shape
carat
color
clarity

Freshadama vs AAA Metallic

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That is true, my strand is more silver and 4RG's has a rose` overtone.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
dk168 - I didn't win either but if I had that strand would be on it's way to me! It is stunning and the size of the pearls is outstanding!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1387298206|3576137 said:
UPS did not show up at my house until late last evening and I debated wether or not to open the box from PP containing a strand of 8.5-9mm Freshadamas and a strand of 7-8mm AAA metallic white freshwaters. I was afraid that since they were so cold (it was literally freezing outside) and it was so dark (only florescent lighting inside) that I would be disappointed with the pearls. Of course i gave in and opened the box within 5 minutes :lol: I have zero patience when it comes to waiting for pearls and I had already waited over a week to see these.

My first impression was astonishment! Even through the bubble wrap and plastic bags I could see how lustrous the pearls were. The Freshadamas took my breath away! The metallics are also gorgeous, but they are smaller and more Akoya like. I am a wSS girl all the way :love: I just love the more satiny luster of my wSS pearls, which the Freshadamas were closer to (no substitute mind you). The funny thing is that I have been insisting that I am a saltwater pearl girl, but I haven't seen high quality freshwater pearls before...these have definitely changed my mind :twirl:

Enough rambling, here are the photos :snore:

freshadama_vs_metallic.jpg
Freshadamas left and metallic fw right
pearls_a_m_f.jpg
8.5-9mm Freshadamas left, 7-8mm metallic fw, 5.5-6mm AAA akoya rope

Adding more photos now...

Wow! I would have expected the metallics to be better but from what I can see, at least with these two necklaces, the freshadamas look amazing. I even see some pretty pink orient or overtone in one of the photos. They are very nice pearls!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures! Keep us posted on the eventual finished pieces.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you innerkitten. Yes, the Freshadmama strand is amazingly beautiful :love:

Thank you bsomlo, I hope the next size up are just as beautiful! I've still got that triple strand on my mind...after seeing these lovely freshwaters, it will definitely be a priority next year!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I'm grateful for this thread, because on my wishlist is a string of 9-9.5mm freshadamas: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-145-90-95-mm-white-freshadama-freshwater-pearl-necklace.aspx

I like the metallic, too, but they don't come in larger sizes. I actually went and tried on pearls in Macy's the other day just for size purposes, and I really liked the sizes 9 and 10mm. Can't wait ti be able to get those in the link above from PP! Thanks for the pix!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Smith1942|1387530538|3577957 said:
I'm grateful for this thread, because on my wishlist is a string of 9-9.5mm freshadamas: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-145-90-95-mm-white-freshadama-freshwater-pearl-necklace.aspx

I like the metallic, too, but they don't come in larger sizes. I actually went and tried on pearls in Macy's the other day just for size purposes, and I really liked the sizes 9 and 10mm. Can't wait ti be able to get those in the link above from PP! Thanks for the pix!

Happy to help :geek: I am sure you will love the larger freshadamas when you get them, they will be worth the wait!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Litgeek, So, what did you decide to do with these pearls? Are there more colors and sizes coming your way?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Incredible! Thanks for the side by side--when I checked the freshadamas next to AA akoyas in the PP showroom, I literally could not tell them apart--usually, I can spot the different easily, and sometimes with a little more inspection. It was just about impossible with the freshadamas. I think the AAA may have been brighter, but I don't remember at the moment.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1387909887|3580032 said:
Litgeek, So, what did you decide to do with these pearls? Are there more colors and sizes coming your way?

Hi NL :wavey: I have 3 strands of freshadamas here now to choose from: silver (8-9mm), silver rose (9-9.5mm), and soft rose (9-9.5mm). The soft rose jumped out at me right away, so those are the ones I will be keeping :twirl: I have family in town for the Holidays, but I will try to snap photos of them before I send them back.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
IndyLady|1387922369|3580124 said:
Incredible! Thanks for the side by side--when I checked the freshadamas next to AA akoyas in the PP showroom, I literally could not tell them apart--usually, I can spot the different easily, and sometimes with a little more inspection. It was just about impossible with the freshadamas. I think the AAA may have been brighter, but I don't remember at the moment.

Luck you that you got to visit "The Vault"! :mrgreen:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, pictures, please! Always great to see them side-by-side!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of photos. The dot patches you can see in the pearls are a reflection from my iphone case :geek: These are some very lustrous pearls :love:

Earrings from top: 11-12mm wSS studs and 8.5-9mm natural white hanadama akoya studs
Strands from top: 9-9.5mm freshadama soft rose overtones, 9-9.5mm freshadama silver rose overtones, 8-9mm freshadama silver overtones (these were not quite metallic to be metallics, but they are close!)
soft_rose_freshadama_comparison.jpg

I can only see a very subtle difference in the overtones of the freshadamas. All three strands are amazing and a very close match to my natural white akoya studs. Because they aren't right next to each other when worn, they still look SO pretty with my wSS earrings.

