shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me critique?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Lunar

I''d love to have a strand of Tahitian''s, but neither my pocketbook or lifestyle would support them. What do you think of this strand from Pearl Lunar as a substitute. Please be critical! Thnx.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Uppy, I found the PearlLunar ones to be pretty much just black with no iridescence, least the strand I got is. I don''t wear it. The best dyed black pearls I''ve gotten have been from Stachura Wholesalers, their peacock colors. Some are a bit too purple to look Tahitian but they''re gorgeous. I tend to string them with the greenish ones in the center and the purpler ones on the ends. I have a $5 string of like 7mm rice shaped dyed peacock ones from them that I wear with my baroque Tahitian strand a lot, and they actually look ridiculously close. The Tahitians have a bit more natural variation in each pearl, and a bit less purple. And they''re bigger, of course.

I think you might have to have a resale number to buy from Stachura though.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 12:49:28 PM
Author:Upgradable
Pearl Lunar

I''d love to have a strand of Tahitian''s, but neither my pocketbook or lifestyle would support them. What do you think of this strand from Pearl Lunar as a substitute. Please be critical! Thnx.
If you call Pearl Paradise and tell them the overtones you''re looking for, they can pick out a nice black freshwater strand for you. For example: http://www.pearlparadise.com/Full-Set-of-70-80-mm-Black-Freshwater-Pearls59.aspx

If you want Tahitians, have you thought of getting a tin cup necklace or pendant? http://www.pearlparadise.com/Pearl-Tin-Cup-Necklaces179.aspx
If you request AA+ quality and a silver chain, it should bring the cost down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results