shape
carat
color
clarity

Blossom setting for pearl drop earrings

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm from Canada. i read your wonderful threads, but don't post a lot (I'll try to do better).

4Ranch Girl and baby nurse recently posted pics of exquisite drop pearl earrings in blossom type settings. I really like these. Love the settings in the yellow gold. I want to make this a to-do project for myself for later this year. Who (of online suppliers, designers) would forum members recommend to create these special earrings for me? Why do you recommend them? I'd want golden south sea pearls, large ones, in preferably 18k, real good quality pearls :). I might also look to make a similar, custom (not exactly the same 'blossom') pendant (I want to find that special pearl first though).

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure who uses this setting other than Pearl Paradise. There might be others though I just do not know who they are. When I had Pearl Paradise make my earrings I asked them to custom make a pendent setting in the blosson setting for me, which they did. I love this pendent and wear it all the time. I am sure it will come as no suprise that I will recomend Pearl Paradise for your project and sourcing your pearls they go the extra mile to meet all your pearl needs. NacreLover used this setting for her golden ss and they are just breath taking from PP too.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely go with PP because their customer service is fantastic and their pearls are magnificent! The last three earrings I have purchased from them I have wanted to use the blossom setting, but the pearls I have chosen have all been too large. I was told that 10-11 mm is usually the largest this setting will accommodate, of course there are always exceptions. If you contact PP and tell them what you are looking for, I am sure they will be able to create just what you are looking for. Hopefully my next pair will be done in the blossom setting :naughty:

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. I did wonder of pearl size too. Are yours in 18 or 14K ? I ask because I've sensitive ears that itch and inflame so easily with certain metals. I think I may be contacting PP!! :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
blondie, 4ranchgirl and Jeremy Shepherd selected these dark golden loose pearls a few months ago when she was at Pearl Paradise. I didn't have the blossom setting in my collection so we decided to give them a try. The strand also in the photo is medium gold. What I like about them? The leaves are flat surfaces that V. Light seems to hit them all the time and they twinkle and flash. This was unexpected but I just love them. I hope you enjoy them also. If you find you love them think a matching pendant. 4RanchGirl had PP make a coordinating pendant to match her last project. Very pretty for sure.

goldenblossomearrings.jpg

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Wow. Those are incredible. Exactly what I love. Love the detail with the gold. Such a lovely color and lustre to the pearls. Are these similar to AA+ quality they show with the blossom drops on their website, or are these of higher quality picked out in person?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Blondie, It's kind of a story... I looked for my appraisal which would answer your question but I can't find it.

I purchased a pair of 10-11mm golden studs. I found someone who sold them and this vendor said these were the darkest they had. I had never seen goldens in stores in my area so I had nothing to judge them with. Since then I had seen photos, but as you know they are not a good judge either as photographs look different under light boxes.

Well , two years ago 4RanchGirl and I were at PP for the Ruckus and I brought my earrings and point blank asked Jeremy what color he would say they were. I wanted the truth and not something watered down so my feelings wouldn't be hurt. He walked in the vault and came out with a strip of matched undrilled goldens. They were much darker than my earrings. I asked OK, what color are your matched pairs. He said "medium golden".

Well ever since then I kept talking about the medium goldens , I couldn't get them off my mind. Finally 4ranchgirl said " Would you just buy some and quit talking about them?" Well, I called and talked to Jeremy and asked if he ever got darker goldens than medium golden, he said , sometimes.

Well, he went shopping again and 4ranchgirl went back to see what he came home with. She and I always chat on the phone when she's there and she was so excited when she called. He had two pair that he bought with some medium goldens for a man on another forum we both chat at. He wanted some for his wife's gift. The man had first choice , I got the others. They were so close they were basically identical pairs. 4ranchgirl said "You have to buy these" so I did.
This is the man's thread at the other forum and what he did with his pair. The story is accurate except the MM size.
http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7127

583.jpg

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Well this is fascinating...

