shape
carat
color
clarity

Bsomlo and Mrs. Taylor

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Are about to do a synchronized opening of some insanely beautiful pearls. This is going to be epic and I'm so sure that we'll both be in love that I'm starting a thread NOW. Photos to come.....

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
The pearls are crazy beautiful. I am once again amazed at how lovely her pearls really are. I'm sitting with the color right now. They are absolutely stunning, but suprisingly VERY close to my onions. I was hoping for more of a difference between the two, and that is not the case. But I'm feeling like that doesn't so much matter right now because they are so pretty. Pics to follow! Sadly Bsomlo and I both have the rotten luck of opening them at the worst time of day. I'll do what I can tonight, but better ones will be taken in the morning.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait. Onions are my favorite :naughty:. Somehow I'm reminded of Chipollino fairy tales ;)).

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Ha!

Okay, here are a few:

-6_zpsc0f92a25.jpg

-5_zpsa277fa05.jpg

with the onions:
-3_zpsc8441302.jpg

-8_zps44f4ac5b.jpg

poor shots of the onion earrings:
-3_zpsf7fd7bf3.jpg

-5_zpse040be5f.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fellow Pearl Peeps -- It's dark out, so one photo of them in the hand is all I can offer until tomorrow.

My first impression is that the quality of the pearls is excellent. They are large, a pleasure to wear, and overall uniform while being individually unique. They photograph as quite gold -- but they are a creamy/pinky/peach to my eye. At least tonight.

And therein lies the potential problem. I am also creamy/pinky/peach and I was expecting more of a contrast. First shot:

More tomorrow!

_8824.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love them both ladies!! Mrs.Taylor, they are just as stunning as your first ripples!

bsomlo, I hope you see some more colours in the better lighting tomorrow! The lustre is incredible on them though. And, fwiw, I am also peachy pink, lol, and so are the vast majority or my pearls, lol. I wear a lot of black. hahaha

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm laughing my derriere off right now because that's exactly what I told her. ROFL.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
In lieu of my modeling in poor lighting -- Belle, my three pound Yorkie, has graciously agreed to take over tonight. Actually, she didn't have a choice:

_8830.jpg

_8831.jpg

_8832.jpg

_8833.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love those doggy pearl pics!!!!!! And I love your new pearls!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous ripples, ladies!
Bsomlo, I messaged you on another forum.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Well now we know they looks good on a blond or brunette :mrgreen: nice pearls. Enjoy

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4RanchGirl -- thanks for the laugh!

babynurse -- I responded!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet photos of your Yorkie bsomlo Both necklaces look beautiful. Looking forward to more photos :twirl:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I've got more-this morning something magical happened to it. I'm in awe of how stunning it is.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Here are just a few. They are flat out impossible to capture in a photo.

-8_zps4de9986d.jpg

-4_zps484932d7.jpg

-5_zps095b6ea6.jpg

-6_zps70970c7c.jpg

-7_zps9edbb438.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo, WOW! they are big! I have a strand that photographs golden, but looks peachy to the eye also. (the overtone is peach) 4ranchgirl suggested I wear them with bright orange and they POP! I usually wear a white tank with orange or coral sweater or open shirt. They look better off my skin.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs. Taylor, I love your new onion pearls also. The colors are great and you should get many years of enjoyment from your new pearls. The size is big enough to be noticed and not too large to look fake. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: your dog is so cute! Still want your neck shots though! :D

Mrs Taylor: wow your neck shots look fantastic. Such lovely lustre. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, three super casual shots (not in a top I would wear outside) taken in front of a North facing window with my rotating in three directions:

I'd like honest feedback.

I wonder if they're too big for me (which I don't feel at all with the larger souffles and my "fire goddess" pendant which are much larger mm) and if the color isn't complimentary to my skin.

I'm looking for honesty -- pearl peeps!

ripples_1.jpg

ripples_0.jpg

ripples_4.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, I got your messages-- will respond shortly.

The pearls are lovely and definitely not too big. I don't think the top is the right color with these pearls. Do you have anything soft pink or peach, ivory, or even maybe a brighter pink or orange, or brown? It's hard to say without seeing them in person, but I've gotten pearls and been so disappointed with the color and then was absolutely amazed when I hunted around my closet and found the right color.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376578264|3503682 said:
I'd like honest feedback.

I wonder if they're too big for me (which I don't feel at all with the larger souffles and my "fire goddess" pendant which are much larger mm) and if the color isn't complimentary to my skin.

I'm looking for honesty -- pearl peeps!

IF here... And honestly I don't think they are too big.

But I do agree with baby nurse re: the top. I would try them with cream/ivory/cheerful yellow top and black before making a decision. Just this morning I had to change my pearls cos they really didn't go with the top, and those are one of my fav strands (the blue baroque akoyas that everyone loves IRL).

In your neck shot pics, they honestly don't pop. But the blue would be hard to match with them, and perhaps the same top goes better with whites?

I am not a creamy/pinky/peach and I can't wear those lovely pastel shades like your necklace. But IRL my fairer friends look great in such shades so I really think the pearls deserve a 2nd chance in another top/s.

Erm, as I typed this and scrolled back to see your earlier pics, I realize that I seem to be describing your dogs colour/fur when I suggested the colours but that's absolutely coincidental.

Erm, but truthfully she does look good in those pearls. :saint:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo I have to agree with the others, I think it would be stunning with white, cream, or black clothing. I think the size is fantastic (I am so envious over here, and I am tiny too) and the color of the pearls are just wonderful :love: :love: :love: I also think they are very flattering with your skin tone. Please take some more neck shots wearing black.

Mrs Taylor wow your pearls really came to life this morning! So happy you are loving them. Pearls are so funny that way, sometimes they just need to warm up :geek:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy jade -- you are funny! Imagine how funny you would be if you were real...

Belle does glam up anything. She is a cutie and a small choker of pearls would look great on her -- but I think I better stop at having a "purse dog" and not add pearls...

LitGeek -- I know, don't Mrs. Taylor's pearls pop this morning?!

Okay -- I'll go change... just for all of you...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1376583580|3503758 said:
icy jade -- you are funny! Imagine how funny you would be if you were real...

Belle does glam up anything. She is a cutie and a small choker of pearls would look great on her -- but I think I better stop at having a "purse dog" and not add pearls...

LitGeek -- I know, don't Mrs. Taylor's pearls pop this morning?!

Okay -- I'll go change... just for all of you...

WE must see photos after you do!

Mine are having a blast in the shade and the sun. This is as dark as I could catch 'em. My office is fairly bright with lots of natural light.
-3_zpsa0d40f5e.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results