shape
carat
color
clarity

movie pearl alert

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie: The Hundred-Foot Journey
sighting: Helen Mirren wearing incredible pearls.
one was a dark silvery double strand almost looked like huge keshis choker.
another was a huge linked silver chain with huge soufflé type pearls ala tin cup style but big and chunky...I mean BIG and CHUNKY.
movie was "cute" and predictable but as always Dame Helen was elegant and wore her all her jewelry but especially those pearls with absolute confidence.
this is an over 60 adult rom-com film based on a novel.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing these! It's funny how we watch TV & movies, always trying to catch a glimpse of pearls! She wears them so well.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that too! I have been watching MadMen on Netflix with DH and now have HIM pointing out the pearls on people. (although...he has also suggested that perhaps I stop looking at and posting so much on this forum as it seems to be making me more, rather than less, obsessed).

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I recently watched two old favorite movies - Steel Magnolias and Silence of the Lambs (not too different, huh???). There were LOTS of pearls in Steel Magnolias because, of course, that's what southern women wear! And in Silence of the Lambs Clarice (Jodie Foster) wore small, beautiful pearl studs throughout the movie that I think are Akoyas. Just trying to improve my "pearl-dar"!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the links, Mozo! I never thought I would like a tin cup with giant keshi, but it looks great! :clap:

I love how classy a woman looks in pearls. I think they're jewelry that enhances a woman, whereas other jewelry is simply worn.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results