shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought a gorgeous natural pearl--ecstatic!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I'd love some pearl pendant ideas. I just purchased a 5mm drop shaped natural pearl (uncultured!!) and I am so excited!! I'm thinking about a pendant, or a diamond DBTY necklace with the pearl as a focal point. I'd love to see some pendant or necklace ideas you all might have stashed away. For a design, I've got:

(2) .25ct diamonds
(1) .20 ct diamond
(3) 2mm diamonds
(1) 5mm gorgeous round sleepy cornflower colored sapphire
(1) 5.5mm emerald round in a medium green

Of course, these do NOT need to be used, but, they're the stones that I have to use with in my collection can be used for this project. I'm also open to a new semi mount or design as well.

I'll include pictures as soon as I get it!!

Thank you all in advance!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a jeweler who does custom wax making or are you going to find a mounting you can fit your pearl and gemstones into. Looking at the size of your pearl, most of your gems listed may be way too large for this project.
Is the setting going to just have a pin or a cup with a bale?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see a pic of the pearl! Nice idea for the necklace. It will be very sparkly. How long is it going to be?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What style are you thinking of - something simple, blingier, traditional, modern, with more metalwork or just the stones?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Sounds luscious!! :cheeky:

I will just wait here until we can see some pics! :read:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Here is the pearl!!

Its great to see you all! :wavey: :wavey:

I'm open to anything. I love miligrain and older styles, so I was thinking something with a few diamonds and miligrained bezels to add to the bling factor. Lengthwise, I'm thinking about 16-18 inches. I've been poking around on Stuller, Etsy, etc. but I really haven't come across anything that seems to fit. I still don't have it yet--I'm having the vendor ship it to Pearl Paradise so they can check it out and drill it as well. Does anyone have pearly inspiration pics?

mississippi_pearl.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely!

Does it have greenish overtones or do my eyes deceive me?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's this for an inspiration? I love the delicate design of this combo and your natural pearl would not be overwhelmed.

pearl_pendant_idea2.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.gemeast.com/pendants.html
I have purchased several pendant semi mounts from Gem East. These can be easily converted to use for pearl by having your jeweler add a cup and post.

They also have large setting created for use for large south sea pearls, but the photos are not included (ony available in southern CA and HI stores). I love these because they are nice cast pieces with great quality diamonds. Many styles also have coordinating earring jackets that pearls can be worn with instead of diamonds.
http://www.gemeast.com/earrings.html

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results