shape
carat
color
clarity

Metallic Souffle Insanity renamed Helium Balloon by new Mom:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
What?! What is she talking about? How did this happen?

Here's how:

Mrs. Taylor and I were shopping "together" when the first wave of August specials came out on PP. Mrs. Taylor scooped up a couple of items and asked if I wanted one since we were both eyeing the exact same items at the exact same time. Due to a small flaw, one dropped out of the running, leaving Mrs. Taylor with the amazing souffle pendant. Although she offered it to me, I said no, no, you bought it. Try it for as long as you like and if it's not for you, I'd like first dibs.

Mrs. Taylor appreciated the beauty and uniqueness of this piece, but it wasn't quite her style. She prefers substantial heft and weight -- and a single souffle pearl can never achieve that. (Nor can a full double strand, as I know!) I, however, have become a fan of souffles so Mrs. Taylor decided she wanted someone to have it who would both love it and WEAR it.

Here is her original thread with her pictures for reference:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/metallic-souffle-insanity.192701/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/metallic-souffle-insanity.192701/[/URL]

Now I'd like to introduce you to my "helium balloon" souffle pendant.

Tons of pictures coming up arranged thusly (taken in Northern fading light, unfortunately):

-- front
-- back
-- with Fire Goddess showing front
-- with Fire Goddess showing back
-- with double souffle necklace
-- neck shots

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Re: Metallic Souffle Insanity renamed Helium Balloon by new

First impressions:

-- Man, you are smaller than I thought. And I already thought you were smaller than I thought from Mrs. Taylor's pictures!

-- Hey, you are PINK on the back!

Front:

Back:

souffle_front_1.jpg

souffle_front_2.jpg

souffle_back_1.jpg

souffle_back_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

With Fire Goddess showing front:

With Fire Goddess showing back:

Helium Balloon souffle with double strand white souffles:

fire_goddess_and_souffle_front_1.jpg

fire_goddess_and_souffle_back_2.jpg

souffle_pendant_and_double_strand_2.jpg

souffle_pendant_and_double_strand_3.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

And some neck shots -- not very good in fading light, but I know you want to see it being worn! (Ugh, the metallic green sheen doesn't show at all -- I promise more shots another day):

Some acknowledgements and shout-outs.

I'd like to thank John for setting this pearl with such respect and delicacy. Truly lovely and simple.

A big thank you to Mrs.Taylor who was willing to part with a special piece so it would could be worn, loved and seen by others.

This was made possible by the personal picking and shopping done by Jeremy and Hisano. We all benefit from their passion.

Have a good long weekend pearl peeps (for those of you in the US)!

souffle_neck_shot_1.jpg

souffle_neck_shot_2.jpg

souffle_neck_shot_3.jpg

souffle_neck_shot_4.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jeez, I LOVE it! (how are you so quick with your threads?) Thank you for all the pictures!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse -- As I just told Mrs. Taylor -- my love is growing by the hour.

Here are some ridiculous evening shots that only pearl crazed peeps would understand:

This was taken in a dark restaurant by the light of one lone candle:

This was taken in the same restaurant's bathroom (note how even twisted with the back side front, it looks intriguing):

And finally a shot in another, more brightly lit, bathroom:

Okay, I'll try for some "normal" shots tomorrow...

helium_balloon_lit_by_one_candle.jpg

helium_balloon_in_korean_restaurant_bathroom.jpg

helium_balloon_in_mexican_restaurant_bathroom.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Oh, I forgot to add. I think of Fire Goddess and the "sister" pearl in transit, "Snow Goddess", as females.

"Helium Balloon", perhaps because we just set our first-born son "free" as he enters college this week, I think of as a young spunky male full of energy, hope, dreams and aspirations that SOAR! The sky's the limit!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock

lovely pendant . by the way I am glad that you bsomlo ,Mrs.Taylor and icy-jade have joined the pearl forum ! it has become so much lively now .

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jeweln|1377914334|3512710 said:
lovely pendant . by the way I am glad that you bsomlo ,Mrs.Taylor and icy-jade have joined the pearl forum ! it has become so much lively now .

This.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Congrats!!! I am trilled it went to a home where it can be loved and worn. It looks fabulous on you!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Yay, you "sound" so enthused about this soufflé than the other one.

And the amazing colours!! It reminds me of Australia, as in the continent. :lol:

Thanks! :mrgreen:

_9495.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo Congrats, it looks FABULOUS on you :appl: :appl: :appl: The colors on it are SO beautiful...it reminds me of the Aurora Borealis :love: :love: :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

IT truly is such a remarkable piece. The uniqueness and beauty cannot be surpassed but it simply did not belong on my neck. All along it was meant to be with Bsomlo...but I'm glad it stopped by my place for a visit! I will say that photos simply cannot capture the depth and intensity of the colors. They are beyond compare. Bsomlo, if I may say so, you wear it far better than I ever could. It looks PERFECT on your neck and I'm much more delighted to have this piece partner with the Fire Goddess (and soon the Snow Goddess) than the other, which looked too similar to the Fire Goddess. This has a completely different personality and I absolutely feel you'll be reaching for it often.

Thank you for shopping with me! I look forward to doing it again!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

This is so sweet. I'd like to give a shout out to Catherine Cardellini who allowed my pearl love to reach new and unfathomable heights with her amazing talent and inventory. Also to Jenncent-a wonderful friend who has quickly become my twin in pearl lust (and other things!) and has a collection to die for. She is my number one enabler and I adore her!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

I thought it would be fun to pay homage to Mrs. Taylor's "robe" shot with the souffle. I must say that her pictures and lighting are better. (Looking at the preview her shots are SO much better! I'm not getting the green -- maybe it's my cell phone...) And I don't have a green robe.

Mrs Taylor:

Me in purple yukate with cloudy Northern natural light:

And since I'm more conscious of lighting with Icy Jade's help -- one with the light on (that's as technical as I get):

jeweln -- I really enjoy the forum and hope to meet my "pearl sisters" in person at some point. It's a strange little subculture we have going on that most people really can't relate to.

Icy Jade -- yes, very Australia-looking!

Jenncent -- Thanks. You are, with no doubt, the Ripple Queen. Of. The. World.

Litgeek, babynurse -- thanks! I love following your pearl adventures.

_9504.jpg

helium_balloon_with_yukata_2.jpg

helium_balloon_with_yukata_3.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

That is one beautiful pearl so I am glad that it is with someone who will love it like you do. Congratulations on your new beauty. :appl:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock

love both robes ! (and the pearl of course ) .

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Thanks all!

I found neglected earrings to go with the souffle pendant.

Earrings are pearl, peridot and gold (neglected due to weight, not beauty):

Together -- I like the simplicity of the feather-light souffle with the more complicated heavy earrings:

peridot_-_pearl_earring.jpg

peridot_-_pearl_-_souffle.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

First of all, wow. Those are beautiful earrings! Secondly I do quite like that juxtaposition! Beautiful!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely earrings and they look great with the pendant! Do the green gems pick up the green in the souffle pearl?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

LitGeek -- that was certainly my intention, but I have to admit I didn't spend much mirror time with this combination yesterday. I'll have to look more carefully the next time I pair them.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE both of your pendants!! I've been looking but haven't quite found the right one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results