shape
carat
color
clarity

"Four Winter Pearl Styles for 2014" -- Silver/multi Tahitian

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
When PP's newest blog post was emailed, I opened it with the usual pleasure and anticipation. I scrolled through the photos and then my eye hit Hisano's Tahitian strand with "lighter shades of silver tone multi-color Tahitian baroque pearls for a subtle contrast". The colors looked so lovely with silvers and whites and pale blues.

A few hours later I inquired about the strand and was told it may have been just sold. Today, Hisano let me know that it was still available and I grabbed it!

Hisano described it as:

This silver tone multi color necklaces is AA+/AAA (mostly AAA) 10-11 mm Tahitian Baroque 35 inch.

It will be a while since it's going to be restrung, so here are three shots to enjoy in the meantime:

Blog photo:

Two glamour shots:

white-_tahitian-pearls.jpg

glamour_shot_4.jpg

glamour_shot_5.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: "Four Winter Pearl Styles for 2014" -- Silver/multi Tahi

Stunning :love: :love: :love: ! I think you'll be so pleased with this rope. The colors are delicious.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful! You are so fast! Looking forward to lots of photos of this beauty!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

breathtaking necklace!! Can't wait to see pics around your neck!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock

That is really lovely! :love: I look forward to seeing neck shots.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty. Love those whiter Tahitians.

How are you having it restrung?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

BAS, you are the fastest pearl hunter I've ever seen LOL! LOVE this fashion look, and this rope ... my first thought too was "WANT" ... glad it went to you :)

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock

Bsomlo, i'm excited for you. I've not seen a silver/white/baby blue tahitian strand yet. I can't wait for your IRLs.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo - Fastest gun in the west! I saw that rope and loved it at first sight and I'm so glad it's going to you! It's going to be a stunning addition to your collection!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS! The perfect strand for the colder weather (heck those babies would like amazing in any type of weather) :love: . Looking forward to seeing you model them for us. Enjoy in health and happiness. :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous rope, bsomlo. Can't wait to see more photos.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

That's a gorgeous rope -- congrats, B! The gold link clasp or orbit clasp in white gold would work well and give you the flexibility to wear the rope as a lariat.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Kay, I had not thought of that! I'll email Hisano pronto! Thanks.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Truly a gorgeous necklace! I love it! :love:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Such a pretty necklace ! I like that Link clasp for the Lariat , did they say whether or not it will fit over the pearls? Whatever you end up using, the pearls are beautiful ! Well done..once again !! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl -- I'm not sure yet. Kay had a good idea which I'll discuss with Hisano next week.

Katbran -- I'll know more next week.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

The Orbit clasps weren't supposed to be able to be used for a lariat, but I did it by accident one day when I forgot, and it worked. I've done this a few times now. It takes a little wiggling to position the opening of the clasp over the thread, because it does not open wide like the gold link clasp. I love the look of these clasps. I need to get a big fat Tahitian drop on an enhancer to hang from the loop, but I think the gold loop looks good hanging down by itself, too.

I combine 18" + 19" strands to make a 37" rope.

lariat_double_without_shortener.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Kay, I'm glad you posted that photo..it's exactly as I was picturing it working..I thought that the gold oval would make a nice connector for a nice fat pearl. Love those strands and the clasps are a nice modern elegant shape that work well linked together. Lovely colours too. :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Kay -- this is so helpful! Thanks for posting.

My rope is supposedly 35". My neck is slender, my "Fire Goddess" chain is 15", so I wonder if I'll be able to double and still have a little tail. But the pearls are 10 a 11mm so they may not actually allow for doubling with a tail... Things to consider and discuss with Hisano...

Question, does the tail pull the necklace down so the shorter strand tightens around you neck? I think it would when doubled naturally, but does it tighten more quickly in the lariat style?

Kay

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1416141732|3784584 said:
Kay -- this is so helpful! Thanks for posting.