Blue Green Kamoka Tahitian Studs with strand of AAA Dyed Black Freshwaters from PP
tahitians_and_dyed.jpg

These are really lovely, but I won't be keeping them. I am taking 4 Ranch Girl's advice (thank you :wavey: ) and putting the money in my pearl envelope and saving up for a small round T strand. Baby Monster your round T strand you posted in the "What are you wearing" thread is absolutely gorgeous :love: :love: :love: I need one :lol:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you listened to 4RG. The dyed pearls are beautiful, but trying to match them to the natural colors of Tahitian pearls is not realistic. Saving for a round strand of Tahitians to match the earrings will bring you the most happiness in the long run. I am glad you posted the photo for others to see. Another poster this last week was unhappy with her dyed akoyas she ordered to match Tahitian pearls. The difference between akoya and Tahitian is so different and adding in dye.... Well you see, You can't beat mother nature.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1388227356|3581787 said:
I'm glad you listened to 4RG. The dyed pearls are beautiful, but trying to match them to the natural colors of Tahitian pearls is not realistic. Saving for a round strand of Tahitians to match the earrings will bring you the most happiness in the long run. I am glad you posted the photo for others to see. Another poster this last week was unhappy with her dyed akoyas she ordered to match Tahitian pearls. The difference between akoya and Tahitian is so different and adding in dye.... Well you see, You can't beat mother nature.

Thank you NL :wavey: I know you saved for your cherry tahitians and you wear those beauties often :twirl: Now the hard part...waiting :cry:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Litgeek, My first strand of Tahitians was a 9 to 11mm multi color round strand. I love it and wore it a lot until I saw a much more colorful , larger pearls ,multi color strand. I bought that one and it was my go to strand. I don't buy pearls often, but I try to buy the best quality and largest pearls I can afford. One great thing, you've lucked into buying pearls from a vendor you get the best pearls for the least amount of money, with consistent grading, wonderful customer service and great selection.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1388321666|3582414 said:
I don't buy pearls often, but I try to buy the best quality and largest pearls I can afford.

I saw you mention this before when I joined our other board and I always think of your motto when I am buying pearls :appl: :appl: :appl: This is what made me decide to size up on these freshadamas :wink2: I know I will be much happier with this size in the long run :twirl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That is for sure. It also seems that once you get used to larger pearls small ones you don't end up wearing as much. So in a way, if you think you liked large pearls you better buy in first or you're wasting your money. I have 4 strands of multi color round pearls, I only wear the large ones. Once in awhile I will stack them or make a torsade. Tear them up and make a rope or bracelet. That's the trouble, you never know what you're going to really want to wear.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi LitGeek! Those rose Freshadamas look really pretty in the picture and I can see why you chose them. :) What length are you going to go with? When will they arrive? I'd like to see some neck shots when you get them!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1388996201|3587289 said:
Hi LitGeek! Those rose Freshadamas look really pretty in the picture and I can see why you chose them. :) What length are you going to go with? When will they arrive? I'd like to see some neck shots when you get them!

Thank you :wavey: It was a real treat receiving the three strands while my Mom was here visiting for the holidays. When I opened the package the rose ones jumped out at me and my Mother and daughter both had the same reaction I did (love at first sight, haha) and they both agreed that it was "the one". It makes for a lovely memory and adds sentimental value that we all chose it together :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

They took their sweet time via snail mail to get back to PP, but they have them now and they are being strung at 16" for me. Of course I will need some earrings to match, so those need to be chosen :naughty: I should have these back within the next couple of weeks and I will definitely post some shots.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek said:

Thank you :wavey: It was a real treat receiving the three strands while my Mom was here visiting for the holidays. When I opened the package the rose ones jumped out at me and my Mother and daughter both had the same reaction I did (love at first sight, haha) and they both agreed that it was "the one". It makes for a lovely memory and adds sentimental value that we all chose it together :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

They took their sweet time via snail mail to get back to PP, but they have them now and they are being strung at 16" for me. Of course I will need some earrings to match, so those need to be chosen :naughty: I should have these back within the next couple of weeks and I will definitely post some shots.
Are you planning on wearing them with your wSS studs?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1389023384|3587434 said:
LitGeek said:

Are you planning on wearing them with your wSS studs?

Definitely, but I would also like some soft rose freshadama dangles to wear with it too. I love my 13mm wSS baroque dangles, but they are just too heavy for everyday wear.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek - I really love your choice! They should be gorgeous on you. And I agree about the dyed freshwaters vs Tahitians. I have a few dyed fw strands that I wear for fun (and I'll post pix soon) but Tahitians are truly amazing. Enjoy your new pearls!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pkinnew :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the glamor shots of my 16" 9-9.5mm soft rose Freshadama strand from Pearl Paradise!

screen_shot_2014-01-07_at_8_0.png

screen_shot_2014-01-07_at_8.png

They are shown with 10-11mm silver rose drops (bsomlo I just love how your wear your white metallic drops with your white metallic triple strand :wavey: tres chic!) I selected the first pair of freshadama quality pointed drops on Hisano's recommendation. They will be set on large eye pins (like my SoC pearls) to be worn as huggie hoop dangles.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I adore this set!!! And I am so glad you chose the top drops. I think they are fantastic! What a shape! Such sexy drops!!!

What findings are you choosing with those tantalizing drops?!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1389455369|3590910 said:
OMG, I adore this set!!! And I am so glad you chose the top drops. I think they are fantastic! What a shape! Such sexy drops!!!

What findings are you choosing with those tantalizing drops?!

:lol: That is the same thing Hisano said. They will be worn as hoop dangles on my new huggie hoops, so they will be set with large eye pins like my SoC pearls.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I'm excited to see the final products on you!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1389458371|3590920 said:
So pretty! I'm excited to see the final products on you!

Thank you for enabling my purchase :wink2:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Absolutly beautiful LitGeek. The strand is glorious :cheeky: and the drops are perfect with it. I can't wait to see them on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results