shape
carat
color
clarity

First PP purchase (Black Friday buy)! How did I do?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous white strands all of You ladies!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pkinnew|1417612441|3794440 said:
Excellent choice! I wish my first PP purchase was as perfect as these on you! You will love them forever!!!

I know! I have to admit that I went through a number of missteps before figuring out what worked for me and what didn't...and this one is definitely a keeper! You have a good eye!!!

LitGeek...I get jealous every time I see your triple....it's so pretty!

Although...I have happy news! Completely unprompted, my parents bought me a triple strand of freshwater ovals for my birthday. All three strands clip onto on a Sonoma clasp to be worn as a triple set, and each strand also has an individual clasp, so I can wear it as a single, double, or triple...it's a little tricky to get on as you have to thread all three strands on in the right order, but it's great! It reminds me of Renwea's 5.5-6mm oval strand from the PP July sale, only it is strung as a triple instead of a rope. I'm super pleased, because my sister had been wearing one back in June, and I had noticed it and complimented it, and she said that she got it for her birthday in May from my parents. Usually they don't buy us similar gifts, so it was a happy surprise to get one for me too! I will post pics once I get some.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, CMD, great news! Happy Birthday!

Post lots of shots, please. As singles, how to attach to clasp, as a triple, (can it be worn as a double?) etc. Yay!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do! Plus, I bought myself some true red lipstick yesterday so I am gonna rock these white pearls of mine (in an ironic way of course....whatever that means).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My first OUT LOUD laugh today! (Good no-one was nearby because I sounded kind of like a maniac.)

I am ironic in my signature red lipstick daily, with pearls, of course.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I had to look up ironic in the Urban Dictionary, and the closest I can come to understanding that comment is that she was asking if you were wearing them for real, or if you were dressing up in some sort of classic costume. Of course, you were dressing for real, but when you haven't seen pearls except on a 50s housewife, or in a flapper's rope, I guess I can understand the question. Still rude, though.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Yay for your triples! It's great getting a surprise and I really think the flexibility of wearing them so many ways will be outstanding! And ironic!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Ha, I can see that you are going to be the worst (best) kind of enabler on the Pearl forum! Your metallics are beautiful stacked like that! Are they all connected in the back, or are these separate strands? And do you mind sharing the mm width?

LitGeek - Thanks so much for posting these! I love the proportions of the double strand -- classic but still feels modern with the different sizes. Do you mind sharing the mm width of these?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I wore these for the first time out today, and felt like I got treated with way more formality and deference! Lots of "Oh, pardon me"s and "I'm sorry"s from various people. I don't know if it was just in my head, but either way, I kind of like it! For a few hours, I felt like I did not live in the big, (and often rude) city that I do. :bigsmile:

My husband also came home last night and said, "I've never liked pearls, but those are VERY nice." And then about passed out when he saw the included PP appraisal.

firstday.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Blingbunny, that pearl strand looks fabulous on you :) Yes, watch out for the delightfully dangerously enabling Bsomlo LOL ...

LitGeek, I fell in love with that nested set of 2 White Pearl Necklaces the moment I saw it the first time ... and adding the third ... WOW! As is Bsomlo's triple ... such luster on those :)

cmd2014, I'd LOVE to see that new Birthday pearl set from your thoughtful parents ... especially how the "Sonoma" clasp works!

FlyGirl, what a great idea to search the Urban Dictionary ... I'm off to the dry cleaners, wearing my 2 long strands of small white metallic pearls ... do I have to put on red lipstick to feel "ironic" :) ?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here's my container overflowing with red irony:

_24850.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRDKeshi|1417632841|3794616 said:
cmd2014, I'd LOVE to see that new Birthday pearl set from your thoughtful parents ... especially how the "Sonoma" clasp works!

FlyGirl, what a great idea to search the Urban Dictionary ... I'm off to the dry cleaners, wearing my 2 long strands of small white metallic pearls ... do I have to put on red lipstick to feel "ironic" :) ?

Aaaack! I've been a victim of auto correct many times over!!! It's Senora Clasp that my computer helpfully rewrote as Sonoma clasp (which I didn't notice...no, it's not a fancy new clasp from the beautiful wine region of California, shaped like a bunch of grapes). No wonder people were confused! Maybe it's our new tornado.

And yes...red lipstick would probably help make you feel "ironic"!

Flygirl, I think I get it now. There was a disconnect between me being a young(ish) professional woman in a black power suit and sensible shoes, and my wearing what were in her mind 1950's housewife pearls, and she wasn't sure if I was making some sort of feminist "reclaim the meaning" statement with them, or if they were "real," as in, reflected something about how conservative or traditional gender role oriented I might actually be (based on what 1950's housewife pearls apparently represent). I didn't match the schema of what she thought pearls should represent. Oy! I should have worn my red lipstick. Ironically of course.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I don't associate pearls with 1950s housewives (as much as I liked Donna Reed). I think a power suit + pearls = Congress.

There's a reason why political women wear pearls; psychologically, people will not be distracted by the jewelry and will focus on what the woman is saying. Unless you're Nancy P., in which case, people will ask where they can get those pearls. :lol:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1417636104|3794651 said:
CRDKeshi|1417632841|3794616 said:

Aaaack! I've been a victim of auto correct many times over!!! It's Senora Clasp that my computer helpfully rewrote as Sonoma clasp (which I didn't notice...no, it's not a fancy new clasp from the beautiful wine region of California, shaped like a bunch of grapes). No wonder people were confused! Maybe it's our new tornado.

