shape
carat
color
clarity

First PP purchase (Black Friday buy)! How did I do?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first PP purchase and my first full strand of pearls. I struggled with overtone, style, length, and am a complete pearl novice, so any comments (good or bad) would be so helpful! I'm not sure if the length is right on me, or slightly too long.... The strand is also a bit tight, but I imagine it will fall/drape better with a bit of wear. Overall, I think I'm pretty happy with my first "grown up" strand!

PP's description:
Freshwater (Freshadama)
Body Color: White
Overtones: Silver-rose
6.5-10mm
18 inches
Luster: Very high
Blemishing: 99% blemish free
Shape: Round

PP website photo:

Opening the box:

_24815.jpg

ppscreenshot.png

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Kitchen lighting:

Kitching lighting w/ flash:

natural light:

natural light w/ flash:

pppotlights.jpg

pppotlightsandflash.jpg

ppnatural.jpg

ppnaturalandflash.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, and congrats on your first strand! Please post neck shots, they look beautiful.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a lovely first strand. The silver-rose overtones are my favorite. I look forward to seeing neck shots.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Tucs and Kay! I tried my best at neck shots. Gosh, neck shots make me even more self conscious than hand shots. ::)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Very very chic, blingbunny10, I love the graduation in the pearls, the overtones are beautiful.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The pearls are beautiful, and look lovely on you! They look really pretty draped over your wrist. Enjoy and wear them in good health. :angel:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on your skin tone & neck--oh for a young neck like yours! :) Great choice & selection, a very elegant & classic look! :love: :appl:

Pearl noob myself...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That necklace is simply gorgeous. The shape, color and luster are stunning. These are freshwater pearls and they will last you for a lifetime.

I purchased freshadama quality for my DIL's wedding, and I think they were beautiful as well as being a terrific value.

Enjoy wearing your new pearls! :wavey:

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
those are just gorgeous! they look so good on you! i'd say you done well. :)

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'd say the length is spot -on. It has the effect of lengthening your neck elegantly and we all want elegantly lengthened necks!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1417547960|3793985 said:
I'd say the length is spot -on. It has the effect of lengthening your neck elegantly and we all want elegantly lengthened necks!
That is a great point. I wonder if the graduation helps in fooling the eye that the neck is longer?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
I think you did fantastic; very beautiful Real Pearls! The length is lovely on you, and VERY elegant with a black dress, yet perfect worn more casual. You can always shorten a bit by getting a pearl shortener in the future, or even use a piece of ribbon to tie in the back ... best of both worlds :) Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
They look great in the neck shorts, too; very elegant with the graduation.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Very classic and is perfect for your first strand because they will be perfect for many, many years to come :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations, you did great.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase! Your necklace looks absolutely beautiful on you, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy wearing it! Thanks for posting pictures.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't go wrong with Freshadamas, good choice!

DK :))

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are classic and beautiful....and will still be classic and beautiful 20 years from now. So pretty on you!!! I'd say you did great!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You chose a wonderful strand of pearls that will look beautiful with any and everything. Congratulations and wear in health!

I personally prefer shorter strands on me (16" - ish). I think your length is fine, and I think it would be beautiful with a few pearls removed (perhaps used for dangle earrings?). Though if you plan to wear it over sweaters or turtlenecks, you may not want to shorten. It depends on the necklines and collars you wear and the overall proportions when you look in the mirror -- which we can't get from a neck shot.

(Oh, if you traveled back in time and went to a certain Holiday Party -- you'd be asked if your purchase was meant to be "ironic":
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/negative-pearl-reaction-has-it-ever-happened-to-you.208476/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/negative-pearl-reaction-has-it-ever-happened-to-you.208476/[/URL])

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, all! I guess I will be keeping these, then. :bigsmile:

Pearlescence, I think you are so right about the 18" length visually elongating the neck. I do not have an elegant swan-like neck by any means (I wish!), yet it looks pretty good in these pics. Certainly something to keep in mind for future purchases.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1417558990|3794069 said:
You chose a wonderful strand of pearls that will look beautiful with any and everything. Congratulations and wear in health!

I personally prefer shorter strands on me (16" - ish). I think your length is fine, and I think it would be beautiful with a few pearls removed (perhaps used for dangle earrings?). Though if you plan to wear it over sweaters or turtlenecks, you may not want to shorten. It depends on the necklines and collars you wear and the overall proportions when you look in the mirror -- which we can't get from a neck shot.

(Oh, if you traveled back in time and went to a certain Holiday Party -- you'd be asked if your purchase was meant to be "ironic":
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/negative-pearl-reaction-has-it-ever-happened-to-you.208476/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/negative-pearl-reaction-has-it-ever-happened-to-you.208476/[/URL])

All my other necklaces are 16", which is why I was waffling about the length. Now I'm wondering whether I could purchase a shorter strand to pair with this one for a doubled look, or maybe that would look odd with graduated strands.... My first day with my first strand and I'm already thinking about buying more! Oh the dangers of PS!

And sheesh at that holiday party comment! I don't think I'd know what to feel in her place, either - Angry or maybe just bemused?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Paging LitGeek -- get over here, girl! Post the picture of your incredible double strand of graduated whites!

While we wait, here's a shot of my triple white metallics, graduated by strand:

What I'm saying is, great idea!!!

pp_triple_metallic_april_0.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty pearl necklace. Looks great with casual and dressy!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Classic and GORGEOUS!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent choice! I wish my first PP purchase was as perfect as these on you! You will love them forever!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1417560035|3794090 said:
Paging LitGeek -- get over here, girl! Post the picture of your incredible double strand of graduated whites!

While we wait, here's a shot of my triple white metallics, graduated by strand:

What I'm saying is, great idea!!!
]

Blingbunny your new strand is classic, elegant, and just altogether lovely!!! Great job! Those pearls have a beautiful luster and are very round. Definitely keep! I second bsomlo, getting a second strand down the road to nest with it is a great idea!

I swoon every time I see that triple strand of yours b!

Here are a few photos of my double strand and then my double strand nested with my single strand.

tshirt_double.jpg

sweatshirt_double.jpg

freshies_tripled.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That last shot brought a wide smile to my face!

blingbunny10 -- You bought a perfect first strand! Keep us posted on your next purchase (because, yes, there will be more pearls!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results