shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea studs from SJGF

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Decided not to threadjack Icy Jade's thread so this goes here.

Made my way down to this year's SJGF after I've hit a satisfactory word count on my thesis. While I was shopping around for small things to gift, I saw this pair at one of the vendors. Since my mother's birthday was around the corner, the price was one I was happy to pay (I am a poor college student, so that says a lot XD) and the pearls themselves were beautiful, I bought them and got them set on the spot. They are a pair of 9mm gSSP drops, set as post earrings.

2015-10-24_19.jpg

Here they are hanging out on my laptop...this picture makes them seem more gold than they actually are, perhaps because of the dark background.

2015-10-24_19_0.jpg

And here they are on my hand. Sorry for the blurred picture, but the color is lovely on those.

No earshots because I don't actually have ear holes. ^^;

And I don't have pictures, but there were a bunch of Hanadama Akoyas that was lying on a table at the booth that I was secretly lusting over... the luster on those were to die for X_X Guess I know what necklace I should go for after my first job...

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Michellechan, good to hear you managed to go down and find something. Is your handshot the more accurate colour? So Arkhe drilled the pearls for you on the spot?
It is always fun to go to jewellery fairs - love the eye candy (regardless of whether I buy anything).

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
YC|1445696789|3941607 said:
Michellechan, good to hear you managed to go down and find something. Is your handshot the more accurate colour? So Arkhe drilled the pearls for you on the spot?
It is always fun to go to jewellery fairs - love the eye candy (regardless of whether I buy anything).

Yes, the handshot is the more accurate color. And yes, they got it drilled and set on the spot. Had to wait 15-20 minutes-ish but I was cool with admiring the eye candy while standing there. XD;

And I know- I wish I had thought to take pictures. The regrets are real.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So sweet of you to get the studs for your mum. Do post ear shots if you can k (if your mum doesn't mind)?

Usually the vendors are quite willing to let you take pics if you ask nicely. I've seldom been refused. Those who are nasty/snotty I usually won't bother patronising...

There are hanadamas at every fair. Do also check out natural white akoyas when you wanna take the plunge. Those look really white against my skin tone unlike the pinked hanadamas that look duller. :))

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hadanamas.... I was trying my best to avert my eyes to avoid seeing those. There are too many things to buy! The luster on those pearls is amazing.
Has your mom received her SS earrings yet?

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade|1445768691|3941869 said:
So sweet of you to get the studs for your mum. Do post ear shots if you can k (if your mum doesn't mind)?

Usually the vendors are quite willing to let you take pics if you ask nicely. I've seldom been refused. Those who are nasty/snotty I usually won't bother patronising...

There are hanadamas at every fair. Do also check out natural white akoyas when you wanna take the plunge. Those look really white against my skin tone unlike the pinked hanadamas that look duller. :))

I will try to get in earshots as soon as I can! And noted about the vendors allowing pictures!

YC said:
Hadanamas.... I was trying my best to avert my eyes to avoid seeing those. There are too many things to buy! The luster on those pearls is amazing.
Has your mom received her SS earrings yet?

The lustre on the hanadamas were amazing! and yes, but I kinda need to bug her to wear them so I can provide shots... its been crazy busy about these parts X_X

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results