Just prior to starting this thread, I saw that pic of the man's emerald + golden pearls. I was truly drawn to that color. It reminded me of the first golden pearl I saw, in Kauai in 2010. I told myself if I ever bought a golden pearl it would be like this. I'm a former quilter - I've real good color memory. Yours is a wonderful rich golden too. So I think I'm learning what I'm drawn to, what appeals to me. What I'm needing is a better education of lustre. I just don't have that same "memory" or sense within me. They say the best way to judge pearls is side by side. I think this is so true.

I'm returning to Kauai in a bit. When I return, I'm making these golden ss earrings my project. Thank you so much for all the information.

:)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
When those 2 pairs of goldens came out of Jeremy's desk I told NL no matter the cost she HAD to have that second pair. I knew how hard they had been to find and all 4 were the same color and AAA quality. Saw them in her ears a couple of weekends ago and they are TDF.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
blondie~|1376273383|3501124 said:
Well this is fascinating...

Just prior to starting this thread, I saw that pic of the man's emerald + golden pearls. I was truly drawn to that color. It reminded me of the first golden pearl I saw, in Kauai in 2010. I told myself if I ever bought a golden pearl it would be like this. I'm a former quilter - I've real good color memory. Yours is a wonderful rich golden too. So I think I'm learning what I'm drawn to, what appeals to me. What I'm needing is a better education of lustre. I just don't have that same "memory" or sense within me. They say the best way to judge pearls is side by side. I think this is so true.

I'm returning to Kauai in a bit. When I return, I'm making these golden ss earrings my project. Thank you so much for all the information.

:)

Deepest golden SSPs I've seen were at Jewelmer when I recently visited Manila - IRL the pearls are a tad darker. When I looked at some golden SSP studs up close, I swear I saw overtones - hard to describe tho, or I could have been too dazzled by their beauty... I wasn't a fan of golden SSPs until I saw the Jewelmer ones. So I understand what you mean. If I ever buy golden SSP, it would be like the Jewelmer ones.

E.g.:

_8497.jpg

More here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-watching-in-manila.191900/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-watching-in-manila.191900/[/URL]

By the way I think the blossom setting from PP looks wonderful, but I think someone mentioned that it doesn't move/dangle freely? Would the lack of movement be a concern to you?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful golden pearls from Jewelmer Icyjade. We were not told where this parcel of Golden's were purchased from.. JCB who owns Jewelmer is a member of pearlguide and a friend of Jeremy's.,
We have seen photos of his home and hotel on Flower Island. There was talk of holding a ruckus there sometime. We can always hope it happenens.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NL I smile every time I look at your beautiful dark goldens :love: They are spectacular!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1376305558|3501258 said:
Beautiful golden pearls from Jewelmer Icyjade. We were not told where this parcel of Golden's were purchased from.. JCB who owns Jewelmer is a member of pearlguide and a friend of Jeremy's.,
We have seen photos of his home and hotel on Flower Island. There was talk of holding a ruckus there sometime. We can always hope it happenens.

NL: Thanks and a ruckus there sounds heavenly. :)
Do you know if Jewelmer enhances their golden SSP colours? I think/hope not, but their goldens are really deep gold, and I've never seen pearls in that colour (online or IRL) before so I did wonder if they are completely natural (tho I absolutely fell in love with their pearls). Also how can we tell if golden SSPs are enhanced? Sorry for my very noob questions! :???:

P.s: was looking for pics of NL's blossoms on the ear to admire and remembered this thread. :bigsmile:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-pictures-of-drop-pearl-earrings-to-compare-findings.191185/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-pictures-of-drop-pearl-earrings-to-compare-findings.191185/[/URL]

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh... One of the pics in the first link shows some of the orient that i thought i'd imagine on the classic studs that I saw in the store:

See the front most deep golden pearl.

Just saw this on the Jewelmer site. So I think I saw the 'gold' studs in the store?

_8735.jpg

_8736.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
One of 4ranchgirl and our friends also knows JCB. He was telling us the story about how he started the commercial growing of black pearls in Tahiti then sold it and started the commercial growing of goldens. Pearl lovers everywhere have much to thank him for.

