shape
carat
color
clarity

Kamoka Harvest Strand and Bracelet - My Holy Grail Pieces

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have a few Kamoka pearls, and getting an entire strand has been on my wish list for some time. But, which one? Dark rounds? Silvery baroques? Matching or mixed colors? I studied the photos on Josh's Kamoka Pearls Boutique for more than a year. The strand I kept coming back to was the Pearl Harvest Rope. I loved the different shapes and colors. Big pearls, little pearls, keshi pearls. The tiny keshi on the clasps were so adorable. You could wear it doubled over, long, with or without the bracelet. The main drawback was I knew it would be too much for me. At over 50 inches long it was too many pearls and potentially too heavy.

When I saw 4Ranch Girl's Blaire Mixed Tahitian Strand with the big silver drop I loved that piece. It was 26 inches which struck me as a great length. I decided to try to combine concepts. Early this Spring I contacted Josh Humbert about making me a "Half-Havest Rope", complete with a removable bracelet and the matching clasps with tiny keshi. I asked for a mix of colors and shapes. I also wanted to add a big drop that would be removable.

Josh was excited about this project and began putting it together. Things were going well and then all communication stopped. Every couple of weeks I would send him an e-mail saying, "Yo, Josh!?", but no answer. Oh well, perhaps he had other things going on.

A few weeks later new Kamoka strands appeared in the Kamoka Boutique. Among them was this convertible strand, just the size we had been discussing, along with a removable bracelet. The pearls were more uniform in size than what I was looking for, but it did indicate that Josh was still alive and kicking.

Finally, I sent him an e-mail from a different computer using a different e-mail account, and Josh responded! He had finished my strand, and sent me numerous e-mails, none of which I answered (because, of course, I never received them). Finally he decided that I must have lost interest, and he went ahead and sold that strand. We quickly exchanged contact information and he proceeded to select pearls for my new strand. He said it would be very special. Who knows what happened with the e-mails? My home computer absolutely refuses to receive any e-mails from Josh. So much for modern communications.

kamokaharvestrope.jpg

convertible_018_grande.jpg

kamokastrand.jpg

Attachments

• 4ranchinspiration.bmp
    577.6 KB · Views: 1,852

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re: Kamoka Harvest Strand and Bracelet - My Holy Grail Piece

I wasn't worried since I figured it was meant to be. Josh had recently received more pearls and began to put together my strand. Soon he sent me some pictures of the pearls he had selected. I thought that they were colorful and amazing.

strand4r__030.jpg

strand4r__031.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

One change I asked for was to use 14kt yellow gold clasps, rather then sterling silver. There was a wait while Josh ordered the clasps.

Here are photos of the Kamoka strand with the Stuller clasps. The clasps come with tiny white pearls which Josh planned to remove and replace with Kamoka keshi.

strand4r__032.jpg

strand4r__033.jpg

strand4r__034.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I approved the choices so far, and asked if there were any large drops available? Josh sent photos of two choices, both a large 14mm in size. The first one was a lovely silver pearl with a gorgeous drop shape.

Here are the silver drop photos. Note the pretty blue and pink overtones and the sweet drop to pear-like shape.

4r__045.jpg

4r__046.jpg

4r__047.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

But the second pearl captured my heart. I love green pearls with a blush of pink, and this one was a big and beautiful peacock. It was slightly larger than the silver pearl, and the price difference between the two was substantial. Still, when I was trying to decide which one to choose, I kept coming back to this peacock.

4r__042.jpg

4r__043.jpg

4r__044.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

To help make up my mind, I asked for photos of both drops with the strand. By this time the strand was at the stringers, but when it returned, Josh promptly provided these photos.

4r2__037.jpg

4r2__036.jpg

4r2__039.jpg

4r2__038.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

And here is Josh's glamour shot of the strand with the separate bracelet. I asked how it would look with the bracelet in the full strand, and Josh provided two shots of the full strand.

4r2__040.jpg

full1.jpg

full2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I have the strand in hand now, but due to all of the difficulties with e-mail, my own photos of the piece are on a different computer. I'll try getting them up in a day or so. Please be patient with me! :twirl:

I am undecided about what to do with the drop. I loved the green peacock Kamoka, and I really appreciated Josh offering it to me. Another reason I preferred that pearl is that I already own three silver Tahitian pendants and/or enhancers. Since I figured I can always make it into a separate pendant, I went ahead and purchased that pearl. Right now it is half-drilled and waiting for me to decide how to set it. I take it out daily to play with. It is so pretty, and the luster is amazing, but, of course, it is a Kamoka pearl. :love:

I hope you have enjoyed my Kamoka journey so far. :wavey:

And, yes, the strand is even more amazing in person. :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

WOW, this is a terrific adventure -- and told so well!

