimentary size to them and what a great idea to get an enhancer so that you can wear one of them as a pendant,too.

eta- Great photo!!!!! It really helps to put them in perspective. Your dark curls are the perfect backdrop- well done!!!!!!! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410910969|3752198 said:
Proving once again that pearls, and jewels, look best when being worn by a lovely woman. :))

Those are both so gorgeous on you. :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for capturing the sparkle! If those pictures don't do them justice they must be amazing irl!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
:dance: :dance: :clap: You look amazing with Your precious pearls...my honest opinion is that those earrings will steal attention from other pearls...maybe You should have frosted fruit pendant too :naughty: ....

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the fire goddess. She reminds me of something moving through the cosmos...

The earrings/necklace combo are fantastic! Love how the earrings look with your skin and hair (they just pop). :appl:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1410886300|3751931 said:
I paired the earrings with my white metallic and citrine neclace so the oranges could play off each other:

I like seeing faces with pearls, my favorite; metallics and citrine strand together with the soufflés.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

It's so lovely to see you wearing your magnificent pearls. The new earrings suit you so well.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Little H geode souffle earrings are so fabulous, they're Jewel of the Week-- congratulations, bsomlo :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Get out of here!!! Let me go confirm this!

2 minutes later: Just checked and it's true! I'm so honored! I happen to be wearing them this very moment -- I wore them to a birthday celebration and a man commented that he liked my earrings!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

You're adorable and those earrings are stunning

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Jumping up and down, shrieking and clapping here Bsomlo !!! Hubby sends Congratulations too ... Jewel of the Week ... so well deserved :)))))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you and Hisano for the Jewel of the Week honors. Certainly a well deserved tribute. :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1411179575|3754127 said:
Jumping up and down, shrieking and clapping here Bsomlo !!! Hubby sends Congratulations too ... Jewel of the Week ... so well deserved :)))))

CRD -- you are too sweet. Thank your hubby. I did drag mine to the monitor to see, too!

Fly_Girl -- thanks! I do feel honored and emailed Jeremy and Hisano immediately!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
I'm sure Hisano and Jeremy will be thrilled too :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! Congrats to Bsomlo and Hisano for the well-deserved honor for those stunning earrings. :clap: :dance:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats b! Those beauties definitely deserve jewel of the week! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Congrats Bsomlo... They look beautiful on you! :appl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Well done again, bsomlo. Congratulations :dance: :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results