shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Manapearl reputable

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for a strand of Tahitians and am new to pearls. Is Manapearl reputable? I did search here and I can only find a couple of threads. Also, is there somewhere you can send your pearls to confirm they are real and untreated (not dyed)?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous pearls on their site!

However, I've been on the pearl boards for a couple of years and never heard of them. Pearls often look much more colorful in the photos than what you actually receive. There are several pearl sellers that are well known and trusted around here. I'd probably stick with one of those, personally, unless of course someone else knows more about this company. Here are a few I know of and trust:

Pearl Paradise, Tahitian Pearls Biz, The Pearl Society, Pearls of Joy, The Pearl Outlet, Pure Pearls. I'm sure the other pearly regulars here can add to this list.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not heard of them either.

DK :))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
A PS-er has bought from them before, but I dunno if she has posted about her purchase. I think the site has gorgeous pearls.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think there is anywhere to send pearls for verification. If you educate yourself about pearls, you can usually tell all by yourself. For example, if you look near the hole where the pearl is drilled, you may see concentrations of color that would indicate the pearls are dyed. Sometimes the color itself is not found in nature, anyway, and the pearls are dyed for fashion.

Your best strategy is to buy from a reputable vendor.

And keep in mind that if an ebay deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking at Manapearl, and I don't think they ship to the United States.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I believe they are. One of their farms is Gauguin's pearl farm in Rangiroa, Tuamotu archipelago. Gauguin's pearl has a website. This was the strand from that site that i fell in love with and was actually the inspiration for my multi pastel strand. If they were closer to me I would have bought from them. If you are in the states i would suggest contacting the vendors listed on one of the posts, just in case you don't like what you get, it'll be much easier for you to get a refund or exchange.
inspiration_3.jpg

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
seaurchin|1420960334|3814824 said:
Pearls often look much more colorful in the photos than what you actually receive.

And just to illustrate that here is my multi pastel strand not from Mana Pearl but from The Pearl Exchange on ETSY. The two top pictures are mine and the bottom is the vendor's.
imgp4405.jpg
imgp4428.jpg
icm_fullxfull_28.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Bailey1856, THANKS for bringing out one of my favorite necklaces :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
If you are unsure I would steer clear. But if you have fallen in love check out their return policy, and if you know a jeweler that specializes in pearls, see if they can do an appraisal for you just to be sure. If it were me I would see if I could get someone to recreate the strand (I usually default to PP, but others have had beautiful luck from PoJ , Tahitian Biz, and TPO)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Bailey1856|1420997338|3814904 said:
seaurchin|1420960334|3814824 said:
Pearls often look much more colorful in the photos than what you actually receive.

And just to illustrate that here is my multi pastel strand not from Mana Pearl but from The Pearl Exchange on ETSY. The two top pictures are mine and the bottom is the vendor's.
imgp4405.jpg
imgp4428.jpg
icm_fullxfull_28.jpg

Bailey -- so beautiful!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I can't help you with the vendor but love the pastel pearls!!! Wow!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, seaurchin for the list of vendors. I'm still getting my feet wet here.

Icy_jade, I will look for her thread.

Ennui, thanks for the tips.

Baily 1856, your necklace is amazing!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Thank you CRDKeshi, Bsomlo, and Pregcurious.
Pregcurious, If you do end up purchasing from Mana Pearls please don't forget to post pictures. I am very curious about their pearls.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I've purchased a few pairs of earrings and one bracelet from them. Their farm is Gauguin Farm. They ship from French Polynesia so it takes about 2 weeks or longer to reach US destinations via their postal mail. If they ship this way you do not have to pay US custom taxes compared to FedEx or UPS once it reaches US border. Their photos are very accurate when it comes to colors. If I am not mistaken Anapa Tauru (I think he oversees operations, shipping, etc.) told me they don't use lightbox. Sorry I don't take pictures of everything I purchase including these orders. I like the fact that they put most items on their model so you can see how it looks on warm skin (not too useful for very fair people). If you have any concern or want more pictures, contact Anapa and he'll send more pictures. His email is [email protected].

A pearl-guide friend (does not post anymore) who traveled to Japan a few years ago visited their Kobe office due to my recommendation. She purchased quite a few items during that trip. She's quite happy with her pearls. She got some colorful baroque strands, bracelet, etc. for herself and her mother. If you use credit card, the exchange rate is slightly different than xe.com. Final amount is slightly off from the estimated conversion on their website. Make sure you use a credit card that does not charge a foreign transaction fee.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom -- Thank you for posting your link. Your collection is absolutely gorgeous -- top rate! You should add on to your thread!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I thought that name seemed familiar ... Hawaii. I remember some posts about the store. Positive comments as I recall. And you obviously bought some gorgeous pearls from them !

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1421231951|3816168 said:
I thought that name seemed familiar ... Hawaii. I remember some posts about the store. Positive comments as I recall. And you obviously bought some gorgeous pearls from them !

It maybe confusing going through some of those pictures. Mana Pearl's farm is in French Polynesia with a location in Kobe. They used to ship from Japan but ships directly from Tahiti now. Tahiti Pearl Market (Margo Pearl) has farms in French Polynesia and a store front in Hawaii. I bought from both. They are not the same.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom, you have some beautiful pearls. I really like the "You and I" pendant / charms. I saw something like that on someone at an event.

It would be fun to pick loose pearls and create things. I wish I had a store like that near me (but my credit card is happy that I do not).

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
HHPmom|1421242190|3816191 said:
katbran|1421231951|3816168 said:

It maybe confusing going through some of those pictures. Mana Pearl's farm is in French Polynesia with a location in Kobe. They used to ship from Japan but ships directly from Tahiti now. Tahiti Pearl Market (Margo Pearl) has farms in French Polynesia and a store front in Hawaii. I bought from both. They are not the same.

Ahhhh ! Thanks for that .. I was remembering the other place with the store in Hawaii... Tahiti Pearl Market - Margo Pearl ! Well..either way...gorgeous pearls lol !!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results