shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered these "dove grey" baroque earrings!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The moment I saw these on the website, I knew I wanted them. I am still beating myself up for having missed out on PP's metallic drop earrings, so I didn't hesitate this time!

I'm changing the vermeil hinged ear wire to a solid gold shepherd's hook, but here is what they look like at the moment:

They are approximately 13 mm x 7 mm and described as "regal gray shade with rose opalescence". I can hardly wait!

dove_grey_baroque_earrings.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice :appl: :appl: :appl: You will love these. I have learned that when Jeremy brings in a new find not to hesitate because most times he does not bring them back.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Those are stunning, great catch! Moscow rule of shopping; no hesitation, if it is available and you want it, buy it. LOL it's always the pieces that I didn't grab when it was available, that haunt me.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1370370062|3458894 said:
The moment I saw these on the website, I knew I wanted them. I am still beating myself up for having missed out on PP's metallic drop earrings, so I didn't hesitate this time!

I'm changing the vermeil hinged ear wire to a solid gold shepherd's hook, but here is what they look like at the moment:

They are approximately 13 mm x 7 mm and described as "regal gray shade with rose opalescence". I can hardly wait!

I think my wording was unclear. These are not from PP -- but having missed out on PP's metallic drops I decided to jump on this pair because I know the bitter bitter taste of disappointment and remorse. (The opposite of "buyer's remorse".)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful!!

Not sure what I plan to do with my pink baroque freshwaters... They are huge - was thinking I might turn them into convertible drops but I think they need to stand alone... Will be quite some time before I have the money to do anything though so in the meantime, post lots and lots of photos of you wearing yours so I can get my fix!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
c langston|1370373066|3458922 said:
Those are stunning, great catch! Moscow rule of shopping; no hesitation, if it is available and you want it, buy it. LOL it's always the pieces that I didn't grab when it was available, that haunt me.
Oh I love this saying :appl: :appl: :appl: I think it will be my new moto :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I am VERY upset to report that I just received the earrings and there were two BIG problems:

a) The pair I got was not the pair pictured. I am quite sure. We agreed I'd get a specific pair and that is not what I received.

b) Far worse -- there is a hairline crack from top to bottom of one of the earrings and what looks like possible scratches along with unacceptable natural imperfections, in my mind.

I've asked for the vendor to pay for return shipping and we can discuss options from there. I could give them another chance to send me the correct pair -- or just get a full refund.

I'll let you know what happens.

dove_grey_baroque_0.jpg

comparison_of_shapes.jpg

crack_in_nacre__1.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!!

To me, they also look darker than the original shot but that could just be the photo. I can definitely see the crack. Same thing happened to me this week with a pearl bracelet I ordered. I am sending it back because a pearl is cracked and that is unacceptable for a bracelet. And it wasn't cheap for freshwaters. So yes, I would do exactly what you have done - would you prefer the refund or the actual pair you ordered?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The pearls in the picture are pretty. The pearls I received are ugly. I am quite upset.

At this point, I'm thinking I may just want a refund.

I bought another pair of earrings from this vendor that I love. The craftsmanship is excellent -- so this buying experience was jarring. I just can't understand how so many things went wrong.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Bsomlo. I'm so sorry. That's upsetting to say the least. I am not sure I'd be able to do anything but request a refund. After very specifically being assured that you would receive the one pictured and having not only the wrong pair, but a damaged pair show up my trust would be too shaken. It's really unfortunately. The earrings you were expecting were gorgeous. Keep us posted.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It is upsetting when vendor's picture don't match the item, even though they said it is the actual item. Depending on a cost i would send them back, you can't repair pearls if there are visible scratches. So sorryy...

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Bummer :confused: The scratches are really the biggest disappointment. I'd definitely contact them and see what happened.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
How disappointing! I kind of hope that they the correct pair to send you as they are so pretty in the pic. But I do understand just wanting a refund and moving on.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Response hot off the press:

Im sorry this was an error on our part and I don't know how it happened, but the wrong pair was shipped to you.
I just sent you a label for FEDEX ground, via email. Pls print and tape to a box containing the earrings. Drop to any FEDEX
location. Once we receive, the correct pair (has your name on them, and are set aside) will be shipped to you N/C of course.

Apologies for this inconvenience. I wanted you to love them!!!!! Let's still go for that.
Best

ps. Let me know that you received the label via email.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are you comfortable with that situation -- do you still want the earrings?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
GemFever|1370894676|3462849 said:
Are you comfortable with that situation -- do you still want the earrings?

ditto this. If it was a matter of your box is still set aside for you then I'd be really okay with that. but the crack gives me pause. how are you feeling about it?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
GemFever and Mrs. Taylor -- if this was my first purchase from this vendor, I'd say thanks but no thanks.

BUT, complicating matters, I bought a lovely pair of grape cluster earrings made of pink/lavender tiny button pearls from this vendor in the past. The workmanship is excellent and the gold shepherd's hook is my favorite -- solid well-made gold hook. In the following pictures the grapes don't fall quite right, showing a lot of the inner workings (like hair parted showing the roots) but in real life the "grapes" fall in a lovely hanging bunch:

So, I think I'll take a look at the right pair and return them if I'm not happy.

pink_button_grape_cluster_pearl_0.jpg

20130428_151458.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In that case, I hope you love *your* pair when you receive them! :))

And those are some pretty cool grape earrings!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are amazing and I'd do the same thing. Can't wait to see the right pair!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Ditto, mrs. taylor. I hope they make everything right for you bsomlo!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, I had a change of heart. I ended up just asking for a refund. The whole incident, and that poor ugly pearl, left a bad taste in my mouth. PLUS, I ordered TWO necklace/earring sets from Catherine Cardellini! I've never bought from her before!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Oh, well don't worry then, Catherine will make everything better <3 :naughty:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1370910738|3463061 said:
Well, I had a change of heart. I ended up just asking for a refund. The whole incident, and that poor ugly pearl, left a bad taste in my mouth. PLUS, I ordered TWO necklace/earring sets from Catherine Cardellini! I've never bought from her before!

YOU DIDN'T!!!!! Fess up! Which ones?! Do not torture us with the wait!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tee hee! I'm waiting to get pictures, then I'll share all!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1370880801|3462689 said:
Response hot off the press:

Im sorry this was an error on our part and I don't know how it happened, but the wrong pair was shipped to you.
I just sent you a label for FEDEX ground, via email. Pls print and tape to a box containing the earrings. Drop to any FEDEX
location. Once we receive, the correct pair (has your name on them, and are set aside) will be shipped to you N/C of course.

Apologies for this inconvenience. I wanted you to love them!!!!! Let's still go for that.
Best

ps. Let me know that you received the label via email.
Mistakes can happen but the good thing is that this vendor apologized and tried to make it right. Just like any reputable busness should.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results