shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucy and Ethel hit the road.....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1428069816|3856315 said:
Then Sarah decided we needed a different color stone for the project and came back with a container of pink tourmaline. First a pear shape then an oval..... Oval it is and set going horizontal. Next she started using the mabe as a template on a piece of paper.
NL - How nice to see your SoC mabes are being set. Those are such beauties. I love seeing the creative process. Thanks for the photos. Wouldn't it be nice if our SoC mabes reunite at the next PP Ruckus as finished jewelry?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Sarah your showroom is not to be missed, so exciting to see all the beautiful pearls, thanks so much all of you!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Nacrelover, that Mabe set is going to be pure Sarah GENIUS when done!!! Stunning even as a mockup :) Thanks so much for all the photos :appl: :appl: :appl:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like seeing the creative process, as well. It's interesting to see the drawings, and it's going to be stunning when completed.

The PM looks like it will work out, and I'm glad the show is next weekend. I was thinking I'd missed out on the octopus and would have to wait for the next batch. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Little Red, the octopus, went on his first outing today: actually rec'd a compliment!

yes, the creative process with NL and Sara was fun to watch. the piece will be gorgeous.

and watching 4RanchGirl pick out pearls for her pearl/chain necklace was interesting as well.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm glad that I have not been around the last few days as I got to go through all the photos at once..no waiting !! The anticipation would have killed me lol What great photos ! Thanks so much for posting them and taking us all along on your trip through a pearl wonderland ! Sarah has such interesting designs ! I think that SOC Mabe pendant is going to be amazing and I love the colour of the stone! Very deep and rich and mirrored in the swirl of colours in the pearls. They look really stunning !! What a wonderful time you guys must have had !!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing !! :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Love that mabe project!!! I can't wait to see finished pictures!! I love what Sarah does with pendants!

I got in contact with Sheri and I purchased a little octo baby too (Sheri is such a sweety)

I got the silver one with the dark Tahitian, can't wait until he arrives!

imageocto_0.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the octopus babies!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun story and lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing. That octopus baby is super cute. Cannot to see your finished earrings.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1428408207|3857840 said:
Love that mabe project!!! I can't wait to see finished pictures!! I love what Sarah does with pendants!

I got in contact with Sheri and I purchased a little octo baby too (Sheri is such a sweety)

I got the silver one with the dark Tahitian, can't wait until he arrives!

imageocto_0.jpg

I have my fingers crossed that the octopus in the middle of the platter is mine ... :pray:

I wanted to remind anyone interested that there was a video chat with Sheri from last year's Ruckus. I found the link on the PP blog, but I think it's on YouTube as well.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my Little Red is immediately to the left of the one you want!

is this going to be the secret badge/code for pricescope's pearl forum?!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1428443536|3858183 said:
my Little Red is immediately to the left of the one you want!

is this going to be the secret badge/code for pricescope's pearl forum?!

It should be!

I may also buy the larger brass one with the blue silver SSP if it doesn't sell at her upcoming show.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
It would be fun to get them all together again, with their new owners.

The octopus as a symbol is fascinating. I like the way it's designed, with one arm as a hook/enhancer.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1428444862|3858195 said:
It would be fun to get them all together again, with their new owners.

The octopus as a symbol is fascinating. I like the way it's designed, with one arm as a hook/enhancer.

I really liked that too. At first I thought they were brooches until I saw one on a necklace, and it made me love them even more!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Say hello to my little friend -- :appl:

pearls_005.jpg

pearls_006.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone wondering, one tentacle is a hook, another tentacle is a closed loop. It can also hang upside down, from another hooked tentacle.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you are loving these guys like we did. Ennui, If you go to the show, tell Sheri you're our friend.. She is just great you will love her.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ennui,

Thanks very much for posting pictures. It looks great and I hope you enjoy wearing it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG Look at him!!!!! I'd love to see neck shots! :love: :love: :love:

I can't wait for my new friend!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
We cant wait either.... :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ennui, sheri and I talked about this one! she really did love how he turned out "peacock" like the pearls! he's gorgeous and you are going to love him!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing the octopi. That's a very whimsical design.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
All adorable, but Ennui, you got my favorite one ... Congratulations!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Love the little guy on the leather cord! Wear him (or her) in good health ennui!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the kind words! I think I'm going to have fun with it. I was shocked at how quickly I received it, so watch your mailbox, ckrickett!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1428557930|3859090 said:
Thank you for all the kind words! I think I'm going to have fun with it. I was shocked at how quickly I received it, so watch your mailbox, ckrickett!

OMG yes, It arrived today and I swear yesterday she said it was in the mail! Sheri is super duper!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yay!

fullsizerender_52.jpg

He arrived so quick and is super cute! I love him! I love how there are suction cups all around his belly! :love:

Here is a side view so you can see the cute way he hooks!

fullsizerender_1_17.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett is clearly a better photographer than I. :D Enjoy your new friend!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed Sheri and asked what size pearls fit into the body. She said 8 to 12mm round or drop but 10mm fit best. So, if you have a loose pearl at home and need it set into something, this may be the place. I'm considering it a place for the far left pearl I got at the PP connoisseurs sale last year.

_28884.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
omg they are so cute !!

Nice photo ckrickett ! I love the pearl in that one ! And Ennui - your Tahitian looks gorgeous too !

I thought they were broaches to when I first saw them - how big are they? Sorry if that's been covered already.. I think they are smaller than they look.,,I was going to guess about 2 inches?? Are they Sterling?

Very cute.

And again, thanks to all for the photos. It certainly looks like you had a great time !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results