carat
color
clarity

Help - multi coloured strand from PP.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, :wavey:

I'm a long time PS CS poster but new to Pearls. I've been wearing some cheap ebay freshwater pearls for the past year or so and whilst I enjoy them but it's my 30th this year I thought might be time to get something special! :naughty:

I've done some reading on this forum and looked at PearlParadise - so far I love this one best: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-139-75-80-mm-multicolor-freshadama-freshwater-pearl-necklace.aspx as the different colours are so lovely and unique.

I want something with high luster and as I'm very pale skinned I thought plain white/cream might be too "bright" on me. Will try to go to a local jeweller and try some on myself.

Questions:
Do anyone have this stand from PP or something similar I could see?
Do I need to give more detail to PP about the colour mix etc? Would just love to see more photos of multi-coloured strands - especially neck shots so I can see what it's like in real life...
What kind of pearl would be best? I am little bit confused about the Freshwater & Freshadamas...(I live in Australia so cannot just call them)

Thanks in advance. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi hotpozzum, I have the exotic metallic freshwater pearls in that exact size and I love them. I am very pale too and I like the way it looks on my neck. It has a great metallic luster and really shines. HTH and happy 30th!

Freshadama is more round than freshwater with very high luster I believe and I usually buy the freshadama if I can but with these I don't think it was an option at that time and they are perfectly round to me anyway with a high luster. I would definitely specify what colors you are looking for and tell them your coloring so they can help you choose. I love silver pink on my pale skin.

ETA: I had them shorten the length for me to about 15 inches and I had them make drop earrings for me.

exoticmetallicfrompp.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

Thanks for your suprise - your pearls look absolutely lovely! In my lunch hour I popped down to Rutherfords and tried on a few strands to try out colours/lengths etc. They had a multicolour strand but it was much more contrasting colours ie. black, white & green so didn't look good on me at all!

The best strand on me was this one: http://www.rutherford.com.au/vintage-cream-freshwater-strand.html
7.5mm -8mm in size
16" length
"vintage cream" colour which was definitely not white, nor pink nor gold but cream. The colour thing is so hard to explain!
The luster was AMAZING :love: :love: These babies just glowed - really quite metalic. $450 which seems ok but obviously less would be better!

Can I ask for something with similar statistics from PP? ie. specify cream not white or pink :confused:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not use the Live Chat feature on PP? It's the next best thing to phoning and won't you cost a penny.

here are lots of pearls in their vault that are not on the website. PP will work with you to help you get the look you are seeking.

They will also email you photos of several strands so you can choose. Be as specific as possible and see what they can come up with!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Last year PP had cream metallics not bright white but a off white close to white but not quite. Email them and ask or do a live chat on line. Jeremy will be going to HonKong buying soon so if it is cream you want have them list it on his list of special orders. Many of us do that.

cream-metallic-strands.jpg

_14534.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have this in round and drop shapes. I am a blue eyed blonde and most of the colors are complimentary to my skin tones. Lavender, I love anyway. You may have a choice of dark or muted color strands. I always look for dark, but that's just me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freshadamas is PP's proprietary name for its top grade Cultured Freshwater Pearls (CFWPs), in terms of roundness, lustre, uniformity, matching etc. etc...

Buying Freshadamas is buying the best CFWPs that PP can offer, IMHO.

I had a double strand 8-9mm Freshadamas from PP, made for a special occasion (my late partner's funeral after his sudden death from an accident), worn once, and it is now sold, as it brings back too much unpleasant memories.

Here is a pic of my double Freshadamas:

freshadamadouble_01.jpg

When I have the means to do so, I shall replace it with 7-8mm METALLIC Freshadamas from PP, already got the clasp for it. They are in very short supply, therefore, I may have to ask Jeremy et al nicely to put me on the waiting list. :naughty:

DK :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add that Catherine Cardellini is in Australia and has amazing pearls. They're not freshadama grade as she specializes in unusual colors and textures. She has an amazing eye for putting together great strands. http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com..

This is my multi-color strand purchased from Catherine. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-22-multicolor-strand.172100/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-22-multicolor-strand.172100/[/URL]

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum - I don't have any Freshadamas from PP but I do have quite a few other pearl items from them and I can't recommend them enough. I agree with some of the others - use their online Chat feature and they'll be able to help you with your options and email you choices. Good luck and let us know what you get!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful cream and white strands ladies ! Just gorgeous and so classic.

If you warn multicoloured I'm sure that PP would send you a photo of any strand you are interested in and I pretty sure that Wendy at Pearlescence also had some multi coloured strands . But ask for a photo from wherever you find a likely strand ..and you can compare . The colours are often darker in photos so they might be more pale irl. I'm overseas ATM so can't help you out. Good luck !!

Ps. Good idea going out and trying on a few necklaces .. It will give you a good idea on the length as well ..what is the most practical and flattering . Also good to get earrings at same tome .. Can match them up easily then.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear just spend the whole night looking at Catherine's website - think this may be a new weakness for me! :naughty:

I like this one http://www.catherinecardellinipearl...ds=1129&currency=AUD&sorted=length&showSold=2 and this one: http://www.catherinecardellinipearl...ds=1147&currency=AUD&sorted=length&showSold=2 although they are not "perfect round/blemish free" etc I still think they look amazing and nice to buy locally too.

I'll send her an email - thanks again for all your help. Will come back with photos once I've picked & bought something. :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Catherine is wonderful to work with. She responds with lightening speed and is very funny. (Catherine, if you are reading, I'm sending you a wave!) You can't go wrong with either PP or CC -- keep us posted.

Oh, one comment. I have a 45" multi-color AAA necklace from PP and the colors are pastel, muted, and NOT contrasting at all. The overall look is palest pink. So make sure you are getting the contrast, or lack of contrast, you envision.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
HotPozzum,

If you are in Melbourne city during the day and are near Rutherfords I am up the road and can bring in my range of Catherine Cardellini pearls and my multicolour PP strand to show you. It might help.

I know how hard it is to tell what pearls look like in real life.

Fiona

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
caro40 -- What a nice gesture! A fellow PSer mailed me one of her CC ripple necklaces to try and that really helped me figure out what I liked and wanted.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catherine is a great source for what you're looking for! In any case, more people nowadays are appreciating not-white, not-perfectly-round pearls.

Here is a reliable seller from China (she is a member of the other pearl forum) who has very nice round FWP, if you still prefer that look: http://harmonypearls.com/

caro40

Shiny_Rock
They're gorgeous! Lovely choice.
Offer is still open any later time if you want (because you won't be able to stop). Just ask Cathy for my contact details if the mood strikes, I must I have fifteen strands from her now! All wonderful different types.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HP- they look beautiful! Please post neck shots when you get them. Nice choice. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It is a dreamy strand. I look forward to seeing it on your neck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results