shape
carat
color
clarity

Good place to buy pearl earrings in San Francisco

statbook28

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I am going to SF for my honeymoon, and would like to surprise my future bride by taking her someplace to buy pearl earring. Does anyone know of a good store in SF?

Thanks!

Honestly, if you can make it to Los Angeles I recommend Pearl Paradise........ I would recommend them even if you were just buying online too.

I do know that you have to schedule an appointment ahead of time.

I looked on google maps and it said it's about a 6-7 hr drive... not fun... I know.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah of Kojima Pearl is in Oakland. You can email or call her for an appointment. She has many more things than just on her site.
www.kojimapearl.com

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a memorable experience and an heirloom to be purchased, I would probably just go to someone who carries Mikimoto. There are a couple of places in SF if you do a location search for CA on the Mikimoto site. It will be expensive but nice quality. I buy from Pearl Paradise because I am happy with top quality freshwater pearls and they are very inexpensive. But ordering from the internet isn't exactly as fun as going to pick something out together!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I live in So Cal and spent spring break in San Franascosco with my teenage son. We made an appointment with Sarah a Kojima and had just the most wonderful hour there on Thursday. I am glad I did not spend more than a hour looking at her beautiful pearls because I did enough damage to my bank account. I will be posting in a couple of days my pruchases there when Sarah sends me the pictures. I am totally pleased with what I bought and she was so helpful and attentive. I know you would have a wonderful experience there too.

statbook28

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help. I am looking into Mikimoto pearls. I have another question. When purchasing an earring and necklace set, should all the pearls be the same size or should the earrings be bigger? And if so, how much bigger?

Thanks.

You can do either.... I recommend doing the same size pearls if they look right on the ears, or larger if she has larger earlobes. Smaller (IMO) would look weird for studs.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The Shreve and co sells Mikimoto pearls. They are downtown near Union Square.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results