shape
carat
color
clarity

First pearl purchase! So excited!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeel I am bursting with excitment right now. :D It's my 30th birthday this year and I decided I would like some REAL pearls, a heirloom strand, something special I would love and enjoy wearing for the rest of my life and hopefully pass down.

I've been drooling over these particular ones: http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1961 for ages and had to be content with waiting until my actual birthday in November BUT I was "browsing" today and noticed all the similar ones were sold and according the Catherine it was the last of that "batch" of high lustre pearls.

I mentioned this to hubby and he decided we better buy them immediately! :love: Now I just have to wait an agonising long weekend to receive them next Tuesday... I'm still thinking of wrapping them up and putting them away until November though. :saint:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strand! Your husband's choice to say yes to your request made his shopping easy and you're thrilled. Remind him next year when you have a birthday.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous strand! I love what Catherine does with pearls. I've been agonizing over several keshi strands of hers, still haven't made up my mind!

I don't know about you, but I would't have the willpower to wait until Novermber!!!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum - That is a beautiful strand and I'm sure you and your husband will be very pleased when you get it! I too couldn't wait until Nov though lol!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - glad to hear it was a good choice as I am a complete novice in pearls! Thought I'd add a few pics as eye candy.... :naughty:

_18925.jpg

_18926.jpg

_18927.jpg

_18928.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Please share neck shots when you receive them! I love Catherine's clasps -- they are so comfortable and easy to use.

I suggest you enjoy them immediately!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have arrived! :appl: I was surprised at how heavy they are!? (I've never had real pearls so not sure what they are meant to look & feel like). A few more dimples than I expected but again that's probably because I'm used to checking gemstones under a loupe... :lol: You cannot of course notice the dimples when you wear them so I don't mind. The lustre & "glow" is astounding, even in low light. The pearls seem quite large and very glossy. The colour variation is not too strong either. Very beautiful and I feel very spoilt! :love: one photo so far taken in low light on the train - I'll try to get more today.

_19058.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They look like a great size for you and pretty soft colors. Wear your new, and first, pearls in good health!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful and look perfect on you! Congrats on your first pearls!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look absolutely fabulous on you!
great first purchase!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
They are marvelous! I have several strands from Catherine and she is the most helpful woman. If You need, she will take more photos to You, even neck shots. I love to see more photos :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum - You hit it out of the ballpark with your first pearl purchase! They look amazing on you and just glow. Congratulations!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a lovely size, and color on you! I love them! wear them well! :naughty:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
They are stunning! You wear them very well. I am purchasing my first strand too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results