shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Wife- pearls

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone here watch the good wife? I just love the pearls they use. Diane's in particular are amazing. I wonder where they get them from????

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly what you mean! Aren't they just spectacular pieces?! I'd love to know where they came from. They're always so enormous but elegant- very much in keeping with the character.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I wonder are they supplied by PP????
They are lovely bean- if only I could (even) afford them...
She also wears some amazing Tahitians.
By the way, even besides the pearls I love the good wife!

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
there is a cool website out there called find that style and they aim to identify the clothes and jewelry on tv and the big screen or just trend setting style. They too have been attempting to locate "the good wife" pearls hehe.
http://findthatstyle.com/item/48580

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
ha posted nearly the same time.

fts-kev

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

Saw the traffic coming from this page (to Findthatstyle.com) so I backtracked to see what the deal was. First, thanks for the plug! Secondly, based on this thread I at least found some similar matches for these pearls (some are pretty dang affordable - not sure of the quality though). Also if anyone has a better link or closer results, please share it on that page so we can post it for the world :bigsmile:

We don't make our money off commission (or we could in theory, but it just hasn't happened) so we'll take any link (even if it makes you money) just for the sake of knowledge sharing.

Also I did notice one of the other links earlier on the thread didn't really fit with what Christine (actress) is wearing in this shot:

http://findthatstyle.com/scene/25662.

Notice if you zoom on the pic (right click and hold to zoom), those are irregular/baroque pearls (notice the irregular shape) - and very likely uncultured. The link earlier appeared to be for cultured "perfect" pearls. Just thought that was worth mentioning!

Cheers,
Kevin @ FTS

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Funny that we posted the same link at the same time treenbean.
Kevin- I am relatively new to this, but I don t think the fact that they are baroques means they are uncultured. The vast majority of pearls are cultured these days, the fact that they are baroque or not perfectly smooth and round doesn't indicate otherwise.

fts-kev

Rough_Rock
Very good point mousey ;)) That's why I tried to emphasize the baroque/irregular part - you can seed a (cultured) pearl with anything obviously.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Ok I called the braodway stages (where good wife shoots) and got the number for good wife production offices. I called there and asked to speak to the costumes department but they are on hiatus.
But the guy at production said he will call the costumes director and ask her, and call me back. No idea how long that might take, but we might know soon.
I have a good friend who is a set decorator. I asked her to find out for me and she got me the broadway stages info.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I don't see why this is such a mystery ?

Can't you just ask Catherine Cardellini or Sarah at Kojima to make them for you?

I must be missing something . . . :confused:

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Well...... I am not sure you are missing something! I don t want to buy anything. I just posted this as I was interested to know whether someone had an idea where they sourced their pearls from. Is that a problem?
PS is an educational forum for consumers interested in jewelry, right?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
mousey|1306346550|2930005 said:
Well...... I am not sure you are missing something! I don t want to buy anything. I just posted this as I was interested to know whether someone had an idea where they sourced their pearls from. Is that a problem?
PS is an educational forum for consumers interested in jewelry, right?

Ohhhhhhhhh!

I thought you wanted to buy them!

I get it now . . . :twirl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/community/blogs/blog.php?key=3

Diane has some kick ass jewelry. What were some of the pieces she she wore in the episode.
From the beginning of the series, Christine Baranski, who plays Diane, and I wanted Diane to have a wonderful jewelry collection. We wanted pieces that feel more like estate jewelry as well as pieces that are modern and sleek. The jewelry on Diane gives her a very finished and polished look - like she's really got it all together. The trick, however, is not to overdo the jewelry or accessories. We usually end up taking one piece off before Christine goes to camera to get it just right! One of the more fabulous pieces she wore in the episode was a 4 strand pearl necklace with a silver and rhinestone floral closure by Kenneth Jay Lane. Also by Kenneth Jay Lane is a tri-metal chain neckalce in silver, gold, and pewter. Diane also wore a multi-strand silver chain necklace by Ralph Lauren which was paired with vintage "diamond" and pearl (white and Tahitian) earrings.

florry

Rough_Rock
iLander|1306326925|2929816 said:
I don't see why this is such a mystery ?

Can't you just ask Catherine Cardellini or Sarah at Kojima to make them for you?

I must be missing something . . . :confused:
It is so beautiful pearls

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results