shape
carat
color
clarity

identify these pearls?

lookingaring

Rough_Rock
Just bought these on ebay for my Girlfriend.

18" and 1/4"

"I got your offer and would like to accept it but before I do I would like to answer your questions because the pic that came up shows the original listing I made with a card that reads Blue Lagoon. i received the pearls in a large lot I bought in a plastic bag with the Blue Lagoon card , I listed that way but someone wrote me and said that Blue Lagoon always says BL also on the clasp. so I relisted it without the card. It is marked 14KT on the clasp. I have no receipt as I have told you how I got the pearls , I only know they are real because of experience , I do the rubbing on my teeth method, and I know the look and feel of real pearls , they are also very even and round in size. Postage to UK would be 3.00 , and I package very well. I will wait to hear back from you before I accept your offer so you are more informed."

Anyone shed any light on this set based on what she has said? I should add seller has 2000+ feedback of vintage jewellery and 100% so I'm happy enough that way. It looks an unusual clasp too.

look nicely strung and a nice clasp, what you think?

__kgrhqv__hue8nzm-tzgbqoqmzrtog__60_3.jpg

__kgrhqr__oif_fdtu0uubqoqm6_ekw__60_3.jpg

_t2ec16f__yke9s7tw__tbqoqm6zkbq__60_3.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
If you go to ebay and search Blue Lagoon a collection of pearls pop up. No clasp like the generic fish hook on your strand is there.
Yes, it does appear that Blue Lagoon does mark their clasps.

bluelagoon.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I guess my next question to you is: What kind of pearls does the seller say they are selling you?
Akoya, Freshwater?
How much do they want for the strand?
The millimeter of the pearls, quality, color, do they have overtones?

CindySas

Rough_Rock
I have a set of Mikimoto blue lagoon pearls with an identical clasp on them. The clasp only says 14 Kt and doesn't have the BL on the clasp. They came in a blue silk jewelry bag that says. Blue Lagoon Cultured Pearls by Mikimoto. These pearls were purchased by my mother from a well known jewelry store about 25 years ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results