shape
carat
color
clarity

CyberMonday scores!

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
From PP I bought the 7.5-8 white Freshadama bracelet and the 8-5-9.0 mm blue Akoya studs, with the white gold. These are things that are on my To Buy list and the Cyber-Monday discount was too good to resist. I'm dying to see "live" Freshadamas as I have only read good things about them, and this will be my first Akoya anything. Love the blue, the fact it is a natural colour, and I hope to someday get the blue necklace. So....What did y'all get?

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I had to try a few times, I assumed it was just that busy with people buying online! I made sure I copied it exactly as written, in case it was case-sensitive. Hope you got through - do tell what you bought!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Alright, I got in! (I wasn't capitalizing the C) AND...I got my tahitians, finally. :love: For $159 off, I thought I couldn't go wrong. They are AA+/AAA quality. I think I will be happy with them, they're not perfect, but medium colored and have peacock overtones. If not happy w/ them, I've had pretty good experience w/ PP in the past, so I'm sure they'll find me something later on.

And, if we are coming completely clean about this weekend's shopping purchases, I also got Tahitian teardrop earrings (to go with my July special tin cup from PP in July) and 7 to 7.5mm white akoya earrings from PearlSource on Friday. I might keep the akoyas or give to my mom. I just think she's gonna spray perfume on them and she's not the type to appreciate them...I don't know that I completely trust her after the blue lapis earring incident :angryfire: She is SUCH a pain to shop for!

I would have loved blue akoya earrings to go w/ my new to me PP blue baroque necklace, but I'm already looking at an extra moonlighting shift to pay for all my goodies, so I had to stop!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted to get the silver blue baroque akoyas, but not sure if I should get the 8.5-9 or the 9-9.5. I would like the bigger size but I was told the color was bluer on the smaller size. I also think I should try them on before committing to them.

Instead I got the Luna Golden South Sea Pearl pendant:

southseapendant.jpg

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Erini,

I can heartily recommend the blue baroques. They are AMAZING. If all akoyas had that type of luster and coloring, I'd be all over them. I think mine are 8 to 8.5, they are plenty big. I'd get the smaller size if you want to use them every day. They are pretty lively in terms of coloring, so you don't need the 9mm.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Beadchick (and anyone else who shops PP regularly)

Is that about the best deal you have seen on blue baroques from PP? I would like to wait if I can...

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I think its a pretty good deal. I got mine 2nd hand off diamond bistro. W/ 20% off, its close to what I paid. Worst case, just return them if you don't ilke them. But, the colors on my strand are amazing. Does anyone else even carry them?

Of course, if you aren't ready, don't do something you aren't ready to do. You'll just end up feeling guilty. I COULD have waited on the tahitians, but it would have cost me more and I was looking to get some anyway.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
20% is fab :mrgreen: The last 2 years and the Mother's day special discount all have 14% so this discount is very special. I do not think I would wait.

By the time that I decided on what I wanted I couldn't get the vip code to work.. only the regular code.. so I didn't order anything :(
Earlier in the day I couldn't get the codes to work either so whatever. Maybe next time. I just wasn't feeling well enough to figure it out.

I can't wait to see everyones goodies!!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't end up getting the baroque necklace and I am just reading your messages now about what a good deal it is...oh well. I still haven't worn by recently purchased metallic freshwater strand, so it felt a bit like hoarding to purchase this strand too....

I will probably sit for the next year or two and not see them at that great of a price... :(sad

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for saying that the 8.5 is plenty big enough for the blue akoyas. I am a larger frame so I was thinking I needed the larger 9.0 mm, but I also plan to wear them pretty regularly. Maybe I could get away with smaller?

Can you post a pic?

syd

Shiny_Rock
I splurged on my first "real" pearls. I got a 16" strand of silver-rose 9-9.5mm freshadamas, and 9.5-10mm freshadama earrings to match, 9.5-10mm lavender freshadamas and tahitians with a silver overtone. I also requested a matt finish clasp instead of the polished one.

I was eyeing the blue baroques and the "inception" freshwater necklace too, but thought I'd better see how much wear I get out of these pearls first.

I've heard such rave reviews about PP's pearls, I have really high expectations. I hope I'm not dissapointed!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
eloisegirl|1322578507|3070780 said:
Thanks for saying that the 8.5 is plenty big enough for the blue akoyas. I am a larger frame so I was thinking I needed the larger 9.0 mm, but I also plan to wear them pretty regularly. Maybe I could get away with smaller?

Can you post a pic?

Eloise-

So am I, 5 foot 8 and size 12-14. I definitely think you can get away w/ smaller. I haven't time to post anything right now, and I know I keep promising...maybe when I get the new stuff I'll post them all.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I figure I should always buy the best I can afford. "You only buy quality once". I wonder where I learned that?

How long does it take to receive an order from PP on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? For my regular order, back in September, I ordered it Tuesday evening and it arrived by Thursday morning. Talk about speedy service! Blew me away....

