shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a new to Pearls lady out!!

sani987cece

Rough_Rock
So, I am a gemstone girl, but I love pearls.. LURVE them. I had a beautiful set of nice gray yummy Tahitian studs that my husband bought 6 years ago.. since then my oldest daughter, has borrowed and lost one of..

I want to get back into buying pearls again.. but I coveting a nice dark, black set of Tahitian studs... Point me in the right direction please. Local stores sell overpriced akoyas and are box stores.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mine2015. The "Trusted Vendors" sticky at the top of the page is a good place to start. :)

Q

Queenie60

Try Tahitianpearls.biz They have very beautiful tahitian pearls. And of course, the vendor list.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought from and can highly recommend Kamoka, Pearls of Joy and Pearl Paradise.

Also, I know you said you want a black pair. Although Tahitians are called 'black pearls' they actually come in all sorts of beautiful and crazy colours. The body colour of the pearls range from white (rare) to various shades of grey to green. But it's the beautiful overtones that make the pearls truly exceptional. Think bright blue greens, aubergine, cherry, true blue (rare), silver, peacock etc. See the Kamoka website for great examples of the range of colours Tahitians come in.

I recommend doing some research and deciding what colour you want! I personally would not request a black pair when there are so manny fabulous colours available.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trusted vendor list is pretty comprehensive about the where to look.

If you still have the one pearl earring, I might suggest giving Pearl Paradise a call to see if they can match it for you. You never know. It would be nice to have the set back (and a brand new pair too of course).

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1473826176|4076227 said:

If you still have the one pearl earring, I might suggest giving Pearl Paradise a call to see if they can match it for you. You never know. It would be nice to have the set back (and a brand new pair too of course).

Or, perhaps they could turn the remaining pearl into a pendant.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1473866888|4076419 said:
cmd2014|1473826176|4076227 said:

Or, perhaps they could turn the remaining pearl into a pendant.

Or even a ring!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have seen some Tahitian pearls that looked black as in "like a bowling ball," but I'm guessing you mean dark body color, as opposed to grey. I think it would be hard to go wrong if you asked for dark pearls with peacock overtones (which means both green and rose overtones, if you don't now). They are very popular.

Pearl Paradise is always one good place to start because they are so large. If you know what size you want and ask them (or anyone else) for photos of a few pearl pairs of whatever you've got it narrowed down to so far, we'll be glad to weigh in!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
If you want really black pearls, look into black Akoyas. They are dark and shiny! But keep in mind that they are dyed, while Tahitians are natural colors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results