I can hardly wait to see shots of this beauty on you!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade

LOVE hearing about your journey and your amazing Kamoka pearls! So fabulously gorgeous! Josh's outrageously brilliant design of the Harvest Strand is so unique to Kamoka Pearls. :love: :love: :love: Now waiting for more photos! So very very thrilled for you! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: And that peacock pearl?? Wow Wow Wow :love: :love: :love:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

WOW! That is one amazing strand Fly Girl! So gorgeous! You are one lucky lady!! I can't wait to see neck shots!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

:love: :love: :love: I am soooooo in love with your Harvest strand!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Thank you for sharing your journey and all of the photos with us! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that gorgeous drop pearl :mrgreen:

blondie~

Rough_Rock

Simply exquisite Fly Girl. The most beautiful piece I've seen in a long time. He did such a beautiful job, very creative, your collaboration. Perfect! :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

I am tickled pink that you copied my strand because it is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you for making my day :mrgreen: Your new strand is just TDF and I love it. I hope you wear yours as much as I wear mine. Bravo :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I wear the drop to the front in summer. The colors are arranged in a way that compliment the silver drop and blue pearls. The back side I wear to the front in winter and it has the large green pearl with the chocolat pearls dominating that side. It is like having 2 seperate necklaces.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

4RanchGirl -- How clever!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Great post and custom necklace and bracelet, Flygirl. It was a great story how it happened and how it ended up. Love the photos and can't wait to see it on your neck. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Thank you bsomlo, Pattye, misskittycat, LitGeek, blondie, 4Ranch Girl, and NacreLover.

I will begin attaching my own photos of this strand. I have more in the camera which I hope are in better lighting. I will download them once the camera battery recharges. :roll: These pearls are sort of like my first baby, where I was fascinated by every tiny shift and couldn't stop taking pictures. At least now the photos are electronic and not expensive film. :))

kamoka_5793.jpg

kamoka_5800.jpg

kamoka_5838.jpg

kamoka_5887.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

At least four of the pearls have distinctly teal coloration, which I hope to capture in some of the pictures.

kamoka_5888.jpg

kamoka_5891.jpg

kamoka_5892.jpg

kamoka_5893.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

A very strong little peacock pearl, colorful keshi, and a nifty round golden and a round white in the bracelet.

kamoka_5894.jpg

kamoka_5895.jpg

kamoka_5900.jpg

kamoka_5901.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful FlyGirl. Your photos are great. You got lots of color in your shots. I love the length and how flexible it will be with the bracelet.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

OMG, every pearl is fascinating and gorgeous in its own right.

Wear them in health. You will love these forever and ever.

More pictures! More pictures!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Thank you, NacreLover and bsomlo. Josh told me that he picked each pearl because for its interest. He has provided me with endless fascination and I will be discovering more about each little pearl for some time. Today I noticed that in the right light the tiny olive/golden keshi in the bracelet clasp has a maroon overtone. So delicate and pretty.

kamoka_5902.jpg

kamoka_5889.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Endless facination is the key to any beloved necklace and this one has it in spades. Rounds are just well, round...but this necklace has it all, shape, color, texture and placement :love: :love: :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Eek! I am endlessly fascinated with your Kamoka pearls! They just don't get better than yours :love: More photos and details on what new overtones you discover please!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Congrats on your new necklace! :love: Can we pls have neck shots?
Sounds like there was some heartache in the journey but hooray for your happy ending!

I am very drawn to the wonderfully circled pearl that you featured on a few of the shots. :love:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

FlyGirl,
It's good to hear there is a happy ending. Congratulations for owning a beautiful, versatile and very organic strand of Kamoka pearls. The circle ones are so pretty and colorful. Thanks for sharing the neck shot.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing strand, Fly Girl. :love: Looks great on you :appl: :appl:. I think those colors may actually go with my green sweater :cheeky:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

that's my dream strand!!! LOVE!!! :love: :love: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I meant more neck shots - with the strand worn both long and short. Eeps for missing words. :oops:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

love it! i'm a sucker for "texture" and "mismatch". in the end, they come together and make a gorgeous piece that will never be replicated! :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results