shape
carat
color
clarity

My last splurge before going on pearl-buying hiatus!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, this is what I'm intending to do.

_16835.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Really beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects unfold!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
you have great materials to work with. Can't wait to see the end products!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1397103471|3650984 said:
Flygirl, this is what I'm intending to do.
Those look like they will be very pretty! :cheeky: :))

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here's my first project (while I wait for other pearls to arrive or be set :)):

Inspired by pkinnew (on a more modest scale), a GSS pendant with a diamond inset.

Had fun taking pics this morning, but two of the diamonds don't come out looking so good. I'm deciding between the two yellows. To my eye, in person, I liked the look of the lighter one, but in the pics it looks like the intense one is a better cut. The pink was a total pain to photograph (shows up darker in photo than in person), and since that pic was just for fun, I gave up.

Let me know what you think!

gss_w_intense_yellow.png

gss_w_lighter_yellow.png

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the pink!

gss_w_pink.png

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
The white looked terrible on the pearl, and I just couldn't get a decent pic. It's a nice stone when not sitting in a hole on a pearl!

gss_w_white.png

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
The lighter one looks a little green to me so based on the pix I go for the darker one. Beautiful pendant, though!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! that's what my jeweler and I decided too! The darker one it is!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1398786081|3662714 said:
Ok, here's my first project (while I wait for other pearls to arrive or be set :)):

Inspired by pkinnew (on a more modest scale), a GSS pendant with a diamond inset.

Had fun taking pics this morning, but two of the diamonds don't come out looking so good. I'm deciding between the two yellows. To my eye, in person, I liked the look of the lighter one, but in the pics it looks like the intense one is a better cut. The pink was a total pain to photograph (shows up darker in photo than in person), and since that pic was just for fun, I gave up.

Let me know what you think!

very pretty!! I like the intense yellow diamond. Did pkinnew get a diamond studded pearl, too?? I want to see it- is there a thread on it that I missed? I just LOVE my set!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel - I don't have one (yet!)!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I guess I got confused when Periwinkle girl said her pearl was inspired by your piece- I thought I must have missed it somewhere.

Well, I'll look forward to seeing one from you,too!! =)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Your first shot looks best to me. Lovely :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1398862711|3663491 said:
very pretty!! I like the intense yellow diamond. Did pkinnew get a diamond studded pearl, too?? I want to see it- is there a thread on it that I missed? I just LOVE my set!!!

Thanks pinkjewel! Of course I meant your beautiful fireball! SO sorry to get mixed up like that!
Not that pkinnew wouldn't want one too!

Looking forward to getting this! I will post neck shots when I do.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel,
My jeweler's comment when I brought her this project was immediately, "You know your GSS drops? We should do this with those too!"

So I have that on the back burner for when I acquire some more little yellow fcds!

You bracelet inspires me too! Diamonds and pearls together, the best of both worlds!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results