shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom White Metallic Triple Strand from PP.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Since my project is nearing completion -- I figure I can start a thread on it.

About half a year ago I came across a triple strand of akoyas at Mikimoto which struck me because each strand had a graduated size. The innermost strand had the smallest pearls, the outermost strand had the largest pearls. The graduation was subtle and I found the necklace to be classic and beautifully elegant.

Stats:

GRADE: The necklace is graded as the lowest of the top 5% they sell, the 8th grade, which they call "A" grade.

LENGTH: 16", 17" and 18" nested, touching (I like them touching).

SIZE: The shortest strand is 7.5 mm in the middle, 7 mm at the clasp. The middle strand is 8 mm in the middle, 7.5 mm at the clasp. The longest strand is 8.5 mm in the middle, 8 mm at the clasp.

Here it is on a bust in the store:

'

Here it is on my neck:

The price was outrageous despite the fact that the pearls were the lowest quality Mikimoto sells.

I emailed Jeremy asking what pearls he recommended using to create a similar look. He thought it would look fantastic using white metallic freshwater pearls. Unfortunately, he couldn't find matching round white metallic pearls during that buying trip so the project sat on the back burner.

During the recent Hong Kong show -- he did find three matching white metallic strands in graduated size!

I want them nested closely, so Hisano did the stringing herself. Here is a shot of them on a bust:

The strands are 16", 17" and 18". I don't know the mm sizes yet.

I think this triple will be my "signature" look!

mikimoto_triple_strand_on_stand.jpg

mikimoto_triple_strand_neckshot.jpg

metallic_white_triple_strand.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
PP just sent me a picture taken in dim lighting to show the metallic nature of these pearls:

And here's the best shot so far:

triple_metallic_strand_shot_in_dim_lighting.jpg

metallic_white_triple_strand_shot.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I so love this look. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: With the right overtone the metallic whites can almost pass as akoyas. When NL and I was at PP two summers ago when he brought in the first batch of metallic whites he put a graded certified Hanadama strand next to one of the metallic white strands and NL and I could not tell them apart. So I bet you will be thrilled with this necklace and wear it often. I do love my tripple strand of metallic whites. They are show stoppers. Yours will be too.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are scary gorgeous! They're going to look ah-mazing on you :love: :love: :love: :love: !

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!! :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382052019|3539751 said:
Oh I so love this look. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: With the right overtone the metallic whites can almost pass as akoyas. When NL and I was at PP two summers ago when he brought in the first batch of metallic whites he put a graded certified Hanadama strand next to one of the metallic white strands and NL and I could not tell them apart. So I bet you will be thrilled with this necklace and wear it often. I do love my tripple strand of metallic whites. They are show stoppers. Yours will be too.

4Ranch Girl- didn't I see in one of your earlier posts that you were going to be at PP today? what beauties did you find ??!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pink it was postponed until the 24th because he has a very large shipment of Tahitians arriving and I wanted to be able to see them. So a week from today I will be there. We are talking about doing another video chat. Not sure yet though. I was just going to start a thread about the trip.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just saw your triple strand in the PP blog, and I figured this was your special piece. Stunning pearls that will last a lifetime. :cheeky:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bsomlo,

So delighted that awsome, amazing triple is going to one of "our" true pearl lovers so we can see more photos soon! :love: :love: :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely breathtaking B :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I love the graduation between the strands and how close they next together :appl: :appl: :appl: The pearls are just gorgeous! You are going to look fabulous wearing it ~ like a queen! I hope you have it soon because I want to see lots of photos :geek:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It is really beautiful and definitely worth the wait! :love: I think I speak for many others when I say I am eagerly awaiting your neck shot s.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382058083|3539822 said:
Pink it was postponed until the 24th because he has a very large shipment of Tahitians arriving and I wanted to be able to see them. So a week from today I will be there. We are talking about doing another video chat. Not sure yet though. I was just going to start a thread about the trip.