My rope is supposedly 35". My neck is slender, my "Fire Goddess" chain is 15", so I wonder if I'll be able to double and still have a little tail. But the pearls are 10 a 11mm so they may not actually allow for doubling with a tail... Things to consider and discuss with Hisano...

Question, does the tail pull the necklace down so the shorter strand tightens around you neck? I think it would when doubled naturally, but does it tighten more quickly in the lariat style?

Your neck is more slender than mine, so 35" might work for you. I have a long tail with 37". I think the tail looks good as long as it is at least 3 pearls long, especially if you add a drop on an enhancer. The pearls in my strands are 9-12 mm.

I don't find that the top loop tightens any more in the lariat style than a standard doubled rope. I pull the top strand a little snug myself to get the gap I want, and it stays put pretty well. I bet a shortener could be used in the back to keep the two loops positioned if necessary.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Ladies, we really started a run on Orbit clasps, didn't we :) I too can create a lariat with my 18" & 19" Tahitian strands, with a bit of careful fiddling with the orbit clasp. Only trouble is, every time I do, I look at the end, say "Self, you need a big fat Tahitian drop enhancer for the end ..." ... then I take it apart and wear another way LOL. I am on the hunt, however :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock

katbran|1416122820|3784531 said:
Kay, I'm glad you posted that photo..it's exactly as I was picturing it working..I thought that the gold oval would make a nice connector for a nice fat pearl. Love those strands and the clasps are a nice modern elegant shape that work well linked together. Lovely colours too. :love:

Thanks, Katbran. I love the pearls in these strands and the clasps make them so versatile. I posted a bunch of pics on page 28 of the Tahitian sale thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/pearls-new/pp-tahitian-pearls-on-sale-t204779-810.html

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

Kay - Thanks for posting this again! I love that look!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Looking good Kay :appl: Love that strand on you every time I see it :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

CRDKeshi|1416156760|3784674 said:
Ladies, we really started a run on Orbit clasps, didn't we :) I too can create a lariat with my 18" & 19" Tahitian strands, with a bit of careful fiddling with the orbit clasp. Only trouble is, every time I do, I look at the end, say "Self, you need a big fat Tahitian drop enhancer for the end ..." ... then I take it apart and wear another way LOL. I am on the hunt, however :)
Ha, ha, CRDKeshi! If you don't find that perfect Tahitian drop before the next ruckus, I would love to watch you shopping for it. There is nothing like selecting a pearl in person. :cheeky:

I don't have any orbits yet; all I need is another pearly project. :devil: Looking forward to seeing what bsomlo selects. :))

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Yes, FlyGirl ... your name is usually part of the whispering in my brain ie "A big fat Tahitian drop on some kind of enhancer ... a Kamoka? ... something like what FlyGirl does ..." LOL ... You may not have an orbit clasp, but you have those diamond crusted horsebit clasps ... they count :)))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

BS I can't believe I have looked at this thread many, many times and not said how much I love that Tahitian necklace that is now yours. It reminds me so much of the one worn by Tilda Swinton in I Am Love. You will look divine with that necklace worn as a double strand. Enjoy your new beauty.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

I haven't seen the movie but had to look it up immediately. Are you referring to this necklace?

Looks like round Tahitians with a similar color scheme and length.

i-am-love_001141.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I notice that these looks have white tops in common. I generally wear colored tops, but I recently purchased a white sweater. So, I played around with my various pearl strands, and the soft silvery blue pearls look sweet against white.

I love the look Hisano picked, and this strand with its white, silver and blue Tahitians is going to be amazing. The circles and shapes add more visual interest. It looks especially good with this warm white top. I am wondering how it will look against other colors of clothing? Perhaps the greys and light blues will also work well.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Okay, I've heard back from Hisano and I've decided to keep the necklace as is. It's already been restrung (I told her to pick the color she thought would be complimentary and I was fine with synthetic since it's a longer, heavier piece and I don't want silk to stretch) with a WG ball clasp laser. To allow for a lariat it would have to be restrung and reconfigured and I think the lariat style will have to wait for another project.

It will ship tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results