shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO "Girl with a pearl earring" earrings!

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
I have always loved Vermeer's "Girl with a pearl earring" painting. I would love even more to find large pearl teardrop earrings just like the ones in the painting and/or movie with Scarlett Johansson. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? TIA

Angela in Japan

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Thank you both very much for your replies. However, I am looking for something more like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/159048707/teardrop-pearl-earrings-from-the
Only with REAL pearls. ;-) The pearls should be LARGE teardrops, off white, with a simple/minimal setting (for example, no diamonds, bows, etc.) JUST like in the painting in any movie.
Price is not an issue, I am looking for the real deal here. I would love to see more of what is out there please!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, that is very straightforward.

You want large white smooth drops with a simple shepherd's hook. The only issue you will have is finding drops as large as you want. I recently bought a WSS necklace and PP didn't have smooth WSS drops in as large a size as I'd like. It's been added to my PP HK wishlist for their September buying trip.

You should decide if you want WSS drops (satiny soft luster) which will be much more expensive than freshwater drops. The metallic freshwater drops are terrific with sharp luster, but it's going to be harder to find matched large ones. Here are mine, only available smaller than I wanted:

pp_metallic_1.jpg

pp_triple_metallic_with_metallic_0.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Which metal used will have an effect on the price. That style is indeed classic

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
angelainjapan|1409496707|3742414 said:
Thank you both very much for your replies. However, I am looking for something more like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/159048707/teardrop-pearl-earrings-from-the
Only with REAL pearls. ;-) The pearls should be LARGE teardrops, off white, with a simple/minimal setting (for example, no diamonds, bows, etc.) JUST like in the painting in any movie.
Price is not an issue, I am looking for the real deal here. I would love to see more of what is out there please!
In your quest finding the right pearl for you will be the problem. The setting is the easy part. My advice is to contact Pearl Paradise and get your request on their shopping list. They will look for as long as it takes to find what you want but it could take a while over several shows. They leave for HongKong in 10 days for the fall HK show.

My earrings are white metallic drops 12mm wide and 16mm long. I know it is not the setting you want but this is just to give you a size referance. The real large smooth drops are hard to come by and if they were easy PP would have them in stock always. I cherish mine.
Happy hunting and please let us know how your hunt progresses.

_21843.jpg

_21844.jpg

Kathphlox

Rough_Rock
I'm a new member, so I don't know what to say I know this tread is old, but I thought I would take a chance.... I was just buying stuff from PP and have been satisfied.. pearls are my downfall, I cant resist them... the necklace is next, I nearly fell, but reality got in the way ;-)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The setting you want is easy to find, you just need the right pair of drop pearls. Just to give you an idea of size, my white South Sea pearl drops are 11-12 mm wide. Mine are from Pearl Paradise -- I recommend calling and telling them the size and color you want. I tried on a slightly larger pair, but they felt too heavy in my ears.

img_5439.jpg

img_5440.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Didn't read all the posts, just passing by and putting my two cents in: ask Sarah at kojima pearls what she has available. I got my pearls from her and assembled the earrings myself. My pearls are south seas rather than freshwater.

They're about 14x16, slightly baroque at the top.

Here is my thread [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yeah-were-talking-big.155143/..']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yeah-were-talking-big.155143/....[/URL].

Surprisingly, they are very comfortable on a shepard's hook. I tried wearing them as dangles hanging from hoops or studs, but they pulled my ear forward and were uncomfortable.

I hope you find what you're looking for! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results