shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite color overtones for black pearl studs?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Your favorite color overtones for black pearl studs?

I have a lovely pair of from Pearl Paradise, however I think I ordered them wrong. I asked for a very strong blue/green overtone. So, more than black, they look blue/green.

Do they have them with slight blue/green overtones?

Do you prefer brown or blue/green overtones in black pearl studs?

Thanks.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Blue is a very rare and coveted color. PP more than likely sent you the pair that they had in stock which was as close to your requirements as possible. 4ranchgirl did luck into two strands and a pair of dangles, but she is my only pearl friend who owns blue/teal pearls. You could call and ask to be put on a list for stronger blue tahitians. They will be shopping soon for the coming year. They may luck onto some while they are stocking up. While I love 4 ranch girls pearls, they are so rare, the likelyhood I could get a strand in the future is unlikely. My favorite color which is more accessable is cherry.

6569.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Nacre. That must be gorgeous in person !

I got the black with strong blue/green overtones but I think I did it wrong as they basically look blueish not black. Sigh.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, My avitar are cherry tahitians. 4 ranchgirl got black body with blue/teal overtones.

cherrytahitians.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
sonomacounty|1357056569|3344948 said:
Thanks Nacre. That must be gorgeous in person !

I got the black with strong blue/green overtones but I think I did it wrong as they basically look blueish not black. Sigh.
First you got what you asked for blue/green overtone which is called peacock. The pearls that look just black with out a strong overtone are bad pearls. But if you are not happy with them send them back for an exchange.

naria

Shiny_Rock
Nacrelove pointed out they are died freshwaters already. But beyond that, even the stock photo does not appear to be very high quality pearls. That level of pitting on smallish freshwaters suggests mediocre pearls.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Nearly 70-80% of the cultured black pearls nowadays are treated and dyed. Natural black cultured freshwater pearls with beautiful colors like the pearls in the photos are very rare, almost impossible to put together that many pearls on a strand. But most are gorgeously reborn with beautiful peacock(blue/green tinted with lavender) and cherry (tinted with pink purple) in more uniform looks. The pearls appear treated and dyed, yet they are beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results