Ah, I so envy you getting to play with all those pearls in person!!!!! Can't wait to see what you find this time around!!
Sorry for the threadjack

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: They are fab! :love: :love: :love:

Am sure it'll be one of your fav strands even as you get other amazing pieces.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo those are gorgeous!!!!! I think I like them better then the Mikimoto, I know it is hard to tell with pics and different lighting but the metallics have such a gorgeous sheen to them..... they are lovely :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed that the pearls that Queen Elizabeth wears nearly every day are a graduated three strand. She does have more than one necklace, but don't these look similar to yours?

I gotta say, I like the color of yours better. A piece that is truly fit for a queen. :appl:

qeii_3strandpearls1.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'd say SPECTACULAR but that doesn't quite seem enough to capture how amazing that necklace looks!! What size pearls did they end up using for the three strands ? Honestly that just gorgeous. I've got to see these pearls in person. I might be in California in Feb for my sisters birthday..I should add on a day or two and go have a look...providing Christmas doesn't clean them out...might be only dust left in the vault.

Just wonderful..I'm metallic green with envy. :appl:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
this is just stunning!!!! i can't wait to see it on you! And yes, better than the queens, lol.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I'm dying to meet them, too!

The stats:

16" strand is 6-7 mm.
17" strand is 7-8 mm.
18" strand is 8-9 mm.

I also think this necklace looks regally elegant -- in a more modern version since it's made of freshwater metallics.

It hasn't shipped yet -- so we all have to wait a bit...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Bsomlo: Did you get some matching earrings too?
Did I mention that I am in (pearl) lust btw? :lol:

katbran|1382153956|3540483 said:
I should add on a day or two and go have a look...providing Christmas doesn't clean them out...might be only dust left in the vault.

@Katbran: Oh, pls go! I'm sure they'll have saved some special pearls for their Valentines day specials. Will be so fun to go and shop IRL. Pls share your shopping adventure with us!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy_Jade: Good question! I did NOT get matching earrings. I'll have to see how I feel, and see what would "match", once I receive the necklace.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Glorious custom piece, pre-dawn. Jeremy outdid himself with this one:

More shots when the sun comes up later.

pp_white_metallic_graduated_triple.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoyed reading about your necklace on the PP blog, Unfortunately we can't post blog links here, or risk banning. Your necklace is glorious Bsomlo. The completed project using metallic freshwaters is much more striking than the Mikimoto three strand it was created to mimic. Those pearls just glow on the blog and even more against your skin. You have to be over the moon happy with your new necklace. I hope you bought matching earrings because anything else won't do.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1382958584|3546001 said:

This is pure perfection! You know how much I love white pearls...swoon :love: :love: :love: Besides your hanadama akoya strand, this is my most favorite piece of yours :appl: :appl: :appl: Jeremy most certainly did outdo himself with this one! Enjoy!!!

I have to agree with icy, some beautiful studs with the starlight setting would be amazing!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NacreLover and LitGeek!

I am wearing them with the white metallic drops Hisano picked for me. I think they look perfect together.

The clasp and findings are white gold.

More pictures later!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo,
IRL picture is stunning compared to shot on the gray bust. SO glorious. So classic! It reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Enjoy it!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1382958584|3546001 said:

This is truly a stunning piece. I was going to nominate it for the Pearls Hall of Fame, but I see that icy_jade beat me by over a week. :bigsmile:

She knew right away, but I guess I needed a real neck shot to be sure. Now, I'm sure. Heirloom quality necklace, fit for a queen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1382978066|3546167 said:
This is truly a stunning piece. I was going to nominate it for the Pearls Hall of Fame, but I see that icy_jade beat me by over a week. :bigsmile:

She knew right away, but I guess I needed a real neck shot to be sure. Now, I'm sure. Heirloom quality necklace, fit for a queen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LOL. Yeah, this is a stunning piece. I know Bsomlo will give us more pics so I won't ask. :lol:

Do wish I can see this beauty IRL, sigh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results