shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue-green Tahitian baroque studs from Pearl Paradise!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
After buying the Tahitians for my grandmother, I asked Jeremy to match me a pair of Tahitian studs. I told him I wanted more vibrant rather than subtle colors, and he suggested baroque or drop dangles because there's just so much more color possible. However, I wear studs 99.9% of the time (the other 0.1% are my hoops and the pearl dangles I'll wear on my wedding day) so there was no way that I'd get dangles for earrings intended for daily wear. I asked if he could drill baroques and make them into studs, and he said he could. He matched a few pairs for me and this is the pair I ended up going with! Green is my favorite color and blue is my second favorite color - so these are perfect! These are 8.0-9mm AAA baroques. I can't wait to receive them.

I wanted to mention that he also matched up a pair of "super peacocks" which I was really tempted to buy too. Here they are! I hope that someone else on this awesome forum can snag them. He mentioned that he's going to make these into earrings too.

_dsc1499.jpg

_dsc1487__2_.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Re: Blue-green Tahitian baroque studs

Those are yummy :lickout: Looking forward to ear shots and more. Congrats!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I love the baroques you chose! Because they are baroques their colors will be amazing :love: :love: :love: Now you just need a matching strand :wink2: Oh and those super peacocks are gorgeous...I hope someone on here will grab them.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Love them!!! I'll look forward to your ear shots!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: the color is TDF and the luster is really, really good too. Congratulations and enjoy!

A

Andromeda

Beautiful Tahitians sortmon! You made such amazing pearl acquisitions recently! So happy for you!! :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re: Blue-green Tahitian baroque studs

mynattk|1386355117|3568892 said:
Those are yummy :lickout: Looking forward to ear shots and more. Congrats!
Thank you! I'm anxiously waiting for the "Your order has shipped!" email too.

LitGeek|1386357595|3568924 said:
I love the baroques you chose! Because they are baroques their colors will be amazing :love: :love: :love: Now you just need a matching strand :wink2: Oh and those super peacocks are gorgeous...I hope someone on here will grab them.
Me too! I really want someone here to buy them so I won't be tempted. I'm also super curious for some "in real life" pictures of them.

pinkjewel|1386359445|3568947 said:
Love them!!! I'll look forward to your ear shots!
Thank you! I'll be updating this thread once they come.

4Ranch Girl|1386360438|3568958 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: the color is TDF and the luster is really, really good too. Congratulations and enjoy!
Thanks! Once I saw the color on that pair, I knew that I wanted it.

Andromeda|1386361095|3568972 said:
Beautiful Tahitians sortmon! You made such amazing pearl acquisitions recently! So happy for you!! :appl:
Thank you! I need to take a break to let my bank account recover. It will be awhile.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I feel you on that one! Although Etsy is easier on the bank account!

Those are a fab colour! Can't wait to see IRL pics and hear what you think of them!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386368482|3569063 said:
I feel you on that one! Although Etsy is easier on the bank account!

Those are a fab colour! Can't wait to see IRL pics and hear what you think of them!
Me too, I keep checking my email to see if I've received a shipment confirmation (no).

...and I feel like I need some South Sea pearls now after looking at your thread. It will never end.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Fabulous colours ! Can't wait to see the photos when you get them !!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I've ever seen baroque Tahitian studs. I'm very interested to see ear shots. I'm a dangles girl myself.

Beautiful color!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1386505382|3570001 said:
Fabulous colours ! Can't wait to see the photos when you get them !!
Thanks! I can't wait to get them too. I'm have a hard time taking photos of pearls, especially Tahitians. They always look so homogenous to me. I tried using natural light and indoor light, but I can't seem to capture the overtones.

bsomlo|1386560616|3570277 said:
I don't think I've ever seen baroque Tahitian studs. I'm very interested to see ear shots. I'm a dangles girl myself.

Beautiful color!
Thanks! I think this may be one of the few times they've done it like this over at PP. They look like they turned out well though. I'll definitely be updating with ear shots when I get them. :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Super rich colors! I have the feeling you will be VERY impressed with them when you get them home!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew said:
Super rich colors! I have the feeling you will be VERY impressed with them when you get them home!!
Thanks! Does anyone have any tips on how to take photos of Tahitians so I can capture all the subtle overtones?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I've never seen baroque Tahitian studs before either but I think these will be amazing! Very colorful and unique! WHen do you expect to receive them?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew said:
I've never seen baroque Tahitian studs before either but I think these will be amazing! Very colorful and unique! WHen do you expect to receive them?
They shipped last night! I should get them on Monday! Very excited.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see them. I've never seen baroque set as studs. The colors suit you better than the other pair. Well done!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Just got these today! I'm at work so no time for ear shots - will post better pictures later!

I love them and can't wait to wear them. :)

photo__36_.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I can't ever seem to be able to take pictures when it's actually light out (living in Seattle, the sun basically rises at 7:30am and sets at 4pm) so shots are in my poor bathroom lighting once again. I love the colors though - they are very obviously green on my ears, not dark grey like my grandmother's. There's an ever-so-slight rainbow to them at the ends too.

_12758.jpg

_12759.jpg

_12760.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Definitely green! Wear them in good health. I am having the same problem regarding natural light -- I leave in the dark and return in the dark. I have yet to really see my new purchases in natural lighting...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. :love:
Love the colors and its presence on your ears. :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
The green is so vibrant and gorgeous :love: They look absolutely lovely on you. Enjoy!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love the colors in your new earrings! They are a great size for your ears and really stand out. Congratulations!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice. I would have picked the same one over the other. Dark peacock or cherry looks good on Asian only if it's a certain shade. Too dark the pink isn't glorified on the skin. Too pink it gets washed out. But green, blue green, fly wing green all pops. Just my observation. You picked a very pretty and unique pair.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the comments! I agree that this pair is definitely better for me. I'm wearing them today! It is yet another very overcast day in Seattle so no good pictures yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results