shape
carat
color
clarity

Look What I'm Getting From PP!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I'd ordered a pair of the 8.0-9.0mm Tahitian pearl studs from Pearl Paradise using the 20% off Mother's Day code. When I got them, I wasn't *as* thrilled as I'd hoped I'd be, because I'd ordered them to be AAA/intense luster/peacock overtones, but I was hoping for a little sharper luster and more of the blue-greeny peacock overtones. Pearl Paradise has been wonderful to deal with, and Elia sent me an option for an exchange which I LOVE in the picture and I think they will be perfect for what I'm looking for. She also offered to extend the 20% code on my exchange and to re-set the new pair into yellow gold for me (which I hate to do, as I don't care much for yellow gold, but I'm allergic to white gold, so I stick with yellow for things like pearl studs where you can't see the metal anyway. All of my other "major" jewelry is platinum.) An added bonus is that the new pair will be a size bigger - 9-10mm, which I think will also be perfect :) Very excited and just had to share here as I am primarily a colored-stone/diamond lover who is just now really getting into pearls!

NOW, for a question... in the pic, the pair I returned is on the left and the new pair I'll be getting soon is on the right. From an overtones-only perspective (because I'm kind of new to Tahitians in particular), which pair is more of what you think of as a true peacock? I'm wondering if my new pair would be described as "peacock" or if it's so intensely colored, you'd call it "blue-green"? Or is that really splitting hairs and they're the same thing? Either way, it doesn't matter to me as I prefer the pair on the right, but for the purpose of possibly needing to accurately describe them for matching purposes later, how would you describe them?

pp_tahitians.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm new to Tahitians so I can't answer but I stand firmly behind you in your decision....those are KILLER!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Tara3056,

Both color overtones, aubergine or cherry and the blue green are considered extremely desirable, it is just a matter of personal preference. Aren't Tahitians wonderful? :love:

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
So I'm not crazy? I did think the ones on the left were closer to a cherry than to a peacock, but I'm so new to Tahitians, I didn't know. I have cool-toned coloring, so I think the peacocks will suit me best :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
If it was me I would want both :mrgreen: either choice is outstanding and you could not go wrong.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1370549418|3460366 said:
If it was me I would want both :mrgreen: either choice is outstanding and you could not go wrong.

I second that 4ranchgirl! I have blue-green studs that I wear almost daily, but I definitely want some cherry Tahitians too :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results