shape
carat
color
clarity

Mabe pearls

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all, I have a question. I just acquired a mabe pearl which is unbearably beautiful. However it has something very unique going on, and I'm wondering if the aficionados can shed some light. At the apex of the pearl, it has a light, circular ring. It's not a "ring" that has a textural difference, it's not a wearing of nacre, it doesn't seem like a flaw, it's just a very light area. It is not a reflection. The reflection moves around it and the light spot stays in the same place. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Is it something in the nature of mabe pearls? Thank you for any insight!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor, are you kidding me? Posting this question regarding your "unbearably beautiful" mabe without a picture?!

Shame on you.

With a picture, all is forgiven...

(Welcome back, BTW!)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I know. Shame on me. But I have to figure out a way to crop. I'm not so good with the technology.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I beg to differ. You've posted amazing pearl photos!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but the struggle is with the evening light...and I haven't had daylight with this beauty yet!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Here's an attempt.

-2_zps182b4e4d.png

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
The light area is not a reflection. It's not a bump, it's not a different texture. What do we think about this?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results