shape
carat
color
clarity

Madama Set:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited! I have been hankering for a saturated blue akoya strand, the ultimate dream being a madama strand, for a while now.

Jeremy and Hisano bought some madama strands recently and had them sent to Japan for certification. I bought a particularly blue 8 to 8.5 mm madama strand. Since I like shorter necklaces, Hisano removed four pearls to make dangle earrings. She recommended the duet findings for the earrings with two pearls hanging on each:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3771-duet-collection-earrings.aspx

I will have them tomorrow! Here is the glamour shot, neck and ear shots tomorrow!

madama_set.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I am SO jealous. I think I love my baroque blue akoyas more than any other piece of jewelry that I own and a Madama strand would be my Holy Grail piece. You got a lovely strand! That kind if coloring is exactly what I would hold out for if I had the dinero to pay for it. I'm sure these are going to look amazing in you. :appl: :bigsmile:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here is a shot of some of the madama strands PP bought recently. Mine is the strand on the left. I can hardly wait to meet it!

madama_strands.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Congratulations on a stunning necklace and earring set. :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that set is gorgeous! :love: :lickout: You definitely got the pick of the litter with that color. I would love to see close-up shots of the earrings, and just lots more pics in general. Congrats on getting your dream strand. :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I am sooo excited for you! Jealous too, but mostly just excited that you'll post pictures and we can all see RL pictures.

I think it would look super pretty layered with a white strand or twisted with something else. Please play with combos from your enviable collection!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
SMC|1404959732|3710195 said:
I am sooo excited for you! Jealous too, but mostly just excited that you'll post pictures and we can all see RL pictures.

I think it would look super pretty layered with a white strand or twisted with something else. Please play with combos from your enviable collection!

+1 :drool: :clap:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
that's amazing! you're a lucky duck! congratulations!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! Of course, I'll post lots of pictures.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to look - they are just divine. How long is the strand with the 4 pearls removed?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Be still my heart those pearls are just perfection. Congratulations on your new beauties. I hope they make an apperience at the ruckus. :mrgreen:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - congratulations! You picked a gorgeous strand and the earrings are so feminine! You have us all drooling here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGOMGOMG!!! :love: :love: :love:
I am so excited for you!!! Please post a million pics when these arrive. :appl:
And congratulations on a dream set!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Pure perfection :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't imagine a more perfect strand or lovelier earrings!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1404969910|3710277 said:
Be still my heart those pearls are just perfection. Congratulations on your new beauties. I hope they make an apperience at the ruckus. :mrgreen:

4Ranch -- Of course, they are coming with me to the Ruckus!!!

Kay, I don't know how long the necklace is. I'll measure it today. The mm is 8 to 8.5 and the original strand had 50 pearls. Four pearls have been removed for the dangle earrings. I tried to "do the math" and came up with 16.5 ish and then add knots and clasp -- I'm guessing it'll be 17.5 ish. But we'll see.

Thank you all for sharing my excitement. This is one of my "important" and classic pieces. I can hardly wait to lay eyes on her!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love blue Akoyas, and the set is a feast to the eyes, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

relysa

Rough_Rock
OMG! That is such a stunning piece! Congratulations on finding such a beauty! :appl: Can't wait to see it on you :)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
It's perfection in blue! I love this shade of blue! I am jealous and happy for you, totally amazing set you have there. I look forward to mod shots! :love: :love: :love:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
INSANELY GORGEOUS! It's the perfect shade of blue on you too! I am blown away!! Do you love them?

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! They glow on you! If you dont mind my asking: Now that I know you have both Madama and Hanadama, which one do you prefer and why? :think:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could get lost in those blues. I see pink and teal, powder blue and flashes of silver; your set is mesmerizing. I love how perfectly round they are and so shiny! The earrings are really unbelievable too.

Wear these in good health and happiness :))

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
O!!!!M!!!!G!!!! They are everything I dreamed they might be IRL and more. I'm so happy for you. They are amazing and the look amazing on you! :cheeky: :bigsmile: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! Of course, I can't capture the colors, but the pearls display turquoise, pink, silver, blues...they are absolutely lovely pearls.

leyhuong -- it's hard to compare the hanadama and the madama. They are very different. The hanadama pearls are much larger at 9 to 9.5mm and much longer at 26".

I think I'll wear the madama set more due to the necklace's length and because I love the accompanying earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results