carat
color
clarity

Bsomlo and Mrs. Taylor

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
omg, pearly goodness this morning!!

bsomlo, not to big at all, I love them!!!!! I love that golden colour.

MrsT, that last pic is all rainbows!!! What are you on about, no rainbows... lol

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And with black:

ripples_with_black.jpg

ripples_with_black_2.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: They pop better against black based on the pics. IRL do you like them against yellow or black? Or still not working for you? :???:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh MAN. I love love love love LOVE them with black. They need dark colors I think. They look great against your skin with black. I bet with dark brown or even gray and navy as well.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- I think you were right. Both colors look better than the rag I was wearing.

The pearls are absolutely beautiful. Substantial, nice skins, varied while being uniform.

I'm thinking I should have gone slightly smaller and darker.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Think maybe certain shades of green and purple will work too. Ha, not Belle's colours for sure this time. :lol:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo Uhm...oh my goodness ~ those pearls flipping glow with the black! So in love with these :love: :love: :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
All -- thanks for your input and comments.

They are gorgeous pearls, but not quite right for me.

I am going to return them to Catherine and hope my original package of two necklace/earring sets makes it to me.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOWEE!!!!!

Love both of those! Especially your rainbows, Mrs. T!

I think I figured out a trick to photographing my pearls. I put them on a white reflective surface (a dinner plate haha) and then have an over head light directly above them, but I diffuse the light with a very technical piece of equipment -- a paper towel. LOL.

It's the best way to capture the rainbows and colors I've found. better than open window, etc. I just create my own cloudy day with Bounty!

just the overhead light:
img_4207.jpg

with the paper towel:
img_4210.jpg

I swear it works every time! I'm dying to see more of the rainbows in yours, Mrs. T!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
sorry to hear you weren't happy, bsomlo!

and btw, your yorkie is unbelievably cute!!!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I would like to announce that there is a new owner of this beautiful jumbo ripple set, and it's one of us! Yay!!!

I will be mailing her the pearls tomorrow and she will reveal herself when it suits her... ah... the mystery, the intrigue...

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, now we know there is no such think as TOO BIG!!! Remember Wilma Flinstone!! They do look awesome with black, but then again I am a black wearing girl. They are so regular and I love the graduation. I'm sorry you decided they weren't for you.

They look fantastic on you, but alas, I have to say the star of the show is definitely Belle. So CUTE!! I think she needs some pearls of her own. I can only imagine how tiny 3 pounds must be - I have a cat who is three kilos and she is absolutely minature!

Mrs Taylor, I LOVE the colour of your pearls. They are so luminescent and pretty. The dusky pink tones are lovely on you. And I love the matching earrings too.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love that they are staying in the family though!! bsomlo, I am really hoping your original package makes it to you as well.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo How awesome is that, that one lucky lady from our forum gets to own those beauties! Fingers crossed your original pearls become found and make their way quickly to you!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Misskittycat-they aren't actually matching earrings. Well, they are, but to my other ripple necklace. :lol:
I just didn't think to take them off when I was first trying on the rainbows.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376628556|3504192 said:
I would like to announce that there is a new owner of this beautiful jumbo ripple set, and it's one of us! Yay!!!

I will be mailing her the pearls tomorrow and she will reveal herself when it suits her... ah... the mystery, the intrigue...

Woot. A semi happy ending and a mystery. :twirl:

Hope your other pearls find their way to you soon. That's a really happy ending then. ::)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The pearls have arrived to their happy new owner.

I am waiting for pictures and the Big Reveal. Hurry up, hurry up!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I have but one comment:

The pearls ended up on the neck meant to wear them!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo... the ripples ended up with me. I fell in love with them on Catherine's site and resigned myself to hoping that a PSer had bought them and would eventually share pictures. They are my dream pearls and Bsomlo was an angel to correspond with :saint: .

Here are a few pictures until I begin a thread.

dscn3918.jpg

dscn4033.jpg

_9207.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
They look amazing on you! WOW! They're absolutely magnificent!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
What can I say? They're home where they belong.

Lovely on you!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, thank you, bsomlo :wavey: !

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse Yay! I am so excited for you that you got your dream strand! It is absolutely gorgeous and looks fantastic on you :appl: :appl: :appl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
babynurse,
That strand looks SO pretty on you. Sure is a win-win situation here. I am still hesitant about ordering from Australia so I haven't jumped onto the Catherine Cardinelli bandwagon yet.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed your post, Mrs. Taylor. Thank you very much, I'm so happy!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LitGeek|1377263140|3508562 said:
baby nurse Yay! I am so excited for you that you got your dream strand! It is absolutely gorgeous and looks fantastic on you :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks, LitGeek! It looks amazing with peach, and cream, and pink which are all colors that I love to wear so I'm super excited!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHPmom|1377264322|3508578 said:
babynurse,
That strand looks SO pretty on you. Sure is a win-win situation here. I am still hesitant about ordering from Australia so I haven't jumped onto the Catherine Cardinelli bandwagon yet.

Thank you, HHPmom! It really was a win-win situation (how often does that happen :shock: ).
I was hesitant about buying from Australia, too. I admired her pearls for months before actually making a purchase, but it is very straightforward. The quality and customer service is amazing, prices very reasonable.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I don't think anyone should worry about ordering from Australia. I feel quite confident that my first purchase fiasco is a rarity and used up all the bad karma for the entire PriceScope family for years to come. My second purchase, now Baby Nurse's, arrived in about 7/8 business days via regular mail.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1377263140|3508562 said:

What she said!!

Yay for happy endings! And they really look great on you. :appl:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't worry about ordering. I've gotten over a dozen pieces from her and they've all arrived between one and two weeks. No problem at all. AND if we're being honest about poor Bsomlo's strand, it wasn't Australia that screwed it up, or customs. It was the USPS. Am I correct in that B? Total fluke, it totally stinks, but it really had nothing to do with international shipping so if you see something you love I'd say buy with confidence. And yes, Bsomlo used up ALL the bad karma along with my dear friend Jenncent, but that was also a result of Canada's post during a crisis (flood) and not international shipping.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results