shape
carat
color
clarity

First harvest strand from PP

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I was emailing with Jeremy about one of my projects, and he shared a photo of one of his new projects: the first harvest strand from PP. He said he hopes to sit down and make 20-30 when he has time, so this might be an upcoming item for the PP website.

pp_harvest__7-15-14_.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - Thanks for sharing this with us! This sounds like a great project and I'm sure they'll be amazing!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I need to get on the waitlist for one of these! I so want one ever since I saw pictures of icy jade's harvest strand.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
All of the different shapes and colors look beautiful together. I am sure this will be a popular item.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
A harvest strand is typically made with the left over pearls that do not fit in with the other strands made from a lot of pearls. They are different colors, shapes and sizes all mixed up. 2 examples from my collection.

pgp_12_p_6.jpg

12-8-13axmas-tincup.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love these strands! They are all so unique and gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Kay - Thanks for posting that picture....the necklace is amazing.

4RanchGirl - Thank you so much for the explanation......great help for a novice like me. Also, thank you for posting the pictures of your necklaces. I especially love the tin cup one, I admired it before when I read your post on Pearl Paradise's blog.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4 -- Please bring both. I'd love to admire as much of your entire collection as you are willing to carry. I will bring lots, too!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ranch girl, thanks for your explanation. It helps a newbie better k understand the different terms used in the pearl vocabulary. :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
When a lot is put into strands they match for color and then a graduated size. A lot might be 5,000 or maybe 10,000 pearls when there are left over pearls they used to be set aside and await a new batch to be sent for matching and drilling. My tin cup was made from the left over pearls from last falls PP Tahitian pearl buy. All of the pearls were just the odds and ends combined to make one pretty nice necklace which I adore. It was fun picking out the pearls and Hisano did a masterful job of arranging them.The genius of the design and placement of the pearls does not really show up until it is worn doubled.

Bsolmo both strands are ready to be packed :mrgreen: with lots of brothers and sisters :naughty:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing, Kay. They are a beauty to behold!

Gorgeous necklaces, 4 ranch girl. They are very special. :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, 4RG, for explaining the origin of your lovely strands. It answers some questions I had. I had noticed your strands did not have keshi, for example, and this explains why.

On the Kamoka web site Josh explains his harvest rope as follows: "The pearls represent what can be found in a harvest, from a 6mm keshi to a 15mm round pearl, from circled pearls to baroque and semi-baroque as well. The different colors are also represented from dusky charcoal to creamy white, aubergine to peacock green and on through varying colors."

http://kamokapearls.com/collections/strands/products/pearl-harvest-rope

The starting pool of pearls for selection is different, but in both cases, the most fascinating pearls have been selected, which makes for very interesting strands. I'm looking forward to meeting yours in person soon. :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I look forward to seeing your strand in person this weekend FlyGirl. During the q and a this weekend we can ask all about this and more :dance:

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Occasional lurker here, but I decided to register because this is my strand :)

I contacted PP a few months ago to ask if they would be able to make me a harvest strand, and Jeremy replied. He said that because my request was a bit special, he would be handling it himself.

I didn't really know what I wanted, or what my budget would even be, but Jeremy was so helpful. He put together a 29 inch strand for me to look at first:

A close up:

necklace_6.jpg

necklace_5.jpg

necklace_4.jpg

necklace_1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Girl -- Welcome! Tell us more and show us more, please. What happened next?!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I loved the photos but asked Jeremy to take out the gold/pistachio pearls, as they don't suit my skin tone. The biggest pearl in the necklace Jeremy made up was 14mm, but as Jeremy's quote came in lower than I expected I had room in my budget for some larger pearls, including some large rounds.

I don't wear long necklaces and was really after a triple strand, with the inner strand being about 18 inches and the bottom one being around 20 inches. Jeremy re-worked the original strand to remove the pistachio pearls, include some of the new 'provoked baroques' and some large rounds and turn it into a triple strand:

Jeremy is now working on a custom made extendable clasp so I hope to have this in my hands before too long...

necklace_2.jpg

necklace_8.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Now that is something special and unique! Very exciting. Please keep us posted. I'm dying to see neck shots. What is an "extendable clasp"?

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
A clasp that allows you to extend the necklace - mine will have a lobster clasp with a long chain to clip it to (I hope that makes sense). It will mean that I can adjust the length of the necklace by several inches.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Does that mean that if it's worn shorter, the extra chain falls down the back? I have a couple of those. One has a tiny pearl at the end of the chain, so I it's decorative in the back as it hangs down.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
bsomlo, yes, I just emailed Jeremy this morning to ask if he could add a pearl to the chain.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
Pearl Girl, that is just AMAZING! (i wonder if Jeremy saved the leftover goldens/pistachios so i could snag 'em...?)

can't wait to see how it looks ON you, it's absolutely to die for!

4RanchGirl, i was so happy to meet those two necklaces in person in SD...they were both so perfect. the strands that launched 1,000 dreams....

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Girl, welcome. :wavey: That is a gorgeous and unique triple strand necklace. Please post neck shots when you receive it -- I can't wait to see what it looks like on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results