shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
thanks y'all (and thanks bsomlo for the tip - i shall wear my necklace with pride, little neck dangle notwithstanding!). LOVE the fireball! so happy to have scored that one!

here's the kiera (no i did not get this one, although i asked them to post it so i could post it):

kiera.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pendant looks amazing on you, juliebeth!! What color is it?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I adore the Keira strand too. Hope one of the us here got it.

Julie Beth, the fireball is fantastic. Great colour on you!

Katkashmir, the geodes are pretty!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
The gold South Sea pearl ring with sapphires was amazing too. I wonder if someone here bought it?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
katkashmir|1410484638|3749432 said:
I don't post much, but do enjoy reading the posts and love the photos. I picked up these little h geode earrings. My son and husband think they're pretty. I am trying to decide if I should have picked up the Tahitian with pink sapphire versions. I am probably going to change the earring, as it fell out of my ear 2x today in my office (scary). 001_10.jpg

Welcome back katkashmir, your little h geode jewels will get lots of looks and questions i'll bet. Lucky you, I just love them. Congratulations!!!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1410572177|3750112 said:
The gold South Sea pearl ring with sapphires was amazing too. I wonder if someone here bought it?

Gosh I have missed out. I wonder why some items stay posted on PP site that are sold, and others are sold but go quickly away. Does any have a picture of the ring?

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
It's still up on the website.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I LOVED that ring and was showing DH who was like NO (after all, I did just buy a GSS ring from Mikeyy's suitcase -- but that setting, sigh...).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
juliebeth|1410480390|3749369 said:
ok, some work in progress photos of the three pearls i have so far - the outside two are the pp connoisseur sale pearls, the middle one is an awesome random stepped (rather than ringed, really) T i got somewhere or another, and i'm waiting on the blue/teal pearl to finalize the design (ok not in progress, just pearls on a pin):

img_5723.jpg
img_5721.jpg
img_5720.jpg
img_5719.jpg
img_5718.jpg

juliebeth -- lookie what a friend of mine just posted on Facebook! As if he'd heard my remark yesterday about what your pearls remind me of!

3_olives_on_a_toothpick.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JB, thanks for posting this for those of us who missed this drop.

So, did any PSer buy this? Please share photos if you did. It's amazing.

juliebeth said:
thanks y'all (and thanks bsomlo for the tip - i shall wear my necklace with pride, little neck dangle notwithstanding!). LOVE the fireball! so happy to have scored that one!

here's the kiera (no i did not get this one, although i asked them to post it so i could post it):

kiera.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everybody's purchases are amazing, I have now a list of wants that gets longer by the post, thank you for sharing! :love: :love:

I may have purchased that blue freshwater soufflé pendant. ?? I don't know for sure but I did receive a confirmation email back, we'll just have to see. When I can back to the forum, & saw the posts discussing it & JulieBeths photo, I hopped over to the sale. It showed as not sold!! So I quickly bought it. So we'll just have to see what happens come Monday.

On other news: my first pearl purchase arrived last Thursday: Akoya drop earrings, silver blue Akoya baroque strand, as well as an Akoya drop necklace. :appl:

Learning the pearl ropes here with this first purchase: you cannot double up a 35" strand as I had imagined, which is fine. I now would like to get a few other strands. What a dangerous hobby this is, the pearl world. Now I get it, the love of these beauties!!

I also have learned a bit about the sizing: a 9.5mm is ok as a drop, but larger would've been better. The necklace & earrings match.

I love the look of the pastel Tahitians--they are so pretty! The scheming begins..... :naughty:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Katkashmir, your pink geode earrings are so stunning. I saw them IRL, and pictures barely capture their sparkly beauty.

Juliebeth, I love your collection of loose Tahitian pearls. I had that 9.7 mm dark beauty in my cart and wondered where it disappeared to. You must take a picture of those pearls in a martini glass, sans vodka of course.

