shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother's Day Sale 2015 - PICS!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Please share your Mother's Day Sale goodies here! (I thought I would start a new thread, so folks don't have to tab through so many pages.)

1. My 11-12mm studs POJ "candy colored" studs just arrived! I'm actually on the fence about these, so please share your thoughts + whether you think these are potential "keeps." The weather/light is so awful that I think I will wait a few days to see how I feel. I'll have to get used to the size, too -- These studs are ENORMOUS.

(Pair #5)

2. Still waiting on my PP multicolored ripples (being shortened). Will post when they arrive.

bathroom_dim_sunlight.png

_599.png

ear_shot.png

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
They look pretty, but I thought they would have darker overtones.

The only one that looks darker is #4. If someone here bought #4, could you tell us how they look in person?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I was expecting much darker. Looking at the POJ pic, it looks more like Pair #8 in color + tone.
I know a couple of posters bought these lighter pairs, so hopefully we can compare. Someone did buy #4, too - hopefully she will post here.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I thought they would be darker too. They look beautiful on you though.
I got #20, it will be a while before i get them.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think they're beautiful and you should keep them. (Or, send them to me.) :naughty:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the luster and size are beautiful, but like all freshwater pearls, the colours are much more pastel irl than in the pictures. If you love them, keep them. If not, they might suit someone else better (some people really love and suit pastel colours).

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
So, I have learned that the glamour shots provided by the sellers are amazing; but, they almost always appear much darker in color than they do in most real life lighting. I kind of try to prepare myself for that mentally now when I get new pearls. I think they are a really lovely color even if they are not super dark. I can't pull off studs of that size. :(( If you like how they look on your ears, I say keep them. Wear them for a few days and see if they grown on you. That happens to me all the time.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I'm still iffy on the colors, but they might look better on me in the summer when I'm darker. I think I need larger earring backs for these, too. Anybody know the best backs to use with these WG posts to prevent drooping and make for a secure fit? They came with regular push backs as well as these huge plastic ones that don't fit behind my ear:

Anybody else have their sale goodies arrive yet? :naughty: Please share!

plastic.png

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I just received and returned #14, 11-12 mm candy color, bunnybling you might check them out if you are looking for a darker pair. A darling rounded shape, big, purple/red-pink/blue oil slick. Not my color.

img_7709.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me - Those are pretty. Are they mostly pink/light purple? I still can't believe how much lighter both our pairs are! I went back and looked at the POJ listing, and wouldn't have been able to match your pic to POJ's, either.

I knew the intensity of colors would be lower irl, but thought at least the overall tone would be similar to the POJ pic. I was almost convinced they mistakenly sent me #6 instead of #5.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me|1430181138|3868711 said:
I just received and returned #14, 11-12 mm candy color

Wow. Maybe I should send Kevin an email in case the pair I wanted are returned! :o

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blingbunny (love that name), they're definitely much lighter than the picture but they're gorgeous. As others have said, live with the awhile and see how you feel. I'd be inclined to keep them but I'm a huge fan of pastels.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Blingbunny, those are really striking on you, and the luster is mesmerizing! As others have said it's always good to wait a few days before making a decision, also wear them under different light, outfits, etc.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
May I meekly submit that the purpose of an earring is to bring attention to your face? Do they do that? It's not "look at my earring," it's "look at my eyes". :angel:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Frost Me|1430181138|3868711 said:
I just received and returned #14, 11-12 mm candy color, bunnybling you might check them out if you are looking for a darker pair. A darling rounded shape, big, purple/red-pink/blue oil slick. Not my color.

img_7709.jpg

hmm :think: , i got #20 which is similar to #14, now i'm really curious as to how they would look IRL.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@BlingBunny, I think those earrings are luscious!

After wearing my two new pairs and checking them in different lights, up against different fabrics, and from different sides, I am stunned by how much the color varies. And then the photos I took didn't really show the pearls the way they appeared in person, either. I took lots of photos trying to capture it, but nope.

