shape
carat
color
clarity

Heiarii Earrings from Kamoka

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
While at the Ruckus, I saw Pattye wearing a pair of intriguing earrings. They were hand-carved Kamoka mother-of-pearl earrings and I asked where she'd gotten them. Well, low-and-behold Josh and Celeste were standing right there by the refrigerator and I asked if they had more of these. They said they could make a few more and voila -- they became available last night!

I snagged the last pair of 4 available last night!

Here's the description:

Heiarii, one of our all-time favorite members of the Kamoka crew, designed the carvings on these lustrous and colorful rectangles of Kamoka mother of pearl. The patterns are not only distinctly Polynesian, but are a unique work from this local Ahe artist.

Each piece has a pale silvery, 9mm slightly baroque pearl dangling from the bottom from a Sterling silver wire wrap, and the earrings hang on Sterling silver ear wires. The mother of pearl shows off the intense color spectrum of Tahitian pearls from iridescent white and bronze to bright green, pinks and blues.

The earrings measure 55mm (2.2 inches) from the base of the ear wire.

The question is -- where are the other 3 pairs? Are they going home to any of you?!

kamoka_heiarii_earrings_2.jpg

kamoka_heiarii_earrings_1.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Heiarii Earring from Kamoka

wow, didn't know such a thing existed: I love them! they are definitely "me"!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an interesting design. They're not going home with me as I've never seen them. Ruckus certainly brings out unusual pearl designs.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was fortunate enough to see these in person and they're really lovely! Great purchase, bsomlo!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I saw them at the ruckus as well. They are quite lovely. The mother of pearl and the carving is beautiful.

I held one of Pattye's earrings and decided they would be a bit too heavy for me. While the pearl experts at the ruckus insisted that they are light, and I'm sure they are for most, I like my earrings light, light, super-light. One little mop square would be my limit when you have a pearl there as well.

Thanks to Josh and Celeste for making a few more pairs available. They didn't last long.

Great job snagging those, bsomlo. They are so beautiful. :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I almost bought those!! I swear they were the last pair available! But I wanted to keep some funds available for this upcoming sale at PP!!! I am really glad you got them!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Please post a lot of ear shots!!!!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you snagged the last pair, Bsomlo! I saw the carvings at the Ruckus, too, and they were so cool. We needs lots of ear shots!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! They are such unique earrings! I love them!!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats and enjoy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They arrived and they exceeded my expectations! The carving is more delicate than I remembered and the colors are delightful and ever-changing. Sometimes they look silver, other times black! And the iridescence on the mother-of-pearl -- yum! Fly Girl -- they are super light, believe it or not. I'm talking light-as-a-feather light.

AND, I think they pair wonderfully with my new Tahitian strand!

heiarii_1.jpg

heiarii_2.jpg

heiarii_with_pp_tahitian_strand.jpg

heiarii_detail.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
DH is working from home and said they are "long", which they are. I want to wear a long flowing skirt and lacy top with them! (Confection's gorgeous white ruffled top would be perfect!)

Only for you guys did I take a couple of ear shots, post-gym with frizzy hair and t-shirt... more pictures another time:

PS -- Celeste said they will be working with Heiarii and mother of pearl in the future!

ear_shot_6.jpg

ear_shot_7.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A-MA-ZING! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Those look like they were designed to go with your new necklace! In fact, they look like they were designed to be worn in Tahiti around a bonfire in a flowing outfit (maybe including Confection's blouse)...which of course means that you will simply have to go ASAP! (pearls should have locations as accessories, no?)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And here are some back shots. BTW, they make such a pleasant clinking sound as the pearl brushes against the mother-of-pearl:

back_1.jpg

back_2.jpg

back_3.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous, bsomlo, and look perfect with your new Tahitian necklace.

Slowly, slowly, you are coming over to the dark side of pearls... :cheeky: :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They do go wonderfully with your new tahitian strand! :appl:

You know, I think you'll look fab in peacock (Tahitians). :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
look great with your strand!

and divine on you!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here are the earrings and new Tahitian necklace together:

melon_dress_1.jpg

melon_dress_2.jpg

melon_dress_3.jpg

ear_and_neck_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am sickened at how gorgeous those are!! JUST SICK!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :wall: :wall: :wall:

They are so unique and look positively perfect with your recent tahitian strand!!!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
Your earrings look so good with your strand. I love it, I bet you get lots of compliments.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
bsomlo|1409945071|3745577 said:
They arrived and they exceeded my expectations! The carving is more delicate than I remembered and the colors are delightful and ever-changing. Sometimes they look silver, other times black! And the iridescence on the mother-of-pearl -- yum! Fly Girl -- they are super light, believe it or not. I'm talking light-as-a-feather light.

AND, I think they pair wonderfully with my new Tahitian strand!

Bsomlo,

Soooo glad you got a pair of these! The carving and translucent quality are so beautiful! As everyone has commented, they look amazing on you!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Pattye -- I'm so glad to have joined your club! Could you add an earshot of yours to this thread?! Or at least a photo of your pair.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new pictures, bsomlo! I really like the length on these earrings.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ah, so glad you got the last pair of those earrings! I had my finger on the button for a while LOL ... I too would love a pair of these a bit shorter, maybe one or two squares. Have fun wearing them :clap:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi -- Celeste said they were planning to continue making mother-of-pearl earrings. When you are ready, you could contact them and ask if they can make you a smaller version. Keep us posted if you move forward.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, those are ggorrrrgeous :lickout: . At first they didn't make me feel wow. But now, on You, they have huge WOW factor :clap: :clap: . Enjoy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your honesty. I think the glamour shots do them no justice. I'm wearing hand-carvings made from Kamoka's shells with all their color and luster and iridescence. Very cool. And the sound they make is so pleasant.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I almost hear that clinking from Your shots. I hope I'll see them very often :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have a great eye for picking pearl jewelry that goes well together. I too wasn't enamored of the earrings at first but paired with that strand they are perfect! Love the colors, carvings and the glow!

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Your earrings are truly beautiful! Very interesting and special. They look great on you and I love them with the necklace!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!!! And SO pretty with your Tahitian strand!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results