shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick out studs!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking about getting a pair of metallic studs to complement my multicolored keshi strand from PP (picture attached). I don't want them to match exactly but I don't want them to clash either.

So what do you think of these?
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-1652-70-80-mm-exotic-freshwater-pearl-stud-earrings.aspx
Would any of these work? If so, which ones? I'm wondering about both the color and the shape though I like the idea of non-matching shapes but I'm certainly open to hearing otherwise. Also, in terms of the size, the necklace is 7-9mm, do you think 7-8 or 8-9mm would work best for the studs? Thanks!

keshi_2013_462.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
DId you get one of the special keshi necklaces from PP? They are beautiful. I like to wear similar shapes so I would vote for keshi studs or dangles. I am sure round will look good and go with other pearls you may already own. Welcome to the forum.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with NacreLover. If you have other pearls then maybe you should get rounds to match what you have otherwise keishi dangles would be cute! What color pearls do you own?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I find that my peach to pink round freshwater studs from Pearl Paradise go with most every multi-colored Chinese freshwater strand. Round white freshwater studs would look great with that keshi rope as well.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I bought that strand, also! Now I want to wear it tomorrow! I have keshi stud earrings that I think I've worn with it. I also like to wear contrasting pearl shapes. I'd wear smooth drops with the keshi necklace. I think I'll actually pair it with my smooth metallic lavender drops next time I wear it...

Good question. I'll be interested to read what others think.

I just remembered, I've paired it with POJ metallic drops and doubled the necklace and wore a POJ metallic drop strand with it, also. The contrasting, yet complimentary shapes and metallic colors worked well together.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I got the keshi strand a few months ago, when they had their Black Friday/Christmas sale. I like it a lot and find myself wearing it often so thought some earrings to go with it would be a good idea. I definitely don't want them to look like a matching set, which is why I'm looking into the round ones rather than the keshi earrings. Just trying to figure out if any of the metallic studs would go with them. I emailed PP, so hopefully, they'll have some suggestions.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
alene|1399589930|3668667 said:
Thanks guys! I got the keshi strand a few months ago, when they had their Black Friday/Christmas sale. I like it a lot and find myself wearing it often so thought some earrings to go with it would be a good idea. I definitely don't want them to look like a matching set, which is why I'm looking into the round ones rather than the keshi earrings. Just trying to figure out if any of the metallic studs would go with them. I emailed PP, so hopefully, they'll have some suggestions.

I would go with the 8-9mm rounds and choose the color that would look best with your skin tone. Lavender would be my first choice :love: Good luck deciding!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Voila -- teamed up PP keshi rope doubled and POJ metallic drop necklaces with PP lavender drop earrings:

pp_lavender_drops_earrings_with_pp_keshi_and_poj_metallic_drop_necklaces.jpg

pp_metallic_keshi_with_poj_metallic_0.jpg

Jcat

Rough_Rock
I would suggest the 8-9mm as well. I just received the silver lavender metallic exotic studs in the 7-8 mm and after looking at your picture wearing the necklace I think the 8-9 would be a good size.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Jcat, your post demands ear shots! Or if you prefer, ear shots, please.

Jcat

Rough_Rock
They are actually a gift for my Mom for mother's day. I haven't worn earrings for years as they really hurt my ears for some reason (even the gold ones). I will take some pictures of them tomorrow though. The color looks quite different from the lavender drops you posted. (Yours are beautiful by the way!)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bsolmo, thanks for the picture! The lavender drops look fabulous with your keshi!
Jcat, I'd love to see yours too!
I'm leaning toward the lavender ones too but it's hard to tell what they look like from the Pictures on their website. Sounds like 8-9mm should be a good size. Still waiting to hear back from PP, I may just have to give them a call.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

Jcat, your (and your mom's) new pearls are beautiful! I went back and forth between lavender and peach for a while and ended up ordering the silver peach studs since my strand seems to be more on the peachy side. They should be here in a few days.

Jcat

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I hope you will post pictures of the peach earrings. I am sure they will be gorgeous.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Will do! They've just shipped and should arrive in a couple of days. I finally heard back from PP and silver peach was the ones they recommended. Hoping I made the right choice.

Jcat|1399948270|3671449 said:
Thanks. I hope you will post pictures of the peach earrings. I am sure they will be gorgeous.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The studs arrived yesterday so, as promised, here are some pictures. The peachy color is much more subtle than the color of the keshi strand and really obvious only in diffuse lighting or under incandescent lights. In the sun, they look almost white. I went with the 7-8mm size and have to say it's as big as I'd like for daily wear. I did ask for closer to 8mm though.

img_4612.jpg

img_0701.jpg

img_4613.jpg

img_0684.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
So are you happy with the color, or would you prefer a darker peach?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm happy with the color on its own but I think I was hoping for a slightly better match with the keshis. But now I'm also not sure the two shapes go together. My husband thought it was a weird combo of funky and conservative that doesn't quite work. What do you guys think? I probably will just wear them separately.

bsomlo|1400355845|3675032 said:
So are you happy with the color, or would you prefer a darker peach?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like the rounds with the keshi! I think the different shapes are complimentary and enhance the opposite quality of each (organic bumpy and perfectly smooth). I also think the colors are nice together but you have to be pleased! It's all about what makes you happy!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
alene - If you like them together I say keep them! But if you bought them to go together and you're not going to wear them that way I think you may want to look for a different pair. Personally I wear different shapes together, today it's baroque and drop Tahitians in my necklace with round Tahitian studs.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think the round studs go beautifully with your keshi rope. You captured the color nicely in the photo with the studs in the presentation box and the rope laying across the box. The earrings have a tone that is in the rope. It has one of the lighter tones, and does not have the darker tones, but the colors definitely go together.

When I pair up earrings and necklaces, I look for one matching element to tie the two together. It might be pearl shape, or color, or just the overall feel of the design. For example, today I am wearing a pendant with black jade, and I'm pairing it with a pearl drop on a black leather bracelet and wearing a yellow diamond ring that has a hammered band of blackened silver.

You could have earrings made with keshi, but I would suggest keeping the round studs, and getting the keshi made as dangles to change up the look a bit.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the feedback, I really appreciate it! I wore the studs with the keshi strand together this weekend and I think the look is really growing on me. I'm definitely keeping the studs regardless. I suspect I'll wear them with and without the strand.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Your studs will go with pretty much any and everything. I think you'll get a ton of use out of them!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1400534974|3676306 said:
I think the round studs go beautifully with your keshi rope. You captured the color nicely in the photo with the studs in the presentation box and the rope laying across the box. The earrings have a tone that is in the rope. It has one of the lighter tones, and does not have the darker tones, but the colors definitely go together.

When I pair up earrings and necklaces, I look for one matching element to tie the two together. It might be pearl shape, or color, or just the overall feel of the design. For example, today I am wearing a pendant with black jade, and I'm pairing it with a pearl drop on a black leather bracelet and wearing a yellow diamond ring that has a hammered band of blackened silver.

You could have earrings made with keshi, but I would suggest keeping the round studs, and getting the keshi made as dangles to change up the look a bit.

^^^^^^^This! Well said Fly Girl!

Your studs are absolutely lovely :love: :love: :love: I bet the size will grow on you and you might actually even think they are on the small side after awhile :wink2: I purchased my 8.6 mm akoya studs from PP last year and I thought they were huge! Later that year I bought 11-12mm studs and now my akoyas seem very small :lol: I still love my akoyas though and find they are just right for everyday/more casual dress. Enjoy your new pearls!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah alene! I'm glad your pearls are growing on you. Sometimes it just takes a little time! And I agree with the others you'll wear those earrings a lot. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results