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
I am so disappointed: I ordered a strand of tahitian baroques in the sale, only to get an email the next day saying that they double-sold the strand and my order was canceled, and they have no other strands in stock with the body color I wanted. So I not only missed out on the strand I really wanted, I missed out on the chance to take advantage of the sale. I am not happy with PP at all after this, especially since this was my attempt to try them one more time after they made a mistake with a previous order that almost resulted in my losing pearls that had sentimental value to me. :((

Dulcinea|1322725892|3072107 said:
I am so disappointed: I ordered a strand of tahitian baroques in the sale, only to get an email the next day saying that they double-sold the strand and my order was canceled, and they have no other strands in stock with the body color I wanted. So I not only missed out on the strand I really wanted, I missed out on the chance to take advantage of the sale. I am not happy with PP at all after this, especially since this was my attempt to try them one more time after they made a mistake with a previous order that almost resulted in my losing pearls that had sentimental value to me. :((

You know, I love PP but lately... what is going on? I am a hardcore supporter and will recommend them to anyone that will listen but when I read things like this and then combined with my own problems of trying to order and not getting the code to work (thus, no order) it makes me very frustrated! I thought the double-sold thing was supposed to be fixed. It happened to me last year and they very kindly offered to make me a similar item for the same price, but if they don't have what you want.. :(

Was there anything else you wanted? If there is I would politely ask if you can get the discount on that item then.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the sympathy. Sorry your code didn't work at all-- that's also incredibly frustrating.

When customer service emailed me to tell me they had canceled the order, they did send me a photo of two other strands that didn't have the same body color I had chosen at all. I had read somewhere that PP has a very large inventory of Tahitians, so I was really hoping they might offer me something similar in color to what I had actually purchased-- I had made it clear in my email reply to the order cancellation that the color was what I loved.

bean|1322770330|3072388 said:
Dulcinea|1322725892|3072107 said:

You know, I love PP but lately... what is going on? I am a hardcore supporter and will recommend them to anyone that will listen but when I read things like this and then combined with my own problems of trying to order and not getting the code to work (thus, no order) it makes me very frustrated! I thought the double-sold thing was supposed to be fixed. It happened to me last year and they very kindly offered to make me a similar item for the same price, but if they don't have what you want.. :(

Was there anything else you wanted? If there is I would politely ask if you can get the discount on that item then.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
An update: Someone on another site I visit messaged me and suggested I email Jeremy directly, which I did, mentioning both the previous issue I'd had (which was resolved very well, but had left me a bit shaken) and this recent double-sale problem. He sent me an incredibly courteous reply, and I'm hopeful that there will be a good solution to this. I'd like to feel confident about PP again-- I think they really do have the most beautiful pearls.

In the meantime, looking forward to seeing pictures when people get their Cyber Monday purchases.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
same thing happened to me ,I bought a freshwater necklace on Black Friday but they emailed after a few days later saying it was already sold because of a glitch in their site .I was disappointed but they offered me a %20 discount on any regular priced item .since I have been longing for a south sea pearl baroque necklace , I will use the discount to get that ,so the ending is good .

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
My package was shipped Dec 5 and arrived today before noon on Dec 6. My order was custom (had the bracelet lengthened by one inch) so it took a few days after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale - I can only imagine how busy things must have been at PP. I'm just charging my battery now so will post photos soon.

I bought the 50" freshwaters and they double beautifully - a clear icy white and nice big pearls. The blue akoyas (that's a great name for a band, The Blue Akoyas, and their first album could be All Knotted Up) are amazing blue studs that look grey near black, but blue near white, pink. My friend said, "Those are stunning - and I ORDER you to buy the necklace! They are signature earrings!". Finally, the Freshadama bracelet is really amazingly lustrous and it hangs just-so about my wrist. I will probably take a zillion pics. The long freshwater rope is similar in size to the Colour Shifting Metallic necklace I have in Silver Pink, and I think it would make a great middle necklace with the doubled rope.

The appraisal on the blue akoyas did say they are from Japan, as I recall someone on a pearl forum was asking if there are akoyas grown in China.

Hopefully the rest of you cybershoppers will be posting your pics soon as well!

What's your NEXT dream purchase, pearlgrrls? I would love a matching blue akoya necklace... and a bracelet... and a...... (pant,pant)....

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is a close-up shot of my new blue 8.5-9 mm Akoya earring - I think it shows the quality very nicely!

july 13 1578.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
This is a photo of all three - the 50" freshwater rope, the Freshadama bracelet and Blue Akoya studs.

july 13 1538.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
This is the optimal "natural light on paper towel" shot. Pearls by Pearl Paradise; paper towel by No Frills. The upper right necklace is the Colour-Shifting Metallic in Silver-Pink, which was my first PP purchase. It looks great with the white rope pearls.

july 13 1582.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my golden baroque pendant necklace which is very pretty, and surprise-- the 8.5-9 mm silver blue baroque akoya strand. I had it cut down to 17 inches and it has the matte wg closure. I am so happy I got the strand! They are really beautiful, and the perfect length. My birthday is on Tuesday and it is a "big one" (ends in a "0" and I will leave it at that! :shock: ). I am very happy I have these to commemorate the big one!

I will post pictures soon, along with my other pearls!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
eloisegirl|1323466089|3078092 said:
Here is a close-up shot of my new blue 8.5-9 mm Akoya earring - I think it shows the quality very nicely!
Gorgeous! I am so tempted by these (now that the new 20% off code was released today!) They are AA quality?

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Yes, these are AA quality. I call them my Grace Kelly earrings because they are icy cool and beautiful.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Bean, you are correct, just looked at the appraisal and it states "AA+" with lustre "very high". Looks amazing under 5x and 10x on the loupe as well.

I've decided pearls are like potato chips; you can't have just one, and you always want more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results