carat
color
clarity

Cherry tahitians - body and overtone?

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

I'm a total newbie to the pearl forum.
I am very interested in purchasing some cherry tahitians. Somewhere I read that there are 2 types of cherries.
One has green body with cherry red overtone, the other is red body (am I accurate?) with green overtone.

I guess I'm a little unimaginative, but I can't seem to picture them properly. How are they different?

Does anybody have any pictures that they can share to help me picture them?

Thank you very much in advance.
--sintha

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
These are my cherry Tahitians from Pearl Paradise (strands and diamond dangle earrings), Kamoka Tahitian pearl farm (largest front pearl and large studs)and The Pearl Source(small stud earrings).
The loose pearls were from Pearl Paradise, center pair are the dangle diamond earrings. LOVE them.
Cherry body with green overtone.

zcherry.jpg

zcherry3.jpg

cherry_set1.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
12mm green body with cherry overtone pendant from Pearl Paradise. 4ranchgirl has the matching earrings to go with her pendant.

_10041.jpg

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow. Now, I'm in *real* trouble. They're both very cool. :love:
Thank you for the pics, Nacrelover... Those are all great pearls!

I'd like your opinion then. I'm Asian with light-medium colored skin (black hair, obviously). I can't wear yellows very well, they make me look sickly. Which do you think will look better on somebody with my coloring? Does anybody have any experience with this combination?

Thank you again for all your help!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover I never tire of seeing those cherries :love: :love: :love: Just beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Once you buy pearls with overtones of another color you will be hooked. The jewelry store pearls don't usually have this quality.
Beautiful pearls from Pearl Paradise.

_10104.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover -- for the first time I GET IT! Thanks for the pictures!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this picture posted on other forum. Shows the difference between the cherry pearls. It is posted here with permission of the photographer Kevin Canning, Pearls of Joy.

NacreLover collects the cherry on the left and I collect the cherry on the right. We both love our cherries.

cherry_difference.jpg

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl said:
Just saw this picture posted on other forum. Shows the difference between the cherry pearls. It is posted here with permission of the photographer Kevin Canning, Pearls of Joy.

NacreLover collects the cherry on the left and I collect the cherry on the right. We both love our cherries.

Yes, he describes the pearl on the left as green body color with cherry overtones and the pearl on the right as cherry body with green overtones. Which is correct!? Both are gorgeous, and I'd be swimmingly happy with one of each color as mismatched earrings.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure but all I know is they are both cherry pearls. On mine the cherry is like a soap bubble and the cherry color will move around the pearl so no matter which way you turn it the cherry is glowing on the edge halo like.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Hi girls.
I haven't been posting ... Housework ... :sigh: , ... kitty concerns , and well if I log in I don't get my work done ...

That said, I lurk. That said, I've pressing, , maybe silly questions for you experts : 1. Can someone explain the difference between "cherry" and "aubergine" as colours? 2. & can anyone illustrate the difference pics? Thanks.

The pearls I see here are awesome btw :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My aubergine Kamoka pendant was described by the vendor as having a cherry bottom. Aubergine is a darker purple and cherry is a bit redder. The pendant is an 11mm round which is aubergine with strong green overtones.

kamokas_4270.jpg

twinset_4464.jpg

pendantbottom_4278.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Since the colors are names of actual fruits, here are a couple of photos.

eggplant.jpg

cherries.gif

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Thanks for answering my questions. I think I've a better idea of the differences now :)

PearlGem

Rough_Rock
NacreLover, 4Ranch Girl and Fly Girl, all these pearls are stunning! Does anyone have ear shot and neck shot?

4ranchgirl, who set this beautiful pendant for you: 12mm green body with cherry overtone pendant from Pearl Paradise?

This thread helps me too. I was considering to get cherry overtone Tahitians...OK, I must get both cherry and aubergine one, who says we can't have the best of both worlds? :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
PearlGem|1379926724|3525571 said:
NacreLover, 4Ranch Girl and Fly Girl, all these pearls are stunning! Does anyone have ear shot and neck shot?

4ranchgirl, who set this beautiful pendant for you: 12mm green body with cherry overtone pendant from Pearl Paradise?

This thread helps me too. I was considering to get cherry overtone Tahitians...OK, I must get both cherry and aubergine one, who says we can't have the best of both worlds? :love:
Yes the pearl and setting is from Pearl Paradise. The matiching earrings are with the romance setting again from PP. All bought at the same time.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This thread has been so informative, thank you!

PearlGem

Rough_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1380001214|3526138 said:
Yes the pearl and setting is from Pearl Paradise. The matiching earrings are with the romance setting again from PP. All bought at the same time.

Very classic indeed. The more I look at these rare cherry and aubergine overtones, the more I love them. I'm sure you look into the mirror more often when you wear them, I would! NacreLover's round Tahitian strands are luxury necklaces, I can own them in my dreams.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm adding my new Anniversary Cherry Tahitian to this thread.
With the green and blue Tahiitans and on the shell with the other colorful Tahitians. Mine is the large one in the middle to the left.
My friend from Israel is insisting I can't drill this, so I am now considering a cage for it.

mycherrywithothers.jpg

cherrybowlingball.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results