shape
carat
color
clarity

My first order from PearlParadise!!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As I have read few days ago, that the 9.5-10 mm silver blue baroque akoya strand is once more available, I immediately contacted PearlsParadise. Hisano was very nice, and answered my question very quickly! I was hesitating between the 8.5-9 mm strand, which seems to be more blue and round, and the 9.5-10 mm strand, which seemed more silver. I asked Hisano to send me a comparison pictures.

Here is the picture:

At first I thought....this makes my decision even harder. Both strands are beautiful in their own way. After debating for a few minutes, I decided to go for size this time, and maybe next time go for more blue color.

As the strand is 18 inch, I asked Hisano to take 2 pearls from the strand, and make earrings for me, and take and additonal pearl, which seems to have a big flaw in the nacre. This pearl is marked in the picture. I knew, I could only choose dangling earrings, but that was no problem, because I was eying the blossom setting for a long time.

I hope, I get a glamour shot, before Hisano sends me my strand. I am already really curious, and happy, because I am sure, I won't regret my decision!

blue-baroque-closeup_with_my_notice.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
dkata -
Congrats on your purchase! I think you made some lovely choices, and how great to have matching earrings! How long will the shortened strand be?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
blingbunny 10 - I asked for 16 inch, and Hisano wrote me, she should remove 4-5 pearls for this length.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
What happens to rejected, flawed pearls? Shall I open my home to these strays?

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
After ruminating for several days, I also bought one of the blue baroque Akoya strands (transiently thought it was again out of stock and the heartbreak I felt suggested I ought to just go for it!) but definitely didn't have the AMAZING forethought to try and have a pair of earrings made! Now, of course -- before even seeing the necklace -- I'm obsessing over what to do about earrings. :think:

So, if the two or 3 extra that Hisano removes to make your necklace 16" & don't make it into your earrings need a home, think about listing them on LT/DB before they get too sad and lonely over their rejection!! :Up_to_something:

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
They really are a lovely lot of pearls! I think you are going to be very happy!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear Evergreen,
to tell the truth, I did not even thought about the 2-3 pcs. pearls, that are left over after shortening the necklace, and making the earrings. I don' t even know, if Hisano is going to send them to me, or not. But it is good idea, maybe I ask her. I just don't want to be too outrageous.
Does somebody have experience, if they send also the pearls, which are left after shortening a necklace? I would be very happy, if someone could help me!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Did you pay the price of the full 18"? It seems that they would either lower the price to that of a 16" strand or change full price but send the extra pearls.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
blingbunny 10 - yes, I paid the Price for the 18 inch strand, but it was already in sale. And they have to restring it for me....therefor I don't want to be outrageous. Do you think, it would be normal, to ask for the rest of the pearls? What do others think?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
dkata|1429727183|3865965 said:
blingbunny 10 - yes, I paid the Price for the 18 inch strand, but it was already in sale. And they have to restring it for me....therefor I don't want to be outrageous. Do you think, it would be normal, to ask for the rest of the pearls? What do others think?
I generally ask for the extra pearls when I have paid for them, so that there is no confusion as to my preference.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your first purchase! They will be beautiful! :appl:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
dkata - you might as well ask, the worst she can do is say no! :) I'm sure if she feels it's important for her to keep those extra pearls in compensation for restringing the necklace, she will say so.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
dkata, I would have assumed they send the extra pearls to you by default, but I have no experience with this. You should definitely ask for them so you can use them for earrings :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
dkata|1429724433|3865943 said:
Dear Evergreen,
to tell the truth, I did not even thought about the 2-3 pcs. pearls, that are left over after shortening the necklace, and making the earrings. I don' t even know, if Hisano is going to send them to me, or not. But it is good idea, maybe I ask her. I just don't want to be too outrageous.
Does somebody have experience, if they send also the pearls, which are left after shortening a necklace? I would be very happy, if someone could help me!

My experience with any reputable jeweler is that they return whatever they didn't use. I had a ring converted into a pendant and the goldsmith returned the shank to me, for example. I'd be surprised if PP didn't give you the extra pearls.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear All,
I just wanted to post, that Hisano is going to send the left over pearls also to me! So now is the question, what to do with them, as I am already going to receive earrings. I am considering something DIY. Does someone have an idea?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dkata|1429783285|3866304 said:
Dear All,
I just wanted to post, that Hisano is going to send the left over pearls also to me! So now is the question, what to do with them, as I am already going to receive earrings. I am considering something DIY. Does someone have an idea?

Make another pair of earrings from them and give it to your mom for mother's day or for another occasion? They would be a lovely gift.

Cannot wait to see your lovely new pearls!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful idea missy!

You could also make a pendant for when you're in the mood for something simpler!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very good idea, but the problem is, that the pearls won't arrive before Mothers Day, because in my country we celebrate it alredy next weekend! On the other hand my mom is not quite a jewelry person, I already surprized her with a few things, and they are just sitting in their boxes.

I was thinking more maybe on a strand with black spinels, so maybe I would by some more loose pearls on eBay, or maybe a pearl enhancer. I just never tried it before, I have to look what I need.

Something like that:

I just don't know, where I could by the findings for it!

img57185602.jpg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just by the way, what is your opinion about this strand:

It is 120 cm long (i.e. at about 47 Inch), and 7-7.5 mm. The Price seems very good, only about 140 € (at about 148 USD).

120_cm_strand.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
dkata said:

It is 120 cm long (i.e. at about 47 Inch), and 7-7.5 mm. The Price seems very good, only about 140 € (at about 148 USD).

Congratulations for your first PP strand. I am sure you will be very pleased.

As to this strand - get it!!! For that price, it beats all the fashion jewelry that may bear similar price tag, and you can wear it so many ways.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a litte bit of an update: my necklace and the earrings were sent yesterday. Unfortunately there was some confusion, but Hisano solved everything to my satisfaction!
As soon as I get them, I'm going to post some pictures.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I adore BBa! I can;t wait to see pics

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
dkata|1429789241|3866338 said:

I think i know where this rope is from ;-) I was eyeing it too. If you buy it will you let me know what you think of it? Thanks!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Bailey1856|1430275146|3869429 said:
dkata|1429789241|3866338 said:

I think i know where this rope is from ;-) I was eyeing it too. If you buy it will you let me know what you think of it? Thanks!

I'd like to know ... also, I love that triple drop pendant. Are they from the same (mystery) store?

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
dkata, did your blue Akoya strand arrive yet? After seeing baby_nurse's deeper blue set (compared with my light blue/silver set), I'm curious to see what yours look like!

And, did you get that long rope you also posted about? Dying of curiosity & hoping for big juicy photos. :bigsmile:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Evergreen, thank you for your inquiry! Unfortunately I still haven't got the strand! It is at the customs since 07th May, and I hope, I see an update on Monday morning. I can't wait to get it!
Regarding the other strand, I haven't ordered. At first, I would like to see, how I like this strand. To see something on pictures and real life is very different.
But I promise, as soon as I get the strand, I post pictures.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well I missed this thread..what lovely pearls ! I do like the Blue Akoya strands and have been tempted..the more strands that I see the more interested I become ! Yours looks beautiful.. and that rope is great. I would definitely snap that up for that price. Hopefully the nacre isn't too thin .. that's quite a low price..a real bargain. Which site are these from ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results