Votes: 4 36.4%

Votes: 5 45.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Seeking help from fellow pearl lovers!

I'm considering if I should get these (or maybe not since there is no sale on them and I've been spending too much on pearls lately). But still, I've been obsessing over these Pteria Penguin mabe earrings (those rainbows!). If you have to choose, which pair do you think is the best?

image_2293.jpg

image_2294.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Icy -- it depends on your skintone, girlfriend! I wish you could lay them on your arm so we could see them against your skin.

Without that crucial information -- I say #4 because of the green overtones and because the mabes seem better matched in terms of depth/height and color and luster -- not that one would notice on the ear.

Or the right one of #4 and the right one of #5, if that is allowed.

Give us more information, please. Gorgeous!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I like the luster of 2 & 3, but the colours and size match are not as good as 4. I like the suggestion of taking the right ones from 4 & 5 though as those are the two best in the lot for colour and size match.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like pair 4 best, followed by pair 1. The luster looks good in all three photos.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you girlfriends! We have a winner. Yeah I was deciding between 3 for the luster n 4 for the color too.

This is from an online vendor so no skin matching I'm afraid. Leap of faith or not I guess.

Background: Akoyas are from Pinctada imbricata, wssp n gssp from Pinctada maxima, tahitians from Pinctada margaritifera and SoC pearls from Pteria sterna. So Pteria penguin is from the same family as Pteria sterna (SoC) pearls.

"Mabe pearls that come from Pteria penguin are iridescent and may be in tones of light pink, blue and green."

I've been curious about Pteria penguin pearls for a while. Coupled with boredom while breastfeeding... Well, let's just say I've been browsing at thousands of pearls over these months.

Found these 4 Pteria penguin items that looked particularly more attractive to me...

1. Colorful rainbowish mabe earrings, 13 mm - the ones on poll here.

2. Drop pendant, 12 mm (by abt 25 mm)

image_2296.jpg

image_2297.jpg

3. Round pendant plain, 19 mm

image_2298.jpg

3. Round pendant with diamond setting, 17 mm

image_2299.jpg

What do you think? With a limited budget, which would you prioritize?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about that drop. :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I like the colors in the rounds more and they'd be a better match to #4 with the green overtones. I prefer the drop shape, though. Three rounds across would be terrific!

What are the settings/findings made of?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
MC, Fly Girl, Cmd, Bsomlo: Thanks for responding!

Well, initially I went gaga for the drop (the shape!), but then I'm more fascinated by the colours in the rounds... If there is a drop shaped pendant with colors like the rounds it's a no brainer... Or maybe it means that my search needs to continue.

Bsomlo: the settings are all in WG/with diamonds. Wasn't planning on both earrings and pendant so no need to be matchy I guess.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Well, then it probably means a continuing search... but I bet whichever you choose, any one of them will be delectable!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade - I love your pick of #4 studs and think it's a good idea to keep looking for the perfect round pendant (although I agree with everyone about the beauty of that drop!).

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
The pendants are all beautiful, but I like the drop best. Maybe because I've seen more mabes that are round than drop shaped. Whatever you choose, those are beautiful!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like both 3 and 4. Since you aren't getting them, would you mind sharing the source? Thanks :))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
#3 pearls get my vote for earrings and I love the last round pendant. GLD!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Than you everyone!

Yeah unfortunately these pearls failed my "gotta have them else I'll lose sleep" test. And so my hunt continues!

thecat|1410182593|3746933 said:
I like both 3 and 4. Since you aren't getting them, would you mind sharing the source? Thanks :))

Pm me at amodularlife AT hotmail DOT com

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1410185040|3746955 said:
Than you everyone!

Yeah unfortunately these pearls failed my "gotta have them else I'll lose sleep" test. And so my hunt continues!

thecat|1410182593|3746933 said:

Pm me at amodularlife AT hotmail DOT com

Will do. Thank you :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The drop shape is lovely, but I prefer the colors in the plain round pendant.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 would be my choice, closely followed by #3.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results