color
clarity

Mother's Day Sale 2015 - PICS!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yingh|1430493552|3870550 said:
arkieb1|1430448707|3870387 said:
Out of curiosity are they the bluest you have seen or found?

I don't have any other blue pearls so I have nothing to compare to, and I have not seen many blues either. Some pearls I have seen/bought have a hint of blue, but that's a different story. Yes I think the POJ tin cup is really blue, and I like them a lot! Definitely a keeper.

I did not make it clear in my earlier post - I was not complaining about the pearl quality, they are very pretty, I was merely confused by how they are graded.

Yes me too!!!! If someone wants to explain the grading in detail that would be great!!!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Not to interrupt the grading discussion, which I'm also really interested to hear, but:

My PP multicolored ripples came! These are from the same batch as ckrickett's, but I requested a darker 16.5" strand.

multiripples.jpg

multirippleshand.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those are wonderful...blingbunny

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous on their own and more gorgeous on you !

I didn't know you can ask for darker colours...now i know.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Bailey1856|1430498152|3870603 said:

You know, I don't know if these are actually darker, but I requested dark with minimal peach. Looking at the pics, it does seem ckrickett's is more peach, while mine is maybe more pink/lavender? Maybe it's in my imagination! Oh well, I am happy with what I received. ::)

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Okay the last POJ item arrived. They are the 12-13mm drops. Pearls #1 from vendor picture.

Again they are quite different than the vendor pictures, but very pretty colors. Surface has more ripples than the studs.

Unfortunately they don't go well with my skin tone so they are going back. Get in touch with Kevin if you want them!

_29783.jpg

_29785.jpg

_29786.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
yingh - Thanks for posting pics. Sorry they didn't work for you, but they are so pretty. Love the pink and green/blue. Somebody snap these up!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
blingbunny10|1430500143|3870621 said:
yingh - Thanks for posting pics. Sorry they didn't work for you, but they are so pretty. Love the pink and green/blue. Somebody snap these up!

First let me say that your ripples are amazing! Love the colors on you.

Yes the drops have fabulous colors. They look delicious on my hand, but once I tried them on ears they kind of disappeared. Trust me, it was not an easy decision to give them up.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1430496625|3870591 said:
Not to interrupt the grading discussion, which I'm also really interested to hear, but:

My PP multicolored ripples came! These are from the same batch as ckrickett's, but I requested a darker 16.5" strand.

They look beautiful blingbunny!

did you have earring made with the extra pearls

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all!
ckrickett - No on the earrings, I just added the two pearls to my play pile :)) - could be used as accent pearls for a strand or bracelet. I keep coming up with stringing projects, but have been too lazy to complete any lately.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Ckrickett ,Blingbunny the multi coloured ripples look incredible on both of you! I am really tempted to get a strand, if any are left.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1430502333|3870647 said:
Ckrickett ,Blingbunny the multi coloured ripples look incredible on both of you! I am really tempted to get a strand, if any are left.

Looks like there are multicolored strands left, the peach one sold out.

it's a steal for the price!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
You know you want to, Lovinggems!! Really though, they turned out better than I had expected. And a good price. Go for it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I took some photos of the ripples in my little light box

fullsizerender_1_21.jpg

fullsizerender_63.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They are divine! Thanks for the extra photos ckrickett! Blingbunny not sure if I should, I feel I'm like a really annoying customer at the moment with my combined shipping, shortening and earrings requests. :-o

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, love these new shots. So pretty!

Lovinggems - No way, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who had Chenai pulling her hair out in annoyance the past couple weeks. The best defense I can give is that I do ask a lot of questions but haven't actually returned anything to PP, so maybe it's all worth it in the end, I hope! :lol:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1430504093|3870689 said:

Lovinggems - No way, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who had Chenai pulling her hair out in annoyance the past couple weeks. The best defense I can give is that I do ask a lot of questions but haven't actually returned anything to PP, so maybe it's all worth it in the end, I hope! :lol:

:love: these pearls are calling my name :love:
Blingbunny I will decide tomorrow morning, give myself a cooling off period.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1430505035|3870707 said:
blingbunny10|1430504093|3870689 said:

:love: these pearls are calling my name :love:
Blingbunny I will decide tomorrow morning, give myself a cooling off period.

