shape
carat
color
clarity

Gorgeous Goldens!

Enchante

Rough_Rock
I have this trio of gorgeous goldens, and while they are beautiful and unblemished with mirror-like lustre, the unique thing about them is that they have pinkish tones!

This set of goldies with pinkish tones is the first I've seen in long while, the only other time I have seen pinkish tones on goldies is in Myanmar, at a Yangon Pearl dealer. The Goldies from Philippines and Indonesia do not have any pink tones.

So when my Japanese pearl guy showed them to me, I had to have them and got them immediately.

However, here's the conundrum: they have been sitting pretty in the drawer for the past 6 months, what would be the best settings for them?

Pair: 12.40mm
Single: 12.88mm

Earring + cocktail Ring, OR, Earring + pendant, OR, Ultra-statement Ring, OR, Ultra-statement necklace?

goldies.jpg

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Well, for your beautiful pearls those are all good choices. I like the idea of a statement necklace, but I also think big golden orb earrings could be stunning (like Angelina Jolie's SSP studs). Nice dilemma :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are very pretty! I would do an interesting necklace - something like a lariat with the 3 pearls at the bottom.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

precious_raat

Rough_Rock
They are absolutely gorgeous.. the pair would look nice as simple earring studs, while the other one would look nice as pendant set in orbs.

I am eyeing the golden pearl earring studs in blue nile , not sure if they will look as good.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Precious-ratt, The blue nile pearls are ungraded. Do you really want to spend that much with out a grading report? Many other places at least let you know what you're buying and a look at the exact pair your going to get.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Enchante, Beautiful trio. The overtone on the lone pearl is exceptional. If we all get to vote, I vote pendant. These look so lovely together that it would be a shame to move it so far away from the earrings. I can just imagine that set on a person, all three in the same 12inch space. You are one fortunate pearl girl.

Enchante

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions, I did consider the following:

Baby monster: lariat necklace was my first thought too, and I went to investigate the mikimoto 'pearls in motion' necklace, but to do that style, you'll have to drill tunnel sized holes into pearls! That thought was simply horrifying to me....

4 ranch girl: I have gone through your pearl thread multiple times, love love love your collection! I hope I am able to garner a collection as fine as yours one day.

Nacrelover: pendant might be the way to go! By the way, thoroughly enjoyed both yours and 4 ranchgirl's reports of the pearl Rackus, you are both so lucky to have been invited to attend, the ideal of gaining access to a pearl vault just makes my heart skip!

let me go read browse through more jewellery magazines to gain more inspiration and report back later!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
:love: wow! Your reflection is crystal clear on the pearls especially the bigger one! My god they are to die for! I would wear them everyday! I agree that they would make a beautiful pendant. It's going to turn heads! But I'm greedy :tongue: so I'd probably make them into a pair or plain studs that shows off nothing but the pearls, plus a very big blingy Jewelmer type of ring.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow :)
I would do a ring with one of them. You would have to be careful with it. But it will be fun to be able to see it when you wear it! And I love the look of large pearl studs. Such a nice trio.

Enchante

Rough_Rock
GreenBling: Jewelmar was my first inspiration source! I am really quite taken by their statement rings, especially those designs with pave diamonds and sapphires :love:

Innerkitten: i love bling, but these pearls are beautiful on their own too, so maybe studs, together with a diamond jacket, so I have option of wearing with or without diamonds?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Enchante, gorgeous indeed! As were your white south sea ones. I think I'd go with dangle earrings and a ring or else all three on a bracelet. My reason is that way you can see them and enjoy them when you're wearing them. It seems so unfair that the pretties are only on display for everyone else and the one who paid for them has to take them off or stand in front of a mirror to see. Please post more! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results