shape
carat
color
clarity

Large sized round stud earrings

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I am getting a pair of 12.7mm lavender pearls, it will cover my entire bottom lobe as studs, is it too big or should I have them made into dangles?
:think:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personal taste completely. I prefer short dangles (where the drop hangs directly below the earlobe) over studs that large but others will feel differently. I don't like the stud to be larger than the area of my earlobe. Will it hang over (i.e. too big to fit entirely within the earlobe) the earlobe area or fit into the area? Pics would be helpful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with missy that it is about personal taste, build, style and how the pearl sits on the earlobe as a stud.

I can't wear big round pearl studs, as they make my already fat and wide face even wider! :rolleyes:

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems - pls share the photo you posted over in the 'other place'. I can't wait to see what you do with the pearls, they are gorgeous!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Missy and DK for your input! Ricezo yes good idea re photos.
Missy photo of my new pearls and me wearing a 12mm pair.

_29837.jpg

_29838.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Try them as studs, and if they don't work out, you can have them reset.
The trick to a large stud is getting them to stay on the lobe, and not droop from their weight.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1430572647|3871112 said:
Try them as studs, and if they don't work out, you can have them reset.
The trick to a large stud is getting them to stay on the lobe, and not droop from their weight.

I agree. I would try them as studs first, because as studs they would be phenomenal! (as dangles too) so try studs first

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1430572574|3871111 said:
Thank you Missy and DK for your input! Ricezo yes good idea re photos.
Missy photo of my new pearls and me wearing a 12mm pair.

Those earrings look fantastic on your ears so these could go as either studs or dangles. :love:

_29839.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ricezo, Missy, Dk168, Ennui and ckrickett for your input, I will have them set as studs!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I think based on that photo the 12.7mm will look good! Such pretty earrings, lovinggems.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tucs! I gathered by asking people with great taste in jewelry I can't go wrong!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, they will look wonderful on you! If they droop, you can use those clear plastic disks to keep them straight. I wear some that are larger than that and just love them. The only thing is, sometimes after a few hours they feel heavy and I want to take them off. Kinda like the most sexah high heel shoes. They are beautiful and will get attention. :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
SeaUrchin funny analogy! Also I am loving your new candied earrings from POJ :love: .

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They will make beautiful studs! Looking forward to more photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results