I think that is a good idea!! But I also think you should join the club :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This thread has been very helpful, and is convincing me to stick to white pearls and dark pearls (probably Tahitians) for my coloring. My coloring is similar to DK and yingh. I have souffles, but only a pendant/earring set and are just super metallic with crazy orient.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett|1430502842|3870663 said:
I took some photos of the ripples in my little light box

fullsizerender_1_21.jpg

fullsizerender_63.jpg

Oh, wow, beautiful colours. Very nice luster too.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
blingbunny10|1430498636|3870608 said:
Bailey1856|1430498152|3870603 said:

You know, I don't know if these are actually darker, but I requested dark with minimal peach. Looking at the pics, it does seem ckrickett's is more peach, while mine is maybe more pink/lavender? Maybe it's in my imagination! Oh well, I am happy with what I received. ::)

Crickett's is gorgeous too but both have very nice metallic luster. I think "dark with minimal peach" would be better for my skintone though.

Thank you both providing some pictures and info on your purchases. Now when i'm ready to buy i know how to describe what i want.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All, :wavey:

I am back to the grading topic. I have felt for a very long time the topic of "Blemishes" and "Surface Grading" is not discussed at all on this forum. I would like to see discussion of this topic with photograph examples. Due to the confusion of "what counts as a blemish and how many" and "what does not count as a blemish" for pearls that are graded on the AAA grade system that most reputable vendors on this site adhere to. From the results of this thread, I can see many questions have risen about grading based on the shape of the pearl. Should it differ on shape round, oval, drop, baroque? Should it differ on species or surface of pearl? I don't know how the surface of a ripple is graded? Grading of the entire strand? Pictures of surface flaws that are not considered blemishes would be educational. Hoping the vendors will chime in, this could be a real eye opener for us all. I do feel this topic would need to be started on it's own thread. Your thoughts please.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the interruptions again.

I received my ripples (#20) two days ago and i've been really enjoying wearing them. One side is golden green as and the other side is bluish purple and can get dark or light depending on lighting conditions.
candy_ripples.jpg
candyripples3.jpg candyripples2.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1430515456|3870815 said:
Hi All, :wavey:

I am back to the grading topic. I have felt for a very long time the topic of "Blemishes" and "Surface Grading" is not discussed at all on this forum. I would like to see discussion of this topic with photograph examples. Due to the confusion of "what counts as a blemish and how many" and "what does not count as a blemish" for pearls that are graded on the AAA grade system that most reputable vendors on this site adhere to. From the results of this thread, I can see many questions have risen about grading based on the shape of the pearl. Should it differ on shape round, oval, drop, baroque? Should it differ on species or surface of pearl? I don't know how the surface of a ripple is graded? Grading of the entire strand? Pictures of surface flaws that are not considered blemishes would be educational. Hoping the vendors will chime in, this could be a real eye opener for us all. I do feel this topic would need to be started on it's own thread. Your thoughts please.

I think this is a great idea Frost Me.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Bailey1856|1430519636|3870844 said:
sorry for the interruptions again.

I received my ripples (#20) two days ago and i've been really enjoying wearing them. One side is golden green as and the other side is bluish purple and can get dark or light depending on lighting conditions.
candy_ripples.jpg
candyripples3.jpg candyripples2.jpg

Bailey1856 it is beautiful! It is different from the vendor photos but not in a bad way. I think for unusual pearls like this natural light photos might represent the product better and set a more realistic expectation for the buyer.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ripples, ckrickett!!

Bailey, those studs look really pretty. And big! Very nice colours and luster.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Bailey i DO love those studs!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1430493925|3870556 said:
Yes me too!!!! If someone wants to explain the grading in detail that would be great!!!

There is no universal grading system for pearls. The best description of grading that I have seen is on P-G, under "Pearl Quality Factors." Google should get you there, because I'm not sure if I can post a link.

ckrickett, those ripples are scrumptious! They look like candy, and I love the graduated size! YUMMY! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1430534498|3870930 said:
arkieb1|1430493925|3870556 said:

There is no universal grading system for pearls. The best description of grading that I have seen is on P-G, under "Pearl Quality Factors." Google should get you there, because I'm not sure if I can post a link.

And therein lies the problem. Didn't Jeremy lead the way with the GIA pearl grading course? Standards of how people grade pearls and even the grades themselves unless I am mistaken are not uniform around the world. And for a lot of years vendors did (some still do) claim their stock is whatever grade they want....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ripple strands, ladies! And now I feel like wearing mine today.

Also, Bailey, I LOVE your ripple earrings. I'm so glad I snagged both a light pair and a dark pair. I just love them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results