shape
carat
color
clarity

Male in need of pearl advice

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My thought is that there is no prescription as far as I am concerned as to what is appropriate for anyone, age, profession or whatever. Does this have to be a surprise or can the recipient be involved?
Also is she conventional or does she like something a bit more edgy and not classic (in which case some metallic freshwater natural colours might be right or even some ripples - or again if budget is not the first consideration then some natural colour Edisons would be an amazing buy. I wear my strand everywhere, it is my default necklace)
White pearls are great, but pearls don't have to be white

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I would greatly recommend contacting pearl paradise and seeing if they could put a few different strands together for you to choose from. they are always so helpful and wonderful to work with and have an amazing return/exchange policies. Just let them know what you are looking for or give them several options and I am 100% sure you will be happy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the PP recommendation. They will work with you until you are happy. Just make sure you are buying what your partner-for-life would love!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would get the best quality, largest pearls you can afford. Rather than the SS I would go for the best Akoya or the Metallic White round or Freshadama at around 9mm 9.5mm . Most people mention that eventually you want larger pearls .. so don't waste the money .. get the bigger size to start with =)

I've never seen the white metallic/Akoya/Freshadama natural next to each other but I have to assume that they are each fabulous. You absolutely can't go wrong. Do get the earrings at the same time so you can match them.

Depending on cost, the idea of two strands matched for colour is a good one. You have the versatility of two different lengths, 16 and 18 for example , so that no matter what the neckline of an outfit is like one of the stands should work well. Plus they can be worn at the same time. Just get everything at the same time so they match up. If you have money left over you can always add in a different style of earring .. like the pearls with diamonds for the dressy occasions.

A lovely idea for a present! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results