As I mentioned on another thread, I got #4 in the smaller batch (11-12). In the POJ photo, they appear vivid blue/purple. In the box they looked a little muddy, purplish. My husband said he did see that vivid blue/purple at one point in the car. I've seen them turn silver, berry purple, dullish gray with some purply brown, and also very vivid bright true purple, then very vivid red violet like they were on fire. I would definitely give these pearls a chance. I just love that changeability, you can never get bored with them!

emchhardy

Rough_Rock
I boxed up and am returning #12. I think they're pretty but they're just too big and heavy on my ears. I forgot to take a picture before I boxed them up. Sorry guys. If anyone liked this pair, inquire with POJ in a few working days. They should be in CA by Thursday according to my tracking.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1430237305|3869031 said:
@BlingBunny, I think those earrings are luscious!

After wearing my two new pairs and checking them in different lights, up against different fabrics, and from different sides, I am stunned by how much the color varies. And then the photos I took didn't really show the pearls the way they appeared in person, either. I took lots of photos trying to capture it, but nope.

As I mentioned on another thread, I got #4 in the smaller batch (11-12). In the POJ photo, they appear vivid blue/purple. In the box they looked a little muddy, purplish. My husband said he did see that vivid blue/purple at one point in the car. I've seen them turn silver, berry purple, dullish gray with some purply brown, and also very vivid bright true purple, then very vivid red violet like they were on fire. I would definitely give these pearls a chance. I just love that changeability, you can never get bored with them!

I love #4 on you, seaurchin! Do you have a favorite -- the smaller or larger pair? I agree with you on the changeability - I have been wearing mine out today and find they look really different from the impression I had yesterday afternoon.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
emchhardy|1430237949|3869034 said:
I boxed up and am returning #12. I think they're pretty but they're just too big and heavy on my ears. I forgot to take a picture before I boxed them up. Sorry guys. If anyone liked this pair, inquire with POJ in a few working days. They should be in CA by Thursday according to my tracking.

Ooh I was originally eyeing #12. How did you find the color matched up to your expectations from the POJ picture?

Also re: size -- did you try them with the included jumbo plastic disk backs? I gave the plastic backs a shot, and was surprised to find that the studs looked much flatter on the ear and in proportion with my ear/face. They also feel really light with the larger backs!

emchhardy

Rough_Rock
blingbunny - I found them to be ever changing in color - I don't know how to describe it really - they seem to change - lighten or darken - depending on the light. I thought they were pretty - just seemed too huge against my ears - too big for my comfort level I guess - I think that mm in size is just too overwhelming for me.
They were lighter than they appear on-line but the colors are there - meaning you see things like greens, coppers, purples, etc. - I didn't find them dramatically different from the picture - just lighter overall I guess.
I really should have taken some photos before I sent them off. That was my mistake.
I didn't spend too much time with them - just tried them on real quick, boxed them up, and shipped them off.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@BlingBunny- I love both of mine! I don't notice that much size difference but I'm glad I got both a lighter pair and a darker pair. I think I'll get lots of wear out of them.

P.S. I think your earrings look exactly like pair #6. I wondered if there was a mix up. In any case, I think they are lovely!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I got #8 and they arrived today.

They look nothing like the POJ picture, which is okay with me. But I am bothered that one pearl is significantly shinier then the other, and it has a band/circle running through the middle. From side view, the two pearls are different in size. But that's not obvious when worn of course. I am still on the fence.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1430240618|3869070 said:
@BlingBunny- I love both of mine! I don't notice that much size difference but I'm glad I got both a lighter pair and a darker pair. I think I'll get lots of wear out of them.

P.S. I think your earrings look exactly like pair #6. I wondered if there was a mix up. In any case, I think they are lovely!

I was wondering this myself! But I feel really silly asking POJ about it based on my little (re: zero!) experience with ripples.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1430247963|3869131 said:
seaurchin|1430240618|3869070 said:

I was wondering this myself! But I feel really silly asking POJ about it based on my little (re: zero!) experience with ripples.
Mix-ups happen. PP shipped wrong pair of earrings to me once.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one distracted by yingh's diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results