shape
carat
color
clarity

I PASSED!!! Time for new Tahitian strand!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Hey All! I haven't posted in a while, and I'm not sure if you remember my little freak out about my boards a few months ago. If not, here's the thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/requesting-dust-please.165500/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/requesting-dust-please.165500/[/URL]

Well, I just found out on Friday (as I was waiting to get an MRI of my knee after a fall at work that happened on Monday), that I passed my adult psychiatry boards!!! FInding this out was even better b/c my mom flew up to take care of me after the fall, and so she was with me when I found out. I am now a board certified psychiatrist! =) =) =)

I had promised myself that if I passed my boards, I would allow myself to get my first strand of tahitians! I've already e-mailed Mia at PP to tell her what I am looking for and price range, but I thought I would also post on here so that you all could keep your eyes peeled for me. There isn't a rush, I'm looking to build upon what I have, which I must admit consists mainly of PP stock, but that's been my best set of experiences so far. And I promise to post some pics of my collection when I am ambulatory again. Its small, but someday, I'm hoping it will include a lot of tahitians and south seas stuff. At any rate, here's the deets on what I'd like to acquire:

18-19in strand
med color tones- I have studs that have that peacock thing going on and so that would be ideal (one is pinky, and the other is turquoise-y, they are awesome...but too friggen big at 8-9mm, we suffer to be beautiful, right?)
BAROQUE, but think teardrop-ish within the baroque family
I do NOT like ridges, pits, and nubs; I can deal w/ a little bit of ridges, but not the pits and the nubs
I would be happy with multicolor baroques, but, I'm not sure I'm impressed w/ what I've seen on different sites thus far.

I have 8 more months til fellowship is over (and a year for my last set of specialty boards) and so, I can't go hog-wild on the price yet. I am looking in the $800ish range, but am a bit flexible.

So, keep your eyes peeled for me! I promise pics when these get bought! Thanks everybody! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on passing the boards!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats--what an accomplishment!

cheers--Sharon

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: A strand of T's is a great way to celebrate.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on passing your psychiatry board exams - way to go! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The next 8 months of fellowship will be exciting - and maybe that's when the final Tahitian's are purchased? gives you lots of time to wait for the *perfect* pearls.... :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats re the board....and a tahitian strand is definitely a nice reward!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I am thrilled! That thing was HARD :-o We weren't supposed to hear for another month if we'd passed or not. I was so happy I actually took a picture of the computer screen on my cellphone so that when I start to worry it didn't really happen, I can look at it. (maybe shrinks ARE crazy. lol)

I heard back from Mia today, she's on the lookout.

Enerchi-

I am not sure I can afford to get another strand when I graduate. Loans are due in January to the tune of just under 2K per month (I think its hilarious when people complain about how much doctors make, b/c anyway you slice it, that's a chunk of change!). Then I'll have a month when I am unemployed before I start the new job (still have to pay mortgage and loans) and I have to pay another 3K for last round of boards (child specialization) in April. Then I'll be done!!! :appl: :appl:

So, of course, I've got THAT stand all picked out, too: multi-color Tahitian rounds 9-11mm with drop earrings :love: THAT Is one of the dream strands...Ooh, another thread idea...

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Completely agree with that lol! Doctors are so far in debt when the graduate :shock: I think they should receive a LOT of FREE assistance to pay for their educations, but that is another thread : ) Enormous congrats on your fantastic accomplishment!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone!

ILander,
I did look at those, but I'm looking for less nubs and ridges. I must say, the coloring was right.

I did email Mia at Pearl Paradise and speak with her. She did find a strand- very much what I would like, but just a little too dark. They just don't seem to have much in stock right now. So, I'm debating on waiting or looking elsewhere. Its a lot of $, so I'd really like to love what I get. I haven't gotten anything from PP yet that I haven't liked, so I'm thinking of waiting on them. I should call them up and say, Get ur butts over to Tahiti, bead chick needs a "good job on your test" strand! LOL! Cauz u know, Tahiti would be an awful trip...

Seriously, though, I did find one on Pearl Source I really liked, but it was more like $1200, and I know PP can get me something more reasonable, and maybe not AS nice, but still really good if I wait it out.

We'll see...Will keep you posted.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, beadchick!

I recently got a Tahitian strand from Sarah at Kojima pearls for my new job celebration. They are nice, but given how you are looking for some really nice surfaces, I would consider waiting until I had a bit more and go for a Kamoka strand of Tahitians.

http://buy.kamokapearls.com/collections/strands/products/semi-round-semi-baroque-blend

I have a single Kamoka baroque that I wear in a pendant along with a South sea pearl and a Kasumi, and I gotta say, those Kamoka Tahitians are amazing. I get lots of compliments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results