Sarahb, congrats on your purchases. Now we must have pictures.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
sarahb, I look forward to seeing your pearls. Welcome to our forum.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
sarahb, I look forward to seeing your pearls. Welcome to our forum.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Pearlie is here and she is really quite special.
Super quick shipping to UK, thought I would be waiting another week. Got a card in the postbox this morning saying package waiting at local post office so jumped in the car and was so excited I opened the package in the street, admiring pearlie in shop windows as I passed by.
I wanted a pendant with a bit of attitude, and this is one gorgeous SS orb, it has a lovely silvery lustre and the engraved bands really make it sing. It is nice and weighty and hangs and swings beautifully.
Here are a few shots: the first with the chain it came with, second snuggled up with my PP south sea dangles I bought about a year ago and never posted (amazing quality), as I was cutting flowers for the house I couldn't resist a shot with my favourite dahlia, and last ones how I will likely be wearing it, long and layered with my fave silver chain.

with_original_chain_0.jpg
with_ss_dangles.jpg
pearlie_and_dahlia_dark_spirit.jpg

might have to post the last two later on as having a few problems loading them

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
missing pics mentioned in my last post

close_up.jpg
dscn6779.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Love the intricate pattern on the rope around the pearl too.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy -- I just LOVE all your pictures! So poetic. Thank you for sharing them. Your earrings are beautiful and I love your final shot of how you are going to wear your new piece.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Gemzy...Love your new pendant, and your silver chain really frames it well.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
thanks Nacrelover, bsomlo and krissy7, I am very happy and hubbie is very happy I am happy! Think this will become my best friend pendant. It's lovely having all your stories and purchases to look through to get experience and see what's out there.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
juliebeth - Your fireball necklace looks wonderful on you! I was very tempted by that one but I'm glad you got it! It's stunning! Oh and I got to the site too late for that Kiera but I hope someone here snagged it!

Pearl Girl - IThat ring was tdf and I hope they do more!

Gemzy - Your SS banded pendant is beautiful and looks so great on you! That's an everyday, anyway you want to wear it treasure!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your pendant and drops, Gemzy!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy, Pearlie looks beautiful on you, both solo on the short chain and layered with your lovely silver rope. Your drop earrings work well with the pendant. Enjoy your special gift!

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
oh my gosh, new pearls were added!
i added my choice to the cart, with a pendant setting, and it dissapeared!
oh it makes me mad! >.< i was really quick too, seeing as only 1 was left in the price point i wanted. =(
i'm determined to get a pearl from this sale!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
The beautiful gold white South Sea ombre earrings are up on PP. Someone please buy these. They are stunning. There's even a little bezel set diamond on each earring. I'm so sad they didn't work with my pitiful ear piercings :cry: but it's a great opportunity for someone.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
More loose pearls were added. I finally managed to order the 9.5 mm Tahitian Baroque!
I asked for it to be set with the simple mini pendant cup.

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
pencilcase...glad you were able to snag a Tahitian pearls today! You right...We sure need to quick on the sale additions.

I managed to get a fireball pendant. It looks like a octopus. It would look cute with 2 diamond eyes.

1_peach_octopus_fireball_necklace_375_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I love that pendant! The shape of the pearl is so interesting and unique. To me it looks like the Sesame Street mammoth!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pisces, I love your "octopus."

Pencilcase, congrats on finally scoring your pearl.

I finally managed to successfully check out 2 items last night:

10.3 mm Tahitian baroque loose pearl:

14.9 mm Encircled Collection WSS pendant with rose gold:

I'm not sure what I will do with the loose pearl, but I liked the shape and color. As for the pendant, I have been wanting something with rose gold. I have another WSS drop pendant of about the same size, in white gold, so I may try to add a second smaller pearl to make a two-pearl Encircled pendant like the Tahitian one I missed out on the 1st day of the sale. The pearl on top could be another WSS, or maybe a black or silver Tahitian.

Two-pearl Encircled pendant I wanted (10.4 & 13.5 mm):

pp_14.jpg

pp_11.jpg

_22443.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results