shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Gift for My Wife Hanadama Necklace

anth005

Rough_Rock
I haven't posted on the forum for a while and thought I would share my wife's Christmas gift this year. After reading thru many of the very informative posts on here and really kicking around the Freshadama vs Metallic White vs Akoya I decided to go with a 7.0-9.6 mm graduated natural white Hanadama Akoya necklace and matching 8.0-8.5 earrings. The package arrived late yesterday and I will try and get some pics up later today, although my tries at photographing jewelry have never turned out very well. I really hope that she likes them.

hangrad7.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

White Christmas for sure! :bigsmile: Tres chic!!! :love:

cheers--Sharon

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular! I bet she will just love these very rare pearls. Please come back when she opens them and tell us what she thinks.

anth005

Rough_Rock
My feeble attempt at photography. When I put these beside her freshwater pearls, it really makes me wonder if I made the right decision because to my untrained eyes I see very little difference between them.

hangrad7-9.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I think it is near impossible for this necklace and earrings to be a wrong decision. They look gorgeous!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

About them seeming not much different from her freshwater pearls, if you want our opinions, feel free to post a pic of them together.

Also, are the freshwaters much of a different length or something that she isn't likely to feel she has two of something that is too close to the same thing? If not, can you return them and maybe try something that's different but still something that goes with a lot of things and such? (maybe black tahitians?)

I have a pair of white hanadama stud earrings. The hanadamas definitely win over my white opera length freshwater strand but I have a white bracelet with small (6-7mm) pearls that is not too much different from the hanadamas, in my opinion.

Anyway, just my thoughts, fwiw. :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
That strand is really beautiful. You can see their reflection is side by side pearls. You wife is one lucky woman. :appl:

anth005

Rough_Rock
Tried my hand at photography again with her freshwater strand next to the Hanadama's and there definitely is a difference. Also, I have come to the conclusion that pearls are extremely difficult to photograph!!!

hanfresh3.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, they are very hard. Most at Pearl Guide use a white cloth or paper towel. I take mine out in bright light but not in the sun. No flash if you do it inside.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results