If you go to pearl guide and type in Jewelmer, there are pages of links to this company and their glorious pearls.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun. These golden SS shells came from Jewelmer and were appetizer plates from the second ruckus. 4ranchgirl brought 4 back for me. The Black lipped oyster shell, I got on vacation in Tahiti.

3500.jpg

blondie~

Rough_Rock
I'm sure learning a lot of golden pearls from this thread.

Those jewelmer pearls are simply .. Jaw dropping ... Wow. That pave work too with the pieces. Exquisite. Holy guacamole. I'd need a lotto win. I WANT a lotto win lol.

I guess I'm on the hunt for dark golden pearls. I wonder if I should put my money into one large beautiful dark golden pearl for a pendant OR go for 10-11m blossom drops? I'm going to have to think about it. Maybe what I find first will make that decision obvious to me. It's not so important I've a matching set. I know lots of ladies like this, but I don't really like wearing things together.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Check out Agustus at Eastern Trade Winds. His web site is here, and he also posts on eBay. That is where I nabbed my 14mm white SS baby. I got it right after he got back from a pearl buying trip. I, too, was looking for deep goldens, but this white beauty won my heart.

http://www.easterntradewinds.com/store/Loose-South-Sea-Pearls/

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1376412977|3502171 said:
Check out Agustus at Eastern Trade Winds. His web site is here, and he also posts on eBay. That is where I nabbed my 14mm white SS baby. I got it right after he got back from a pearl buying trip. I, too, was looking for deep goldens, but this white beauty won my heart.

http://www.easterntradewinds.com/store/Loose-South-Sea-Pearls/

I just ordered some south sea pearls from Sven for a bracelet Pattye will be making for me. He is super nice and he has a very good return policy. His prices are also very good!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
blondie~|1376356260|3501774 said:
I'm sure learning a lot of golden pearls from this thread.

Those jewelmer pearls are simply .. Jaw dropping ... Wow. That pave work too with the pieces. Exquisite. Holy guacamole. I'd need a lotto win. I WANT a lotto win lol.

I guess I'm on the hunt for dark golden pearls. I wonder if I should put my money into one large beautiful dark golden pearl for a pendant OR go for 10-11m blossom drops? I'm going to have to think about it. Maybe what I find first will make that decision obvious to me. It's not so important I've a matching set. I know lots of ladies like this, but I don't really like wearing things together.

Blondie, The darker they are the more they are worth. Beware, make sure you TRUST the source you buy them from. Nothing worse than buying dyed goldens and paying top prices for that opportunity.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1376425128|3502295 said:
Flygirl and LitGEEK, Photos? to share?
NL - It's the ring in my avatar. I'm planning on a thread for it soon.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NL Here are the SS multicolored pearls I bought from Sven (Agustus-Collection). Pattye and I chose these together over the phone for the bracelet she is making for me. It will be similar in design to 4Ranch Girl's bracelets that Pattye made for her.

screen_shot_2013-08-12_at_10.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1376425053|3502292 said:
Blondie, The darker they are the more they are worth. Beware, make sure you TRUST the source you buy them from. Nothing worse than buying dyed goldens and paying top prices for that opportunity.

Found out the Jewelmer will be exhibiting at the October show in Singapore. Super tempted to buy something from them! Arghh...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1376486444|3502735 said:

Found out the Jewelmer will be exhibiting at the October show in Singapore. Super tempted to buy something from them! Arghh...

Pleaset visit and take more pictures for all of us :naughty: So what are you thinking you would like to buy?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1376487995|3502744 said:

Pleaset visit and take more pictures for all of us :naughty: So what are you thinking you would like to buy?

I am not sure if pics are allowed, but if yes then I will certainly share my shopping fun.

Umm... Studs maybe? I can't afford the more fancy designs for sure (sigh...).

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1376492798|3502804 said:
LitGeek|1376487995|3502744 said:

I am not sure if pics are allowed, but if yes then I will certainly share my shopping fun.

Umm... Studs maybe? I can't afford the more fancy designs for sure (sigh...).

I would want just a lovely deep golden pair of studs, I think they would get more wear than something fancier. Just let those gorgeous pearls be the center of attention :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results