And yes...red lipstick would probably help make you feel "ironic"!

Flygirl, I think I get it now. There was a disconnect between me being a young(ish) professional woman in a black power suit and sensible shoes, and my wearing what were in her mind 1950's housewife pearls, and she wasn't sure if I was making some sort of feminist "reclaim the meaning" statement with them, or if they were "real," as in, reflected something about how conservative or traditional gender role oriented I might actually be (based on what 1950's housewife pearls apparently represent). I didn't match the schema of what she thought pearls should represent. Oy! I should have worn my red lipstick. Ironically of course.

"Cork screw" shape came to mind to me rather than grape when I read Sonoma....haha

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
LOL cmd2014 ... I turn off that darn autocorrect on every device I can FIND it on ... disaster lurks with every word of that program! Senora ... Sonoma ... I'd still love to see your new Birthday Pearls and how that all works :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1417628357|3794573 said:
I wore these for the first time out today, and felt like I got treated with way more formality and deference! Lots of "Oh, pardon me"s and "I'm sorry"s from various people. I don't know if it was just in my head, but either way, I kind of like it! For a few hours, I felt like I did not live in the big, (and often rude) city that I do. :bigsmile:

My husband also came home last night and said, "I've never liked pearls, but those are VERY nice." And then about passed out when he saw the included PP appraisal.

Bling bunny, if I forgot to say it before in my autocorrect induced trauma...those look GORGEOUS on you, especially with that outfit. I am not surprised that you got treated better. I find I get treated better too when I am wearing what is obviously nice jewelry. Well, with that one notable exception that is.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here's the new birthday pearls, complete with the 'Sonoma' clasp. I bought a necklace extender so was playing with different lengths. The shortest collar length is without the extender.

Short:

Medium:

Long:

Clasp. You can see how each strand can come off and be worn on its own. Or as a shorter or longer double, either nested or with a gap. It's a very cool design.

_24860.jpg

_24861.jpg

_24862.jpg

_24863.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, CMD! In those photos, I think I like the longest style the best.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, CMD! In those photos, I think I like the longest style the best.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Great design and great looks! Three styles of irony in one necklace. (I think that "ironic" statement will fuel us for years -- thank you to the hipsters!)

I love it shortest best. Enjoy and wear in health, Birthday Girl.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1417669900|3794949 said:
So here's the new birthday pearls, complete with the 'Sonoma' clasp. I bought a necklace extender so was playing with different lengths. The shortest collar length is without the extender.

Short:

Medium:

Long:

Clasp. You can see how each strand can come off and be worn on its own. Or as a shorter or longer double, either nested or with a gap. It's a very cool design.

Lovely! Happy Birthday!

PS -I like the length on the middle photo.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
blingbunny10|1417627990|3794572 said:
bsomlo - Ha, I can see that you are going to be the worst (best) kind of enabler on the Pearl forum! Your metallics are beautiful stacked like that! Are they all connected in the back, or are these separate strands? And do you mind sharing the mm width?

LitGeek - Thanks so much for posting these! I love the proportions of the double strand -- classic but still feels modern with the different sizes. Do you mind sharing the mm width of these?

Thanks blingbunny10 and thanks to all of you sweet ladies for the nice comments on it! :wavey: The double strand is AAA metallic FW 7-8mm and an 8-9mm Freshadama (almost metallic). The third single strand I added is 9-9.5mm Freshadama. You can read more about it here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-double-strand.199319/

LOL bsomlo, now I am going to have to wear my ironic red lipstick with this double strand...maybe this weekend! :dance:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls everyone!

Cmd: I love the clasp. What great gift from your parents.

Blingbunny: great first purchase! It reminds me of the cat woman strand in batman.

Litgeek n bsomlo: Drool...

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014: Gorgeous and brilliant necklace and clasp arrangement ... and it means to much to have been a gift from your parents ... REAL trumps "ironic" every time :) I have a similar clasp arrangement on 3 long strands of fine small special turquoise ropes my friends created for me last year ... I can wear each alone, all together, or lengthen, shorten or even double them. I never even thought of applying that clasp idea to pearls ........ hmmmmmm ... THANKS for showing us!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1417638061|3794662 said:
I don't associate pearls with 1950s housewives (as much as I liked Donna Reed). I think a power suit + pearls = Congress.

There's a reason why political women wear pearls; psychologically, people will not be distracted by the jewelry and will focus on what the woman is saying. Unless you're Nancy P., in which case, people will ask where they can get those pearls. :lol:
There used to be a woman known as "The Pearl Lady" who came to Capitol Hill every year in November...she claimed to have pearls "straight from Bejing." I purchased many strands (very cheaply, I might add, from her), which I continue to wear an enjoy. Many of the power pearls worn by DC women were from the Pearl Lady!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomio, taking a page from your book: Guess what I'm rocking with my pearls today?!? Ironically, of course! :lol:

_25038.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I love ALL those reds!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1417633944|3794631 said:
Here's my container overflowing with red irony:

Ok, bsomio- since it looks like you collect red lipsticks, have you see the Guerlain KissKiss red lipstick from their holiday collection this year? It is the most gorgeous shade of red I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I can't wear red, but OMG this would be mine if I could!!! I love the Guerlain lipsticks, especially the rouge automatics- they are so much fun to open and close!! Oh- and how about their Pearls!!!! We need to start a thread on them, too!!!!!

eta- photos

nmc1pzx_mk.jpg

nmc1rzl_mk.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I adore Guerlain's Kiss Kiss line! Exces de Rouge is my color -- but I'll have to check out their new holiday red!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results